News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Sorcerer Mickey

It's a positive that they intend to eventually expand into this gap north of BTMRR, even if this "announcement" is just brainstorming. An old southwest/Spanish theme would work as an extension of Frontierland. Using elements from Coco, Encanto, Salads Amigos, Three Caballeros, Home on the Range, and even Apple Dumpling Gang would be fun. I just hope they don't make it all about one film...

Disney: Yes, but have you seen Moana?

ToTBellHop

I've been once and fell asleep. Of course I was already exhausted that day but it was still pretty.... meh.
I think it is a situation where people who love it have loved it for decades but it isn’t getting too many new fans.

And this tells me it won’t be there in 20 years. Unlike Jungle Cruise, they haven’t been able to modernize The Country Bears very well.

_caleb

I think it is a situation where people who love it have loved it for decades but it isn’t getting too many new fans.

And this tells me it won’t be there in 20 years. Unlike Jungle Cruise, they haven’t been able to modernize The Country Bears very well.
Obviously you're not familiar with Disney's 2002 hit musical comedy, The Country Bears, starring Christopher Walken, Diedrich Bader, and Haley Joel Osment.

the-country-bears-jamming.gif

Andrew25

Filling in a few extra seats would not appreciably help improve anything. If anything, you you would make things worse because you would create crowding in the area and remove an offering that was previously available as desired. Parks need slack capacity that is generally available, not just as something extra to just fill in part of a day but to help handle overflow when capacity is temporarily lost.

Well aware of the capacity issues that plague theme parks. No insight into the actual numbers, but I'm willing to bet that a majority of park guests are not interested whatsoever in Country Bear Jamboree and a lot of the show's capacity is gone to waste. Replace it with an IP show and I can guarantee the capacity utilization will go up.

I can guarantee you overlay it with Toy Story or some other character and it'll draw much more of the "general public" inside.

ToTBellHop

Well aware of the capacity issues that plague theme parks. No insight into the actual numbers, but I'm willing to bet that a majority of park guests are not interested whatsoever in Country Bear Jamboree and a lot of the show's capacity is gone to waste. Replace it with an IP show and I can guarantee the capacity utilization will go up.

I can guarantee you overlay it with Toy Story or some other character and it'll draw much more of the "general public" inside.
A Woody’s Roundup variety show could be very popular.

Bocabear

PLEASE! no more Toy Story... they have done enough with that franchise. Having seasonal changeouts in the show like the Vacation Hoedown was a great idea and was fun to see a little change up...I also think it drove attendance. If it was known there would be several changes throughout the year, I think attendance would indeed go up.
Country Bear Jamboree is a small (relatively) footprint and a charming original attraction at the park...it could use some love, not an eviction...I guarantee you if they did oust them, that theater would sit vacant for a decade or more, or possibly become a pin trading station.

Andrew25

PLEASE! no more Toy Story... they have done enough with that franchise. Having seasonal changeouts in the show like the Vacation Hoedown was a great idea and was fun to see a little change up...I also think it drove attendance. If it was known there would be several changes throughout the year, I think attendance would indeed go up.
Country Bear Jamboree is a small (relatively) footprint and a charming original attraction at the park...it could use some love, not an eviction...I guarantee you if they did oust them, that theater would sit vacant for a decade or more, or possibly become a pin trading station.

Honestly would prefer a dedicated egg roll quick service here over the Country Bear Jamboree.

Bocabear

Honestly would prefer a dedicated egg roll quick service here over the Country Bear Jamboree.
and replies like this are why we are losing attractions...
by all means have a dedicated egg roll quick service, but no need to attach that sentiment to removing an attraction...
now someone at TDO is saying... Hmmm people really would rather have an eggroll than any sort of attraction...so maybe we should close Country Bear Jamboree and add an additional Egg Roll cart...

Andrew25

and replies like this are why we are losing attractions...
by all means have a dedicated egg roll quick service, but no need to attach that sentiment to removing an attraction...
now someone at TDO is saying... Hmmm people really would rather have an eggroll than any sort of attraction...so maybe we should close Country Bear Jamboree and add an additional Egg Roll cart...

I'm obviously joking. You can see by my posts in this forum and others that the parks are in need of desperate capacity.

lazyboy97o

The theater cannot in any way support the majority of park guests wanting to see the show. It’s just not that big. The show isn’t playing to an empty house. The length of the show was even even reduced a few years ago to decrease cycle time and increase capacity. It is not a place where there is significant underutilized capacity.

It’s a bit counter intuitive but with theater shows that don’t have assigned seating you actually do want some empty seats in the theater. People don’t efficiently sort themselves to the theaters seating layout. By having empty seats you’re able to reduce load time because you can open the doors, let people in for a minute or two and then start the show. Trying to fill every seat means you have to stop and move people around. Then, in the case of something Country Bear Jamboree, having demand that is greater than the capacity of a cycle means you now need to find queue space, which can only be done by taking up space outside the attraction. A queue is more efficient than a general walkway but this area in particular is not going to be well served by further cluttering the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom