News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

fgmnt

I can't imagine anything interesting to come from an attraction relying on the characters, story, or world of Tangled. Despite the IP edict and the institutional rot of WDI and P&R, they are still in the business of creating immersive themed experiences and maximizing the money. I don't think they could come up with anything that would transcend a book report ride for that, and they already have a book report ride for a European princess fairytale--one that lends itself to a more interesting environment than generic medieval European forest. It would be an inefficient investment of time and money.

All of the wishcasting of what a Valley of Villains might become might be just that, but it more easily lends itself to something unique and interesting.

doctornick

I can't imagine anything interesting to come from an attraction relying on the characters, story, or world of Tangled. Despite the IP edict and the institutional rot of WDI and P&R, they are still in the business of creating immersive themed experiences and maximizing the money. I don't think they could come up with anything that would transcend a book report ride for that, and they already have a book report ride for a European princess fairytale--one that lends itself to a more interesting environment than generic medieval European forest. It would be an inefficient investment of time and money.

I guess we'll see what they come up with for Tokyo. I think Tangled certainly could have pretty cool ride adapted from the source material.

Touchdown

Tangled would make for a great flume ride. It’s got to have water at some point in it because it’s signature moment the ride absolutely needs to replicate is At Last I See The Light, just change the dam failing to before the bar scene (first drop) so that the bar (I have a dream) can be flooded and make up some harbor lift to get people into the now flooded dungeons for the climax drop with Gothel Eugene and Rapunzel fighting in the dungeons instead of the tower.

SpectreJordan

I think you’d only get two rides since that’s what modern Disney does with new lands. 🙄

But given the huge amount of options, you could easily have a fully fleshed out land with multiple attractions for this theme. Honestly I’d rather they put it at DHS which could use multiple new attractions but that’s a separate issue. Should be one major ride like the Bald Mountain concept, at least one smaller ride (like a FL style dark ride) then at least a flat ride or AA show or walk through (or all of the above). Plus definitely would need a M&G venue which could rotate people over time given the options.
Honestly, I think a Villains Land fits in perfectly at Magic Kingdom & would feel odd in Hollywood Studios.

HS has sort of become the "Stuff Disney's bought" park under the guise of representing big IPs from Hollywood's history. A villain land would feel weird there, but it'd be right at home next to Fantasyland.

FettFan

I'm just grateful milf still exists,

Trying Not To Laugh Social Media GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Talking to a few of my friends in Imagineering, I get the sense that they are currently very, very busy on an unannounced/unconfirmed project.

Not sure if it's this one, but they seem to be cooking up something exciting over at Imagineering.
That wouldn’t be a rushed cya/damage control move, would it?

I hope there’s extra room on the shelves for it after announcement and cancellation

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Imagine being at Imagineering producing great concepts that will likely never see the light if day, and then you have Universal Creative that have two theme parks in the works.
Rumblings of a major retrofit in studios to follow based on those parks too…

Skinny jeans is gonna find Bart Simpson naked in a ditch across from hotel plaza boulevard in a couple of years after a 3 day bender

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom