News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Disstevefan1

In 2019 I went to all four parks in one day to ride all the big rides. We did FoP at rope drop, went straight to Hollywood Studios and did ToT, RnrC, and Slinky Dog, went to EPCOT for Soarin and Test Track, then spent the evening at Magic Kingdom for fireworks and the mountains. We did that because we could be spontaneous and planned it the night before. We used fast passes and waited in zero lines during the summer crowds. This would be nearly impossible today.
I get it, Disney wants to charge for front of the line access, but they should have kept the exact same FastPass+ system and rebrand it to Genie+ and just start charging for it.

Cliff

Well?...yes, the Disney reservation is very frustrating for their customers. I think we can all agree on that. However, the shining light is that we can always go to Universal which is not afflicted with this reservation system.

Universal's new park looks to be pretty exciting and I see them really giving Disney VERY strong competition these days. (Much...MUCH more then they ever used to)

When Disney makes it hard on is, its good to know that their competition welcomes us with open arms on any day. ;-)

Keep it up Disney!...just keep doing exactly what you are doing.

Last edited:

JD80

It’s actually impossible. 1000%

And that is Bob Iger. He decided to use the natural growth in travel over the last 20 years as a reason to increase prices and resell tickets in a block pricing system. Him. Not chapek.

The truth should have it’s day and frankly ALL days.

A big problem is some ardent defenders would tell you someone like “you can do it…you just get a VIP tour guide…”

Right…$4100 for a jockey to ride 42 year old big thunder mountain…
Especially if you’re loyal and have spent decades patronizing the parks - which is the backbone of all Disney park attendance and a segment they absolutely will never be able to turn profit without. It’s the foundation.

Right.

I did this to some degree in July and I had lunch at Sanaa and went to the pool for an hour.

So not impossible.

JD80

I get it, Disney wants to charge for front of the line access, but they should have kept the exact same FastPass+ system and rebrand it to Genie+ and just start charging for it.

G+ is better that FP+ if all we are doing is measuring functionality for power users. Questionable for average users.

Purduevian

G+ is better that FP+ if all we are doing is measuring functionality for power users. Questionable for average users.
The biggest difference to me functionality wise is not being able to re-ride.
My wife was pregnant and we didn't have a lot of time on our last trip so it was ok, but AK and DHS have very little to offer
AK is just Navi and shows
DHS is just TSMM, MMRR and shows

Back in 2019 we managed to get re-rides on basically anything we wanted utilizing the modify feature

JD80

The biggest difference to me functionality wise is not being able to re-ride.
My wife was pregnant and we didn't have a lot of time on our last trip so it was ok, but AK and DHS have very little to offer
AK is just Navi and shows
DHS is just TSMM, MMRR and shows

Back in 2019 we managed to get re-rides on basically anything we wanted utilizing the modify feature

Fair point.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
At best you can redeem 2-3 G+ LL, with FP+ you could easily double your G+ redemptions. If you were a FP+ power user and just slammed the system looking for immediate FP+ availability you could do even better than that.

Purduevian

At best you can redeem 2-3 G+ LL, with FP+ you could easily double your G+ redemptions. If you were a FP+ power user and just slammed the system looking for immediate FP+ availability you could do even better than that.
Didn't quite hit all 4, but this past October I did the following:
Rope drop Remy, then rode Figment, Soarin(LL), Nemo, Guardians (VQ), fiesta tour, Frozen (LL), Festival booth lunch, SSE (LL)
Hopped to AK around 2:30 for Safari (LL), FotLK(LL), Navi (LL), Everest x2 (single rider)
Hopped to DHS for MMRR (LL), RnRC (LL), ToT (LL)
Hopped back to EPCOT for some late night food booths and Harmonious.

A lot can still be done and this was before the modify feature
I hit 9 this day...

Last edited:

monothingie

Premium Member
Sounds like you never used G+.
Sadly I've used G+ too much. The problem is, I'm not a rope dropper, I like to wander in late. G+ punishes guests who do this. FP+ allowed reservations to be better assigned depending on when YOU wanted to be in the parks. I could also almost guarantee with FP+ an immediate FP+ redemption for an E Ticket just by slamming the system, G+ does not offer that level of performance.

nickys

Premium Member

We managed 4 in around 3 hours on our arrival day - JC, Big Thunder, HM and Pirates.

4-5 was typical.

Disstevefan1

Didn't quite hit all 4, but this past February I did the following:
Rope drop Remy, then rode Figment, Soarin(LL), Nemo, Guardians (VQ), fiesta tour, Frozen (LL), Festival booth lunch, SSE (LL)
Hopped to AK around 2:30 for Safari (LL), FotLK(LL), Navi (LL), Everest x2 (single rider)
Hopped to DHS for MMRR (LL), RnRC (LL), ToT (LL)
Hopped back to EPCOT for some late night food booths and Harmonious.

A lot can still be done and this was before the modify feature
@Purduevian what was the date you did this?
And was it only you? Party of one?

nickys

Premium Member
Sadly I've used G+ too much. The problem is, I'm not a rope dropper, I like to wander in late. G+ punishes guests who do this. FP+ allowed reservations to be better assigned depending on when YOU wanted to be in the parks. I could also almost guarantee with FP+ an immediate FP+ redemption for an E Ticket just by slamming the system, G+ does not offer that level of performance.
Even better!
You can have 3 lined up before arriving in the park and then grab easy ones in quick succession.
If you only care about headliners then fair enough.

I don’t disagree with you about FP+, I still prefer it. But I made G+ work and without too much time on phones. Where I spent most time was on pushing times later! And sometimes I missed the crucial window and times jumped from noon to 6pm.

monothingie

Premium Member
About 12:10, just in time for the parade. I had JC and BTMR stacked and got HM at 12:30 Then got Pirates once we came off HM.
Order of riding was JC, HM, BTMR, Pirates.
Yeah, I'm more of a mid-late afternoon person. The only way you'll catch me in a park in the AM if the park has a 1AM close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom