News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

I see why Steve has hope for this new show. Just finished watching Wonderous Journey the new Disneyland show. If this is the type of quality we can expect again from Disney parks nighttime shows again then I am pumped for this new show.
We'll see if Epcot can put IP into WSL in a good way......

TTA94

IMO I prefer the Harmonious soundtrack, somewhat, over WoC One. Maybe if World Showcase had similar WoC fountains and effects with the Harm soundtrack things would be way different. Maybe not to everyone but the vast majority of guests.

Vinnie Mac

IMO I prefer the Harmonious soundtrack, somewhat, over WoC One. Maybe if World Showcase had similar WoC fountains and effects with the Harm soundtrack things would be way different. Maybe not to everyone but the vast majority of guests.
Honestly Someday is what makes the soundtrack somewhat better for me but the original music For WoC is a lot better than the entire soundtrack of Harmonious.

Richie248

I thought Harmonious did the best it could do w/ incorporating Disney IP into a soundtrack and still make it feel somewhat Epcot. For those excited to see Harmonious go....from a musical perspective....I don't think it's going to get much better. Yes the barges will be gone.....but will we end up with a flurry of musical clips like we now have at DL w/ Wonderous?? I'mm going to miss Harmonious....won't miss the barges....but will miss the music.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought Harmonious did the best it could do w/ incorporating Disney IP into a soundtrack and still make it feel somewhat Epcot. For those excited to see Harmonious go....from a musical perspective....I don't think it's going to get much better. Yes the barges will be gone.....but will we end up with a flurry of musical clips like we now have at DL w/ Wonderous?? I'mm going to miss Harmonious....won't miss the barges....but will miss the music.
Imagine if the new show had an original score. Difficult I know given todays management.

Richie248

Imagine if the new show had an original score. Difficult I know given todays management.
Wouldn't that be something!! Considering the new Epcot show will celebrate the 100th Anniversary....I doubt we're getting anything "original"....but agree...so much of Epcot's legacy/music was built upon original compositions. Any insight Marni as to what's coming our way? BTW, love your videos!

wtyy21

If anyone watch closely about Wondrous Journeys that previously mentioned, the mashups of Out There, Go the Distance, Belle, and How Far I'll Go resemble how Harmonious played some of these scores, at least the end of the segment.

Vinnie Mac

If anyone watch closely about Wondrous Journeys that previously mentioned, the mashups of Out There, Go the Distance, Belle, and How Far I'll Go resemble how Harmonious played some of these scores, at least the end of the segment.

It sounds like a mix of HEA and Harmonious.

tnemgif

I see why Steve has hope for this new show. Just finished watching Wonderous Journey the new Disneyland show. If this is the type of quality we can expect again from Disney parks nighttime shows again then I am pumped for this new show.
Totally agree. I know we all have mixed feelings on the song mashups, but this new show is arranged so much better than Harmonious. And there’s (more) thoughtful pacing - something I feel has been lacking for any Disney production for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom