News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disney Glimpses

Again, not defending this stupid salt mine storyline, but i'm sure the logos and signs are intentional. The stamped on "Salt Company" logo being representative of the previous owners of the company and Tiana being the person who bought it out. She put up signs over it to convey that she's moving in soon.
Exactly. They are playing out a story here for us! I'm into it :)

_caleb

If Disney didn't want Tiana to actually be who she was in the movie, what was the point of actually retheming the ride to Tiana in the first place?

I mean, aside from the fact that people online were demanding it...
This thread will serve to update on construction progress specific to Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

It is not to discuss the merits of the retheme of Splash Mountain, please continue to use the original thread at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-and-the-frog-tianas-bayou-adventure.965899/

Brer Oswald

Again, not defending this stupid salt mine storyline, but i'm sure the logos and signs are intentional. The stamped on "Salt Company" logo being representative of the previous owners of the company and Tiana being the person who bought it out. She put up signs over it to convey that she's moving in soon.
It’s definitely intentional. Though I think it’s kinda silly because the only people that will ever know this happened are the hardcore fans watching this now, half of which are not too happy about the change.

Incomudro

It’s definitely intentional. Though I think it’s kinda silly because the only people that will ever know this happened are the hardcore fans watching this now, half of which are not too happy about the change.
Good point.
What does Tiana's Foods mean to anyone who isn't on a forum like this who thus knows the backstory they are working in?
Certainly your average park goer - huge Princess and the Frog fan or not - has no clue what Tiana's Foods means.
If anything, they're confused.

_caleb

I like the way they've decorated the construction walls with the Salt Dome logos and the Tiana's Foods posters. On-theme walls help start telling the story before the ride is even open.

Brer Oswald

Good point.
What does Tiana's Foods mean to anyone who isn't on a forum like this who thus knows the backstory they are working in?
Certainly your average park goer - huge Princess and the Frog fan or not - has no clue what Tiana's Foods means.
If anything, they're confused.
They definitely could have made this story a whole lot simpler and more appealing for the guests. Oh well.

_caleb

They definitely could have made this story a whole lot simpler and more appealing for the guests. Oh well.
How? Seems pretty clear to me. Even if we don't yet know what either of the two things are, we can see that one is like an industrial company and the other is "taking over," right?

LittleBuford

I like the way they've decorated the construction walls with the Salt Dome logos and the Tiana's Foods posters. On-theme walls help start telling the story before the ride is even open.
The problem from my perspective is that the story being conjured is misleading. The signage would indicate a twenty-first-century restaurant or market, not a fun adventure taking place a century ago. If the aesthetic of the signs felt more vintage, and the wording less contemporary, I would be happier with the result.

JoeCamel

Wayyyyyy to many posts on social media today of people thinking “Tiana’s Foods” is a restaurant. I’d rather them just put the name of the attraction on the walls than trying to convey an overly complex backstory only hardcore fans will understand.
Maybe they are pulling the greatest fake in theme park history and really building a restaurant?
Revenue+ vs ride- might be the key

celluloid

I was just stopping by to say so many people are going to think this is a resteraunt and far too many, without seeing the font or connecting a fantasy princess to rustic surreal frontierland are not going to get to talking about a Princess and The Frog based ride coming.

_caleb

The problem from my perspective is that the story being conjured is misleading. The signage would indicate a twenty-first-century restaurant or market, not a fun adventure taking place a century ago. If the aesthetic of the signs felt more vintage, and the wording less contemporary, I would be happier with the result.
What makes it seem to be 21st-century? The colors? The design? (Not being argumentative, just interested in discussing!)
I think the typefaces they used are c.1920s.

B4340B9D-2951-453B-B27A-59964D9EAB00.jpeg

LittleBuford

What makes it seem to be 21st-century? The colors? The design? (Not being argumentative, just interested in discussing!)
I think the typefaces they used are c.1920s.

View attachment 696047
The aesthetic looks to my eyes very '90s, while the wording and branding strike me as even more recent, which is why I find the overall vibe very twenty-first century. For me at least, absolutely nothing about this sign evokes the 1920s. And that has me deeply worried about the ride itself.

_caleb

The aesthetic looks to my eyes very '90s, while the wording and branding strike me as even more recent, which is why I find the overall vibe very twenty-first century. For me at least, absolutely nothing about this sign evokes the 1920s. And that has me deeply worried about the ride itself.
That’s funny, because to me, it sort of comes across as 1970-ish? I don’t know… I cannot imagine whoever designed this didn’t do at least a little homework to see what fits the era.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom