Entertainment News

jrhwdw

Obviously no major staging/choreo changes yet but it’s nice to see them allowing them to atleast touch now.
Yeah we're halfway there!!! I still want the reg
Royal Court Finale and the Kiss! Mickey/Minnie have been kissing in FOF....

As for BATB, it's a small but great start! There's still work to do....

1 other thing....which may be nothing... Looks like MDE re did its Schedule Page and it now shows Citizens of both Hollywood and Main Street along with the Trolley Show. Granted, it says its Temp Unavailable but I'm pretty sure those offerings weren't even on MDE before Easter...

mm52200

Yeah we're halfway there!!! I still want the reg
Royal Court Finale and the Kiss! Mickey/Minnie have been kissing in FOF....

As for BATB, it's a small but great start! There's still work to do....

1 other thing....which may be nothing... Looks like MDE re did its Schedule Page and it now shows Citizens of both Hollywood and Main Street along with the Trolley Show. Granted, it says its Temp Unavailable but I'm pretty sure those offerings weren't even on MDE before Easter...
They never left MDX or the WDW website. None of those offerings have officially closed but things are pretty quiet currently about them returning.

Anteater

Glad to see it, but also this show needs to end 15 years ago.

And that’s the truth.
We're VERY HAPPY to see it return to precovid version. Maybe because we don't visit the part as much as others, BatB show is always on our MUST DO list. I mean, that clip demonstrates it clearly:
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

We get all choked up hearing that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Comments from Josh D'Amaro about entertainment in the parks -

"Denice Preskitt from MouseSteps.com asked if specific entertainment like the citizens of MainStreet U.S.A. and the Red Car Trolly News Boys would be returning. While D’Amaro didn’t say if those specific acts will be back, he did say they’re not slowing down on returning entertainment.

He also said he knows entertainment makes a difference and means a lot. He talked about how he recently watched the Disneyland Philharmonic band play in front of the castle at Disneyland, and how much watching them means to him, so he knows entertainment makes a theme park visit special.

D’Amaro said their objective is have all the entertainment that used to be at the parks return (plus more), although he did say not every act will necessarily return as it was before."

nickys

Premium Member

"Denice Preskitt from MouseSteps.com asked if specific entertainment like the citizens of MainStreet U.S.A. and the Red Car Trolly News Boys would be returning. While D’Amaro didn’t say if those specific acts will be back, he did say they’re not slowing down on returning entertainment.

He also said he knows entertainment makes a difference and means a lot. He talked about how he recently watched the Disneyland Philharmonic band play in front of the castle at Disneyland, and how much watching them means to him, so he knows entertainment makes a theme park visit special.

D’Amaro said their objective is have all the entertainment that used to be at the parks return (plus more), although he did say not every act will necessarily return as it was before."

I don’t want to get my hopes up. But this would be amazing.

On my recent long-awaited return trip (6 years thanks to a certain global event) I eally missed the entertainment. We saw the Dapper Dans and Casey’s pianist, and some of the Epcot acts (including the Storytellers). But I missed the Citizens of Hollywood. They brought the streets alive for me and without them the park seemed lifeless.

mattpeto

I'm generally optimistic, but feels like a lot of empty promises with that article.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster

On my recent long-awaited return trip (6 years thanks to a certain global event) I eally missed the entertainment. We saw the Dapper Dans and Casey’s pianist, and some of the Epcot acts (including the Storytellers). But I missed the Citizens of Hollywood. They brought the streets alive for me and without them the park seemed lifeless.
Same for me without Mulch, Sweat & Shears. This park seriously lacks in attractions and can use all of the help it can get. They need to bring back the Citizens of Hollywood and much more to fill up a day!!! Marie

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

We loved the Citizens of Hollywood and have even been interviewed by them a few times. Loads of fun! I hope that at least something along those lines comes back.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm generally optimistic, but feels like a lot of empty promises with that article.
Yes there really isn't any substance to it. These meetings between executives and bloggers are interesting to say the least. Not really sure what it achieves. It isn't like there are going to be any tough questions and hard hitting replies - otherwise media access for those outlets will be gone.

Rteetz

Yes there really isn't any substance to it. These meetings between executives and bloggers are interesting to say the least. Not really sure what it achieves. It isn't like there are going to be any tough questions and hard hitting replies - otherwise media access for those outlets will be gone.
It’s an image thing. Disney wants to appear to be changing and doing things for guests and all that.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Mulch, Sweat & Shears was our favorite group there, right up there with Off Kilter.
I still see quite a few of the members of MS & S but they are in individual projects. Check out Alberta Bound/Southbound/Audio Exchange for CC the bass player/vocalist, The M-80's /The Spazmatics/ Command Performance in the UK Pavilion in EPCOT, and Im sure I missed one or two have Paul, the guitarist and Matt the drummer from Mulch. Still they were the best in the one group together!!! Always a rockin' good time.
Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom