The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Brer Oswald

I agree. The lack of maintenance is something I have heard continuously from folks here, but until you see it for yourself, you can’t really grasp how severe it is. I never saw a custodial CM once during my visit, for example, which I found strange. Maybe they were understaffed when I went.

It doesn’t help that I’m a previous CM and, therefore, things like random trash and maintenance issues stand out to me more. To be fair, it was one day, so maybe I caught things at a random bad time.
I don’t think it was just an off day. I went to the parks for multiple days two weeks ago and noticed trash and dirt in many of the ride vehicles. Trash cans were overflowing, several washroom sinks not working, Monorails were super dirty etc. I even noticed that multiple Splash Mountain logs had their lap bars covered with black mold (and yeah, I get that it’s closing, but they’re going to reuse those logs, so I really don’t think cleaning them for the sake of public health is a wasted effort).

Californian Elitist

I don’t think it was just an off day. I went to the parks for multiple days two weeks ago and noticed trash and dirt in many of the ride vehicles. Trash cans were overflowing, several washroom sinks not working, Monorails were super dirty etc. I even noticed that multiple Splash Mountain logs had their lap bars covered with black mold (and yeah, I get that it’s closing, but they’re going to reuse those logs, so I really don’t think cleaning them for the sake of public health is a wasted effort).
Black mold??? Did you report this to City Hall? This is really a sincere and legitimate thing to make a complaint about. That is putting guests’ health at risk.

D.Silentu

Recently someone said that a programming error was found in Rise, which caused the canon scene to be as troublesome as it has been. Can't recall who said this however.

Dear Prudence

I was there several days a few months ago, and there were places where the “Magic” just vanished in grunge and neglect.

For me, the most sad, repulsive, and baffling thing was the entry experience to the TTC for anyone parking at MK…

I’m talking about the walkway underpass between parking and security— The Avenue of Chewed Gum. It’s not a good first impression. Or last impression at the end of the day.

Other lowlights were the condition of CoP, PeopleMover, Tomorrowland Speedway, Little Mermaid, Pirates, Small World, and ESPECIALLY Splash, which was the most dismal ride experience I think I’ve ever had at a Disney park.
THIS.

180º

I mentioned that I saw them in A mode- but I meant a few years ago, not recently.

Wow lol. Because of the way you phrased that post and the fact you had just went to DL I assumed you meant it was working now. I had also recently read that they had figured out the problem. Too bad.
If I may stir the pot, this recent video caught the ride vehicles moving in their A-mode profile even though the cannons remained immobile. Go to 17:50 and watch as the RVs creep forward and pause for the guns to move before continuing on. In true B-mode, the vehicles overshoot, then lurch backwards, then move forward again. Maybe a sign of some 3rd shift tinkering?

PiratesMansion

If I may stir the pot, this recent video caught the ride vehicles moving in their A-mode profile even though the cannons remained immobile. Go to 17:50 and watch as the RVs creep forward and pause for the guns to move before continuing on. In true B-mode, the vehicles overshoot, then lurch backwards, then move forward again. Maybe a sign of some 3rd shift tinkering?

Given that the ride still closes early for no reason, they may as well do some 3rd shift tinkering.

BrianLo

Figured you guys would enjoy this.

70E39544-56DD-4C2B-95AC-CBA49878D02C.jpeg
A5CA8FB4-80CA-4DB9-9651-DDD38FE9FA29.jpeg
68B3566A-4E6A-4AA0-B628-ED19567EEDF8.jpeg
47F1E40C-66D2-4802-998F-9C5A5396F785.jpeg
7AC39370-F1AB-4B2F-A4AF-6FD5AF78A539.jpeg

BrianLo

Stunning! Hoping to quickly stop by Switzerland in May during my Milan trip.

Are you there now?

Yup! Skiing.

It's certainly a very wish fulfillment type of feeling being here.

If the weather allows I'll go down the Italy side over the next few days (and take another 1 million photos of the Matterhorn), but I'm heading to two more ski resorts afterwards as well.

Californian Elitist

Yup! Skiing.

It's certainly a very wish fulfillment type of feeling being here.

If the weather allows I'll go down the Italy side over the next few days (and take another 1 million photos of the Matterhorn), but I'm heading to two more ski resorts afterwards as well.
Sounds like you’re having a great time. I’m jealous, for sure. I’ve been trying to get to Switzerland for several years now.

Enjoy your trip! Stay safe.

PiratesMansion

Lots of Californians have moved to Nashville. There are 3 in my family alone. :D
I guess my question then is (rhetorically) what is it about Tennessee specifically that's drawing people? Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of nice things there, but...just seems odd to me.

Like, Dollywood's good and all, but it's not that good.

Memphis has some cool attractions, but when you leave those attractions it's a dump.

Nashville is pretty nice I suppose. And I guess hills and trees are pretty (though California also has those). I guess cheaper cost of living, but why just Tennessee? Why not a more even spread around the South?

I mean, I know that there are lots of parts of the South that kind of suck (and I wouldn't even call Tennessee entirely immune from that either; perhaps not as bad as other places, but still), so maybe that's why. But to me it's just weird, particularly if it's enough of a pattern for In-N-Out to be expanding there over other places that make more sense on paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom