The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

Yeah you should go. It doesn’t have the classic old school vibes unfortunately but it has a certain charm to it for being a new spot. They opened up about 2-3 years ago. It’s a huge restaurant. It’s always empty though so it doesn’t have that lived in hectic feel that Andres had. I think they do a lot of catering/ Take out. They must to pay that rent. It’s literally the same food/ menu though. I think it’s either the same owner or the Brother or whoever owned Andres.
Just googled it and Aaron (Andre’s owner) popped up in the photos lol. The food literally looks exactly the same. Too bad it’s kinda far, but at least the food is still around. Will definitely drop by when I’m in the area.

Notes from Neverland

It'd be really nice if Disneyland would publish their entertainment schedule a bit further out. As is, it's really hard to plan (or even consider) dining packages or dessert parties when it's not clear when the show runs.

Nland316

Recently purchased a Magic Key. Opted for the Imagine Key since visiting DL isn’t as high on my radar as it previously was when AP’s were still a thing pre pandemic.

First thing I noticed when making a reservation — why is Disneyland closing so early throughout the week? 8pm is ridiculous. I remember it even being rare for DCA to stay open later than DL, but it seems pretty frequent now with it closing at 10pm. I understand it’s off season, but those same hours bleed into the next few months as well — even with the 100th in mind.

I’d think with the anniversary, a new attraction, and the new entertainment coming that hours would have been stretched out..

mickEblu

Original Poster
Recently purchased a Magic Key. Opted for the Imagine Key since visiting DL isn’t as high on my radar as it previously was when AP’s were still a thing pre pandemic.

First thing I noticed when making a reservation — why is Disneyland closing so early throughout the week? 8pm is ridiculous. I remember it even being rare for DCA to stay open later than DL, but it seems pretty frequent now with it closing at 10pm. I understand it’s off season, but those same hours bleed into the next few months as well — even with the 100th in mind.

I’d think with the anniversary, a new attraction, and the new entertainment coming that hours would have been stretched out..

I think it’s closing early for Sweetheart nights. The after hours event

tcool123

Universal is never been known for their food. A lot of it is pretty bad. I try to eat in the Three Broomsticks when I'm there or in City Walk.
Don't worry folks! There's double the parks which means double the mediocre food in Florida. I truly don't understand how they can't manage to have decent (I don't need good/great) offerings in their parks 😅

Rich T

Don't worry folks! There's double the parks which means double the mediocre food in Florida. I truly don't understand how they can't manage to have decent (I don't need good/great) offerings in their parks 😅
I’ve actually had great food at Universal Orlando at The Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, Thunder Falls and Confisco. Absolutely as good or better when compared to similar dishes I’ve had at the WDW parks.

Seriously, some of the food I’ve gotten at MK and Epcot (not most, just some) has been, in my opinion, awful. I’ve only had one disappointing food experience at UOR so far. That’s spread over about a dozen trips each to the two resorts over the past several months.

tcool123

I’ve actually had great food at Universal Orlando at The Leaky Cauldron, Three Broomsticks, Thunder Falls and Confisco.
To each their own, personally not huge into the Potter quick services. Thunder Falls and Confisco surprises and I will concede that the pumpkin pomegranate hummus was surprisingly enjoyable and the pad thai leagues better than what was served to me at Mythos. We still have plenty of other restaurants as well as the food festival kiosks that aren’t great at least IMO. I will also say Mythos while hit or miss lately for me also has a tasty spanakopita dip, but for every dip you have a Cafe 4, Captain America Diner, Twisted Tater, etc.

Perhaps I just have too high of expectations though lol 😅

Seriously, some of the food I’ve gotten at MK and Epcot (not most, just some) has been, in my opinion, awful.
MK’s decent dining experiences are just Crystal Palace, Skipper’s Canteen, Columbia Harbor House, Sleepy Hollow. Have yet to dine at Plaza Inn, but everything else in the park can have varying quality.

WDW wise if isn’t inside Animal Kingdom, a sit down at a resort, or a select few at Disney Springs can be a lot of misses and misfires. Just feels more apparent at Universal Parks (in Florida at least) due to a lack of diverse options.

I’ve only had one disappointing food experience at UOR so far. That’s spread over about a dozen trips each to the two resorts over the past several months.
Citywalk has a lot of nice offerings (Bob Marley, Breadbox, Antojitos) and some that simply dont do it to me either due to poor service or quality (Toothsomes , Cowfish, NBC Grill)

I am glad that you have been having more positive experiences than I though! I’m hoping to work an Orlando Informer event, and if I’m lucky will be able to try some things from the locations I’ve yet to try!

Centauri Space Station

I haven’t actually tried it but this vlog came on today (Mammoth Club) and the food looks pretty legit for a festival. They also genuinely sound like they know food.
They are good and pretty unbiased, if they dislike something they will say it. Festival of the Arts is also the most unique festival which gets more creativity for food option.

brb1006

I've recently came across an animatic for an animated series starring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit called "Oswald The Lucky Rabbit The Series". It was for an episode titled "Footless & Fancy Free" but has no audio (circa November 2014).

The series was developed by Matt Danner and helmed by the now defunct Disney Digital Network Animation unit who brought Legend Of The Three Caballeros. The series was in development between 2014 till 2021, and was pitched to Disney around 2019 for Disney+. However, Disney quickly vetoed the pitch and considered Oswald off-limits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom