News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Nobody needs to look up what “bag man” means in the definition today…
…there’s a transcript of it now.

Yep. That whole thing reeks of someone who is clueless about the parks, spoken like someone who reads about trendy things but has never spent a day in his life doing the jobs of those who report to him. The CEO of the company I used to work for said similar things - "We need to take time and reflect...", "I often spend time reflecting on...". It's pure 🐄💩 then, it's pure 🐄💩 now.

Drdcm

I mean, is this really news? We all knew that reservations were going to stay in some form, at least for APs.
I’m a bit surprised. I expect it provides minimal cost savings for them and have never bought the idea that it’s done to improve guest experience.

It all seems to be financially driven, and I don’t see them wanting to exclude anyone who would be willing to pay full price for entry. Their clear dislike of “legacy fans” had me convinced that the reservations would stay for APs though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m a bit surprised. I expect it provides minimal cost savings for them and have never bought the idea that it’s done to improve guest experience.

It all seems to be financially driven, and I don’t see them wanting to exclude anyone who would be willing to pay full price for entry. Their clear dislike of “legacy fans” had me convinced that the reservations would stay for APs though.
Full control of labor allocation is a desire that predates dak…and mad cow

They’ll do everything possible to keep it while convincing you that it’s at YOUR request

Drdcm

I thought he was canned when the news about slap broke…
…roll tape.

It’s a matter of time. Chrissy too
So around when Iger left, I told my wife he was coming back. My impression of him has always been that he is a sociopath. He seeps fake empathy… (same with Josh for that mater). He basically jumped ship when the outlook didn’t look good in order to save face. He knowingly chose someone who would be incompetent so he could swing in after the waters calmed and pretend he was saving the day. As for Chrissy, the writing was on the wall. Her so called coup is probably just a pathetic attempt to win favor from Iger to protect her job.

FYI I’m a psychiatrist and I specialize in criminality and personality disorders. While he’s not my patient, it’s just the vibe I get.

Joel

Disney fans are excited because now AP Holders don't need park reservations after 2 PM on weekdays...

Meanwhile, Universal just announced another theme park.

Kudos to Comcast for being vicious in controlling the news cycle.
It's important to keep in mind, though, that Universal is no threat whatsoever and never ever will be. We know this to be true because we've never heard Disney execs publicly state otherwise.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yep. That whole thing reeks of someone who is clueless about the parks, spoken like someone who reads about trendy things but has never spent a day in his life doing the jobs of those who report to him. The CEO of the company I used to work for said similar things - "We need to take time and reflect...", "I often spend time reflecting on...". It's pure 🐄💩 then, it's pure 🐄💩 now.
This is the typical Disney PR M.O.

They know that they will never get a hard question or any follow up, so just focus on the fluff. Josh isn't any sort of genius, he's like every other exec at Disney, just another suit hoping to make it through the next quarter.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
though, that Universal is no threat whatsoever and never ever will be. We know this to be true because we've never heard Disney execs publicly state otherwise.
Universal is a tremendous threat to Disney.

Uni doesn't need to be bigger than Disney, they need to be just big enough to take that small number of guests that determine whether Disney Parks make or loose money.

Disney needs to operate at max in order to work. There is little room for error, I mean you see the carnage that results when park numbers don't meet expectations at the end of quarters. Can you imagine now permanently loosing that? Especially with a tired product with a reputation that is consistently getting a bad rap in the main stream press and on social media?

ToTBellHop

Uni doesn't need to be bigger than Disney, they need to be just big enough to take that small number of guests that determine whether Disney Parks make or loose money.

Disney needs to operate at max in order to work. There is little room for error, I mean you see the carnage that results when park numbers don't meet expectations at the end of quarters. Can you imagine now permanently loosing that? Especially with a tired product with a reputation that is consistently getting a bad rap in the main stream press and on social media?
A toddler park in Texas and a haunted house in Vegas are not an issue, though. Epic Universe certainly is. Most won’t skip Disney, but if they skip Epcot to go to Epic Universe, that costs Disney money. They need to be worried that people will just go to MK (keeping it overcrowded) while abandoning the other parks for other attractions in Central Florida.

EPCOT-O.G.

Minions: The Rise of Gru made almost a billion during with a pandemic release (when most kids films were hit and miss). They have Nintendo. They have Harry Potter. They’ve more deftly handled the cultural and political issues that recently bedeviled Disney. And they’re behaving confidently, aggressively expanding at a time Disney feels fine sticking with the status quo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disney parks were making record revenue every quarter when allowed to re-open. There are most definitely *not* on razor thin margins.

And Disney is keeping crowd control measures in place either with date-of-attendance tickets or the park reservation system. D'Amaro just doubled down in an interview on the reservation system to keep crowds in check.

MK is beating guests back with multiple sticks because it's that popular.

If IoA, USF, Volcano Bay, and SeaWorld have not stopped WDW's continued growth, then one more park with 12 rides ain't going to do it either.

I do want EU to be successful. But its success won't hurt WDW.

ToTBellHop

Disney parks were making record revenue every quarter when allowed to re-open. There are most definitely *not* on razor thin margins.

And Disney is keeping crowd control measures in place either with date-of-attendance tickets or the park reservation system. D'Amaro just doubled down in an interview on the reservation system to keep crowds in check.

MK is beating guests back with multiple sticks because it's that popular.

If IoA, USF, Volcano Bay, and SeaWorld have not stopped WDW's continued growth, then one more park with 12 rides ain't going to do it either.

I do want EU to be successful. But its success won't hurt WDW.
From what I’ve heard, 2023 bookings are softer than they’d like. The new guest protocol updates and improvements coming in early April will presumably help.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So around when Iger left, I told my wife he was coming back. My impression of him has always been that he is a sociopath. He seeps fake empathy… (same with Josh for that mater). He basically jumped ship when the outlook didn’t look good in order to save face. He knowingly chose someone who would be incompetent so he could swing in after the waters calmed and pretend he was saving the day. As for Chrissy, the writing was on the wall. Her so called coup is probably just a pathetic attempt to win favor from Iger to protect her job.

FYI I’m a psychiatrist and I specialize in criminality and personality disorders. While he’s not my patient, it’s just the vibe I get.
“Empty suit”

-Michael D Eisner on Robert A. Iger

RSoxNo1

It's important to keep in mind, though, that Universal is no threat whatsoever and never ever will be. We know this to be true because we've never heard Disney execs publicly state otherwise.
As the late Bruce Vaughn said: "Bring it on!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom