News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

UNCgolf

She's almost certainly not going to be the next CEO.

Even if she somehow is, it will be for a short stint. She's in her mid-late 60s at the youngest (can't find her birthday anywhere but she's been working since 1981), and the next CEO won't take over until 2024. She's not someone who would take over and run the company for 15+ years like Iger and Eisner before him.

Sir_Cliff

What is she, 65-67!!! What the heck do you look like?

For the record, she's not unattractive, at all. The picture is funny but it's quite a stretch to actually make issue of her physical looks.
I mean, the picture is not even all that funny when it's not super zoomed in on her face. Honestly strange people are so fixated on it.

ChristineMcCarthy.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
An absolutely must-see from Christine McCarthy if you want to gauge her credentials and, if you must, her actual looks. The video circles around Disney+ without mentioning it since it wasn't out yet. It also shows that she's very aware of the need for good content and good creatives since it's the heart of what they sell. She's not just a bean-counter looking at short-term gains. [Keep in mind that YouTube allows playing videos at a faster speed.]

And an absolutely must-read (or -listen) regarding the 2-Bob Drama and C-Suite handicapping.

Skywise

Interesting.

I've heard reported (by female employees) it was for other reasons.

He is creative, no doubt and probably at his core, not a bad guy when the alcohol is out of reach but that doesn't excuse creating an inappropriate work enviroment either from a legal or moral standpoint.
Yeah, I saw a lot of gossip and slander and rumors but no criminal or civil charges.

Given the obvious Game of Thrones mentality in the Disney exec offices we've seen over the past 2 years, I think we can also entertain notions of backstabbing and power grabs by the other execs using dirty tricks.

Skywise

An absolutely must-see from Christine McCarthy if you want to gauge her credentials and, if you must, her actual looks. The video circles around Disney+ without mentioning it since it wasn't out yet. It also shows that she's very aware of the need for good content and good creatives since it's the heart of what they sell. She's not just a bean-counter looking at short-term gains. [Keep in mind that YouTube allows playing videos at a faster speed.]

And an absolutely must-read (or -listen) regarding the 2-Bob Drama and C-Suite handicapping.

Yeah - she also insinuated that many theme park customers were fat, too. Perfect candidate.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yeah - she also insinuated that many theme park customers were fat, too. Perfect candidate.

Don’t be so hard on Cruella Christine

Skywise

Saw a report on another site Iger is making comments on gun control. Regardless of what he said about it will they ever learn to just run Disney
Yeah - odd that he'd step right back into the political waters. This is the guy that had all the rubber band and fake guns removed from Walt Disney World parks a few years back (especially pirates of the caribbean). Guess light sabers are OK though...

Maybe he's trying to keep his presidential aspirations open...

DCLcruiser

Have you been to the parks? Food portion is large. Obesity and diabetes is a real problem in America, and WDW.

DCLcruiser

Plus if they cut portion sizes they can make more money......

That was her point, do you really want her calling the shots?
I mean, I’ve noticed portions getting smaller back home. Prices are going up, so if you make the portion smaller, it might cost almost the same vs skyrocketing in price. For some the price is more important than the portion.

And yes, just about the entire guest population could lose a few pounds. Especially after drinking around World Showcase and snacking at the Christmas kiosks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I'm in the parks now.

She ain't wrong.

There, now you can sabotage my run for Disney CEO with trotting out this tired complaint.

CaptainMickey

This is almost too perfect. Say what you want about Chapek the stooge, but Cruella McCarthy is truly the source of rot and wretchedness within the walls of The Walt Disney Company.
Fun Lol GIF by Disneyland Paris
I still think this cooperate photo does the best job at catching Cruella McCarthy's true personality

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom