The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

DrAlice

I guess my question then is (rhetorically) what is it about Tennessee specifically that's drawing people? Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of nice things there, but...just seems odd to me.

Like, Dollywood's good and all, but it's not that good.

Memphis has some cool attractions, but when you leave those attractions it's a dump.

Nashville is pretty nice I suppose. And I guess hills and trees are pretty (though California also has those). I guess cheaper cost of living, but why just Tennessee? Why not a more even spread around the South?

I mean, I know that there are lots of parts of the South that kind of suck (and I wouldn't even call Tennessee entirely immune from that either; perhaps not as bad as other places, but still), so maybe that's why. But to me it's just weird, particularly if it's enough of a pattern for In-N-Out to be expanding there over other places that make more sense on paper.
I can't answer that generally. In my family, one moved because she loves Nashville and got a job there. She convinced the other two to join her. They like the music scene and the lower cost of living and the climate was only a minor change (Hot and humid yes, but no snow).

For the record, I've never been there. I can just report what their reasons were.

truecoat

I can't answer that generally. In my family, one moved because she loves Nashville and got a job there. She convinced the other two to join her. They like the music scene and the lower cost of living and the climate was only a minor change (Hot and humid yes, but no snow).

For the record, I've never been there. I can just report what their reasons were.

Maybe it's that Tennessee is closer to the middle in quality of life rankings compared to a bunch of the other states in the south.
The headers for those numbers are health care, education, economy, infrastructure, opportunity, fiscal stability, crime and corrections, and natural environment out of the 50 states.
QofL states.jpg

BuzzedPotatoHead89

We’re at Super Nintendo Land. Been here for the last three + hours. Quick Review…

Mario Kart Ride: B-
Super Nintendo World: A-
Mini Games: C
Bowser Jr Boss Game: A
Toads Cafe: B+
Food @ Toads Cafe: D
Just curious… what did you order at Toads? And looking forward to your more in depth review.

Contemplating going later this week myself.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just curious… what did you order at Toads? And looking forward to your more in depth review.

Contemplating going later this week myself.

We had the Child’s meal (burger), the Mario Mushroom burger, Tiramisu and Matcha Italian cookie cake. The kids meal is fine for kids I guess. My burger was pretty bad. The flavor of the meat reminded me of my elementary school cafeteria. The truffle crinkle cut fries were good. The Tiramisu didn’t have enough espresso flavor coming thru. The other dessert was a little too sweet but good.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

We had the Child’s meal (burger), the Mario Mushroom burger, Tiramisu and Matcha Italian cookie cake. The kids meal is fine for kids I guess. My burger was pretty bad. The flavor of the meat reminded me of my elementary school cafeteria. The truffle crinkle cut fries were good. The Tiramisu didn’t have enough espresso flavor coming thru. The other dessert was a little too sweet but good.

Ahh, your mistake was getting a burger. Should have gone for the spicy spaghetti, which I've seen great reviews for ;)

mickEblu

Original Poster

Lol. I’m really not that snobby. I’m good at judging something for what it is. I eat at some places my family would turn their nose up at… like Andre’s. A classic Los Angeles cafeteria across the street from Farmers Market/ the Grove that serves “Italian” food. Honestly, their meat sauce spaghetti, garlic bread and salad with whatever the white dressing is just works.

Californian Elitist

Lol. I’m really not that snobby. I’m good at judging something for what it is. I eat at some places my family would turn their nose up at… like Andre’s. A classic Los Angeles cafeteria across the street from Farmers Market/ the Grove that serves “Italian” food. Honestly, their meat sauce spaghetti, garlic bread and salad with whatever the white dressing is just works.
RIP Andre’s. That was one of my childhood staples.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yep, it’s officially closed! Broke my heart when my mom told me. They’re building apartments in that location. Boooooo.

I’ll have to check out Grande Italiani, for sure. Thanks for mentioning it.

Yeah you should go. It doesn’t have the classic old school vibes unfortunately but it has a certain charm to it for being a new spot. They opened up about 2-3 years ago. It’s a huge restaurant. It’s always empty though so it doesn’t have that lived in hectic feel that Andres had. I think they do a lot of catering/ Take out. They must to pay that rent. It’s literally the same food/ menu though. I think it’s either the same owner or the Brother or whoever owned Andres.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom