News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"Revenues were higher due to higher prices on tickets, food and beverage, and merchandise". They don't get more detailed than that, because then the consumers know what's behind the curtain. Hell, go read the quarterly and annual reports for the past 10 years, and you'll find verbiage similar to that in nearly every one, except for pandemic quarterlies.
Bingo!!!

That is not a sustainable “growth” strategy in a world with economics in play

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hate to be that guy (I’m lying 🤞🏻)…

But the absolute worst case scenario is Bobby recalculated and is eyeing another expedited exit.

Wha?
I’ll elaborate.
He’s sucks, he’s an egomaniac…but keeping him has its advantages. Notably stability and the appearance of “fixing it”
He’s gotta do something.

But what if now he’s in ego repair Mode and he simply wants to get SOME of the stock losses back to claim victory and depart?

And who would take over then?

Yep…cruella. And ego score for Bobby.

And they will be worse shape 2 years from now.

We’ll be holding our 2028 PML barbecue/mixer at the Comcast kiddie park…or the Carnival Victory

No option to upgrade to Royal or Norwegian??

I have serious doubts anyone but Christine becomes the next CEO. And she'll continue down the same path Iger established and $lappie got the boot for following. This company needs someone running the company ala Eisner/Wells in the mid-to-late 80's, not a near-70-year-old current CFO with no running mate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see both. Regardless of how you rationalize it, it still has the same end result though when it comes to guest facing impacts.

The FS are high level reporting that never get into or detail what impacts guests and operations. So when you're wondering why that bottle of water is now $5 or the $750/night room has housekeeping every other day, I'm sure that the explanation given on a carefully orchestrated quarterly call will address it.
The quarterlies provide no insight into the parks segment…they never have

The annual reports provide one factoid that is near always ignored in the wash.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No option to upgrade to Royal or Norwegian??

I have serious doubts anyone but Christine becomes the next CEO. And she'll continue down the same path Iger established and $lappie got the boot for following. This company needs someone running the company ala Eisner/Wells in the mid-to-late 80's, not a near-70-year-old current CFO with no running mate.
She’s not young…I’m holding out hope that’s a disqualifier.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still don't understand all the angst over reservations... I get it's a big change from before, but it makes sense to me.

🤷‍♂️
It’s a bridge too far on “planned fun”

It’s a direct link to paid line spots, Annual pass suspension/price increases/restrictions, it interferes with booking food, resort time, etc.

It’s a figurehead of an operation that has lost its way…more than anything.

UNCgolf

I still don't understand all the angst over reservations... I get it's a big change from before, but it makes sense to me.

🤷‍♂️

I don't care that much about reservations, but I absolutely hate the park hopping restrictions -- not sure I'll return until they're eliminated, or at least pushed 2-3 hours earlier.

Unlimited hopping makes the reservations less useful for Disney, which may be why they haven't eliminated the restriction, although it's not like every guest (or even the majority) has hopper tickets.

MadderAdder

It’s a bridge too far on “planned fun”

It’s a direct link to paid line spots, Annual pass suspension/price increases/restrictions, it interferes with booking food, resort time, etc.

It’s a figurehead of an operation that has lost its way…more than anything.
But if you’re booking restaurant reservations isn’t that a soft park reservation? I don’t think park reservations are the biggest issue here. 🤷‍♀️

Disney Analyst

I don't care that much about reservations, but I absolutely hate the park hopping restrictions -- not sure I'll return until they're eliminated, or at least pushed 2-3 hours earlier.

Unlimited hopping makes the reservations less useful for Disney, which may be why they haven't eliminated the restriction, although it's not like every guest (or even the majority) has hopper tickets.

I think Disneyland has a good balance with the new 11am rule.

nickys

Premium Member

🤷‍♂️
On our recent trip my youngest kept on hopping over to Epcot & DHS to ride TT and Smuggler’s Run using the single rider line.

On our last day he wanted to do that again, but we couldn’t switch his MK reservation for either. We tried the night before and again in the morning. I think it was because the AP blackouts were lifted that day (Jan 3rd).

I felt so bad he couldn’t do them one more time. I just wish he could have gone over early, ridden them and come back to join us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But if you’re booking restaurant reservations isn’t that a soft park reservation? I don’t think park reservations are the biggest issue here. 🤷‍♀️
If you look at it that way…yes

But look at it the opposite: I can’t get a “reservation” to studios so I can’t go to brown derby at 11 before it gets stifling hot

Nothing would hypothetically tick me off more than that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On our recent trip my youngest kept on hopping over to Epcot & DHS to ride TT and Smuggler’s Run using the single rider line.

On our last day he wanted to do that again, but we couldn’t switch his MK reservation for either. We tried the night before and again in the morning. I think it was because the AP blackouts were lifted that day (Jan 3rd).

I felt so bad he couldn’t do them one more time. I just wish he could have gone over early, ridden them and come back to join us.
Hey what the hell? I was around…you couldn’t meet up and do a couple of dozen Jell-O shots with me??

That’s cold

Drdcm

🤷‍♂️
For me it’s because I will come to FL to visit my parents. We’ll decide to go to Disney for a day trip and try to pick a day based on the weather that week, and then can’t because it’s sold out. This has happened several times.

MadderAdder

For me it’s because I will come to FL to visit my parents. We’ll decide to go to Disney for a day trip and try to pick a day based on the weather that week, and then can’t because it’s sold out. This has happened several times.
Gotcha. That is frustrating. I’m sorry!

MadderAdder

They are leaving money on the table, DHS fills up the fastest and has crappy food. Epcot is a short walk/boat ride/skyliner ride away with good food and higher capacity. I want my DHS mornings with Epcot festival lunches back darn it!
I love that plan. I haven’t considered that. That does suck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom