Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

God it is in rough shape. Disney has generic 'music' playing in the queue and loading area (like something you'd buy on a CD from Kohl's).

I would be shocked if this is true. I couldn't find any Youtube videos with the queue from October, but this one from end of September has brief glimpses of the queue and the soundtrack is the same that it's been since '89.

mickEblu

I would be shocked if this is true. I couldn't find any Youtube videos with the queue from October, but this one from end of September has brief glimpses of the queue and the soundtrack is the same that it's been since '89.

If I had to guess the same thing that happened to me a few months ago happened to him. Just caught some unrecognizable part of the audio loop and jumped to conclusions because of the company wide assault on anything related to SotS.

Ghost93

If I had to guess the same thing that happened to me a few months ago happened to him. Just caught some unrecognizable part of the audio loop and jumped to conclusions because of the company wide assault on anything related to SotS.
I think the music loop is one of the more overt references to the live-action portions of Song of the South, as you hear instrumental versions of "Song of the South," "That's What Uncle Remus Said," "Sooner or Later" "Let the Rain Pour Down" and "All I Want."

Brer Panther

1. I highly doubt they'd keep the America Sings animatronics given their age and knowing current management they'd see them as a waste of time to refurbish when they can just add more screens and their beloved otter.

2. No Facillier. They probably would've mentioned him by now.
Yeah, I suspected as much for both of 'em.
I just feel that Facillier's Friends on the Other Side could be a great opportunity for cool projection mapping effects. It seems like a no-brainer to want to use them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the voodoo spirits showed up even if Facilier doesn't. Just have 'em mess with the riders for the heck of it as a replacement for the "Burrow's Lament" sequence like everyone's been suggesting.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
FfUhcIAXEAEQKy4.jpg

Three words: Ay-yi-yi

CaptinEO

Yeah, I suspected as much for both of 'em.

I wouldn't be surprised if the voodoo spirits showed up even if Facilier doesn't. Just have 'em mess with the riders for the heck of it as a replacement for the "Burrow's Lament" sequence like everyone's been suggesting.
I know the voo doo stuff is a big no for religious families and was controversial with the original film. I think it will not be in the ride.

Rich T

I know the voo doo stuff is a big no for religious families and was controversial with the original film. I think it will not be in the ride.
And yet millions of guests love Haunted Mansion, the Tiki gods, Chinese gods, Day of the Dead, Maleficent, The Evil Queen, Elsa’s ability to create life out of snow, pixies, fairies who live in stars, all kinds of black magic from every imaginable source, Merlin, Yensid, etc. etc. etc.

To rule out Voo Doo but be ok with…say… A park musical celebrating three witch sisters who want to kill children makes no sense whatsoever, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. And If this is a true reason for content avoidance, I guess Disney’s level of cowardice depends on which genius is in charge of making weird decisions at any given moment. There is no consistency at all. The number of people who would actually be upset by animated Voodoo spirits has got to be incredibly minute. Disney’s alienated far more religious extremists with other decisions they’ve made all through the company’s existence (Remember the ridiculous Lion King era “Disney is Anti-Christian” movement? All the conspiracy theories?)

And on an ironic note, don’t tell me Disney’s yet again theming a log flume to a movie with content they’re afraid will offend people?!?

Again… IF this is true.

mickEblu

And yet millions of guests love Haunted Mansion, the Tiki gods, Chinese gods, Day of the Dead, Maleficent, The Evil Queen, Elsa’s ability to create life out of snow, pixies, fairies who live in stars, all kinds of black magic from every imaginable source, Merlin, Yensid, etc. etc. etc.

To rule out Voo Doo but be ok with…say… A park musical celebrating three witch sisters who want to kill children makes no sense whatsoever, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. And If this is a true reason for content avoidance, I guess Disney’s level of cowardice depends on which genius is in charge of making weird decisions at any given moment. There is no consistency at all. The number of people who would actually be upset by animated Voodoo spirits has got to be incredibly minute. Disney’s alienated far more religious extremists with other decisions they’ve made all through the company’s existence (Remember the ridiculous Lion King era “Disney is Anti-Christian” movement? All the conspiracy theories?)

And on an ironic note, don’t tell me Disney’s yet again theming a log flume to a movie with content they’re afraid will offend people?!?

Again… IF this is true.

Sadly, it’s not surprising to me at all that the same people who re-did the “problematic” elements of the Jungle Cruise would choose to leave the voodoo stuff out. Especially considering the history of Splash Mountain and why it’s being rethemed in the first place. They re walking on egg shells right now when it comes to representation of Black people in the parks. For years all you really had were the indigenous people on the Jungle Cruise so to get rid of them and put in Tiana but also include the voodoo probably seems counterintuitive to them. I sure hope I’m wrong though and they re just saving him as a surprise. I don’t even 100% know what voodoo is or if it’s even bad. I just know how it’s been represented in the movies and that the perception of it is bad/ evil and that’s probably exactly what they re worried about and it’s ridiculous.

My first time seeing voodoo in the movies was Child’s Play in 1988.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Voodoo is a religion.
But the popularized and fictionalized version of Voodoo is not.

Christianity and St. Nicholas are a religion and an actual person who was a bishop of that religion. Christmas is a liturgical celebration of a theological tenet of that religion.

Santa and the elves are not a religion nor an actual person and people of a religion. The popularized and fictionalized stories of "St. Nick" are not a religion.

Many practicing Christians chafe at the popularized and fictionalized elements of Santa and Christmas, but the genie is out of the bottle. Telling malls (and Disney parks) to stop having Santa M&Gs because it's a fictionalized denigration of an actual religious practice and belief is going to go nowhere.

So, for all you actual practitioners of Voodoo/Voodou/Vudun.... welcome to our world!

mickEblu

After the drop we hear Jennifer Tilly apologize because she's trying to get Chucky to not be a murder after they had a kid... man the later Chucky movies are weird.

My friend and I from Junior High were huge Chucky fans. We were juniors in High School when Bride of Chucky came out and even though we had kind of lost touch we made a point to go see it together. We were so disappointed and confused at the new direction of the franchise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom