Trip Report 9000 sans adult supervision, solo at WDW!

Take 2!

5 days at wilderness lodge club level here I come! Left Atlanta around 630 AM and I'm currently about an hour from Orlando.

I hit some rough waters during my trip down here. By rough waters I mean hot water. For those of you that were up earlier you know what I'm talking about. You know there's "magical" drama when your text message inbox looks liked this...

20230115_105517.jpg

I truly take it as an honor that 2 lovely ladies who are also heavy hitters in these trip report forums took a moment to check in with me 😍

But I'm back at open seas with sunshine ahead And we're gonna have the hap-hap- happiest trip report since that time that Michael Jackson came to my house to use the bathroom! OK well Michael Jackson didn't come to my house to use the bathroom..., but his sister did!

For anybody who is wondering why I'm so low, my wife had to stay home with one of our cats who was ill and will hopefully fly down to meet me once She is able to have the cat seen by the veterinarian tomorrow or Tuesday.

But for now, it's your boy, the people's champ, unsupervised at WDW! Rest assured, hijinks will pursue!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
The ghost references have been cracking me up all day! Keep em coming!

Here's a quick recap of last night's return to HS!

Beer at Fairfax, then I rode something

20230118_175430.jpg

Beer at Tune In, then I rode something

20230118_171628.jpg

Beer at Docking Bay 7, then I rode something

20230118_183240.jpg

With the exception of tune in lounge, mobile ordering beer around the parks has become a Go to for me. The time it saves really adds up over the course of the trip.

I did some shopping/browsing amd then headed back to WL. I went to Geyser Point (shocker) and got the steak sandwich, watched the fireworks from MK and then hit the sack!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I replied back, "thank you" and said , it's pretty cool that you know about the original Ghostbusters. She said, oh ya, I love all the 80s movies, I watch them with my dad, my favorite is Gremlins and Back to The Future!

I said, your dad is a smart man for teaching you about those movies, all the 80s movies are great. She replied, my mom said I can watch Beverly Hills Cop when I'm older. I laughed and said , ya, that one is definitely for grown ups.

At this point I tell the tale where I made my youngest (lil me) watch all the necessary 80s trilogies and films. After he showed interest in video games, star wars, etc.. I forced an indoctrination of:

BTTF
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones
Star Wars OT
Gremilns
Goonies
etc
and later ones like Jurassic Park, etc
My training has paid off with retro becoming so popular of late.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was at Epcot pre rope drop for magic hours for resort guests. Was able to ride TT no wait. On my way out, I found what is apparently the safest place to store your personal items.

20230119_090318.jpg

Frozen was a 5 minute wait

20230119_093829.jpg

Next was France Pavilion to buy our new kitten, Marie some Marie themed bowls and dishes.

20230119_100154.jpg

I also got a Marie cat toy and water bowl.

Rode Remy then hit the lifetime of wonder on this planet Earth...

It was time for La fin du monde

20230119_104933.jpg

I had an important rendezvous and it was time to head out. I had over an hour to get where I needed to be, but of course, hijinks would pursue....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday cntd...

I headed out of the park with a little over an hour to make it to my destination which was Disney Springs.

I thought Disney had bus service from the parks to the Springs but apparently not. Next best option was to take a bus to a resort then to the Springs. I noticed a bus for port Orleans riversiide there waiting so I hopped on knowing it was close to the Springs.

Upon arriving at port Orleans I hopped off at the 1st bus stop not thinking that there was multiple stops in that resort. I quickly realized that I was about as far from the main building as possible lol

Waited for the next bus to pull up and then we eventually got to the main building. I had never been inside the riverside building and was quite surprised at how amazing it is. So of course I got distracted and started taking some pictures to send to my wife

20230119_113214.jpg

20230119_113507.jpg

As I approached the dock I noticed a boat pulling up and thought I was in luck. Within a few moments I realized it was doing the opposite and pulling away and I had just missed it.

It took a while for the next one to arrive but finally but eventually it arrived and I was in my way

20230119_114644.jpg

20230119_115809.jpg

I thought the Friend Ships over at Epcot/Boardwalk were slow, but man, those things are Lamborghinis compared to the boats over Port Orleans 🤣

I think the folks golfing at Saratoga were finishing their hole and moving past us.

Eventually we made it to the dock and I had to get to art Smith's. Of course the dock is about as far away from art Smith as could be lol. I started walking and arrived About 10 minutes late.

These struggle to get there was absolutely worth it as I had the honor to have lunch with the two most beautiful ladies that were at the Springs!

IMG_8539.jpg

It's @Darstarr and @riverside ! And big Tone was in the house too!

IMG_8543.jpg

Our entire discussion was about politics so unfortunately I will not be able to Share any of it with you. Just kidding. We did have a good laugh about how there are people who stalk any thread or forum looking for something to report to their emotional distress to the mods.

But onto something that is actually worth being emotional about, we ordered a round of drinks and had a toast in honor of Lilly ❤

My phones memory was full but @Darstarr got a picture I believe and perhaps she would be kind enough to share it here. She also got some pictures of our food.

I truly (seltzer reference) had a great time at lunch. It was great to see some old friends and make a new one as well. And considering we had a 49ers fan, a Steelers fan and two Cowboys fans all at the same table, we had a blast. Thank you so much ladies for a wonderful afternoon and especially Big Tone for tolerating all of our Disney magic talk !

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
But onto something that is actually worth being emotional about, we ordered a round of drinks and had a toast in honor of Lilly ❤

My phones memory was full but @Darstarr got a picture I believe and perhaps she would be kind enough to share it here
FFF5EF14-4B63-4A67-B1CD-DF601D43F462.jpeg

Thank you so much ladies for a wonderful afternoon and especially Big Tone for tolerating all of our Disney magic talk !
He said he had no idea what the heck we were talking about (except the politics😂).

Had a great time. Sorry to have missed C!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
After an absolutely wonderful lunch with the ladies and big tone I had to head out because I had a virtual queue return time for Cosmic Rewind.

I actually had to leave lunch earlier than I would have preferred because my original return time was 3:30 PM but over the course of the afternoon it went down to 130 and I got the message that my group was called.

It's very frustrating that Disney makes you plan everything from dining reservations to park reservations to what time you'll ride a specific ride and if one thing changes it can disrupt an entire afternoon. But they pitch genie plus and my Disney experience app as a great way to make your vacation less stressful lol.

And before anybody chimes in to say that you have a one hour return time limit remember I'm at Disney Springs and I have to go to a resort 1st then transfer to epcot. Also I had to stop at guest relations at Disney Springs to renew my annual pass. That was not by choice. I was having trouble renewing my pass online and they told me I specifically had to go to Disney Springs. After waiting 20 minutes in line at guest relations I renewed my pass and they also told me that I could have done it at any of the parks and they had no idea why I was told I had to specifically go to the Springs.

And considering my cosmic rewind return time was 330, a noon lunch gave me plenty of time to do what I needed but of course that changed.

I chirped a lyft to save time. I arrived at Epcot and was appx 20 minutes late but they let me ride.

I even got reverse @Longers status (that's front row in case you didn't know)

20230119_145311.jpg

After Cosmic Rewind, I went to get the AP magnet

20230119_150330.jpg

I had made a genie + for Remmie earlier in the day so I went there next. Here's a blurry 2-D pic.

20230119_153919.jpg

I headed back to wilderness lodge after that.

Got back to the resort relaxed and took a shower. Mouse keeping had left a new towel animal as well.

20230119_164603.jpg

It was so much fun every day I came back to the resort there was a new towel animal or something creative with the towels. Never had it happen every day in a row before period definitely a nice touch.

Old faithful lounge had just put out lunch as I left headed to magic kingdom so I stopped in for a quick snac
20230119_174635.jpg

20230119_174627.jpg

20230119_174630.jpg

20230119_174644.jpg

I just had a few ribs and corn dog nuggets and they were absolutely amazing.

Attachments

• 20230119_164603.jpg
    20230119_164603.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 41

Tiki Traveler

Yesterday cntd...

I headed out of the park with a little over an hour to make it to my destination which was Disney Springs.

I thought Disney had bus service from the parks to the Springs but apparently not. Next best option was to take a bus to a resort then to the Springs. I noticed a bus for port Orleans riversiide there waiting so I hopped on knowing it was close to the Springs.

Upon arriving at port Orleans I hopped off at the 1st bus stop not thinking that there was multiple stops in that resort. I quickly realized that I was about as far from the main building as possible lol

Waited for the next bus to pull up and then we eventually got to the main building. I had never been inside the riverside building and was quite surprised at how amazing it is. So of course I got distracted and started taking some pictures to send to my wife

View attachment 693606

View attachment 693607

View attachment 693609
Sorry your trip to Disney Springs was so convoluted but thanks for including the Riverside pictures. We stayed there early November and I don’t have many hotel photos for my trip report.

I had my husband read your report so he could see how nice club level at WL is.

Thanks for posting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom