Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

Nubs70

My point is we're already paying for it. That money just isn't going where it's supposed to go.
The money is not already there for installation, operation, and maintenance of underground power distribution. Research the Scattergood power line in LA.

dreday3

...PRELIMINARY HIGHEST WIND GUST REPORTS FROM HURRICANE IAN...

Location Speed Time/Date Lat/Lon

...Florida...

...Orange County...
Orlando Intl Aiport 67 MPH 0735 AM 09/29 28.42N/81.33W
Reedy Lake 58 MPH 0326 AM 09/29 28.44N/81.63W
Maitland (WEATHERSTEM) 55 MPH 0630 AM 09/29 28.63N/81.36W
Windermere Preparatory Schoo 53 MPH 0430 AM 09/29 28.48N/81.57W
1.9 NW University Park (WEAT 52 MPH 0110 AM 09/29 28.59N/81.20W
Lake Nona 49 MPH 0145 AM 09/29 28.39N/81.18W
1.0 NW Eatonville (WEATHERST 46 MPH 0540 AM 09/29 28.63N/81.40W
0.8 N Sea World (WEATHERSTEM 45 MPH 0300 AM 09/29 28.42N/81.46W
Magic Kingdom 45 MPH 1220 AM 09/29 28.42N/81.57W
1 E Oak Ridge 45 MPH 0615 PM 09/28 28.47N/81.40W
Orlando 43 MPH 0130 AM 09/29 28.49N/81.27W
1 NW Doctor Phillips 41 MPH 0640 AM 09/29 28.46N/81.50W
Pine Hills 41 MPH 0634 AM 09/29 28.58N/81.46W
Winter Garden 40 MPH 0718 AM 09/29 28.52N/81.63W

...Osceola County...
Fswn Osceola Heritage Park 56 MPH 0200 AM 09/29 28.30N/81.37W
Kissimmee Orland 55 MPH 0653 AM 09/29 28.28N/81.43W
2.3 SE Intercession City (WE 54 MPH 1220 AM 09/29 28.23N/81.49W
St. Cloud 47 MPH 0116 AM 09/29 28.26N/81.14W
Saint Cloud 39 MPH 0120 AM 09/29 28.20N/81.28W

Okay, well those winds (in this area posted) definitely weren't too bad. Probably why not much wind damage, mostly flooding damage.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That is why my post focuses on the evacuations orders.. At that point turn the news off and start packing and preparing. It would be a different story if there was no order and you were affected like this.
No, you pack up and leave, but you keep the news on. You need to know what's ahead.

But if you're really smart, you pack up and leave the minute you realize you're in the danger zone... you don't wait for the government officials to announce a mandatory evacuation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No a hurricane is seen coming days ahead of time unlike a tornado. What I’m saying is too many sometimes focus on the cone and think all is well if the storm just follows the line in the middle not realizing how large and damaging these things are all around the “line”
I mean “like tornados” as in there is zero certainty…ever.

They only state that value 300 times an hour on the weather channel. Humans need to make better choices. That’s proven 300 times an hour too.

ceecee101

Thoughts with everyone in FL. Luckily it’s heading out but still dumping a ton of rain, especially between Daytona and St. Augustine. I’m in the upstate of SC and we already have sustained winds at 20mph and is supposed to increase throughout the day and over night. I just hope the water isn’t warm enough to strengthen it back up to a low cat 1 before it makes a 2nd landfall here in SC.
CNN meteorologist reporting it will reform to a Cat 1. check the NHC website.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
And all that water coming down the Peace is going to keep it high for a while, sorry you got hit again

We actually got extremely lucky. So we're thanking all our lucky stars. The Hurricaine passed right over our house, then the eye, then the stronger backside. But what we feared the most was that storm surge and it never came for us. I feel tremendously guilty feeling the relief I feel, watching the aftermath unfold just miles south.

We lost some bits of roof and our entire pool cage according to a neighbor. Same for our aunt's house a few doors down. Our other aunt's house had no apparent damage. But we're all safe, the houses aren't totaled, and we have so much to be grateful for. I don't know how we got so lucky.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Growing mistrust of science doesn’t help at all. People search for reasons to believe science is fake and ”feelings” are far more important.
100%…people don’t trust anyone that knows more than them about ANY subject.

Root problem cause.

And it’s sad that there is a public movement to encourage that. It leads to widespread failures.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
CNN meteorologist reporting it will reform to a Cat 1. check the NHC website.
Are you sure they can be trusted? I mean they’re getting blamed for broadcasting that a massive storm that would wash houses away in Florida was coming 🙄
We actually got extremely lucky. So we're thanking all our lucky stars. The Hurricaine passed right over our house, then the eye, then the stronger backside. But what we feared the most was that storm surge and it never came for us. I feel tremendously guilty feeling the relief I feel, watching the aftermath unfold just miles south.

We lost some bits of roof and our entire pool cage according to a neighbor. Same for our aunt's house a few doors down. Our other aunt's house had no apparent damage. But we're all safe, the houses aren't totaled, and we have so much to be grateful for. I don't know how we got so lucky.
Good to hear…happy for you.

peter11435

The money is not already there for installation, operation, and maintenance of underground power distribution. Research the Scattergood power line in LA.
You’re ignoring the fact that like @lazyboy97o has stated multiple times. These companies have repeatedly secured funding and rate increases to support infrastructure improvements that they never actually complete.

Rob562

wow that looks bad. Wonder how much interior damage resulted from that hole.

The one good thing is that the hole is generally where the drop is on the ride. So the animatronics and most of the infrastructure are elsewhere in the building. (Assuming this is the only breach in the exterior)

-Rob

xxxyyy

Do Cast Members at the hotels get to shelter at the hotels? I assume they can't really leave ... are they offered to or required to stay for a few days starting right before the storm? If they choose to stay home with their families or evacuate, is that permitted?

Touchdown

Original Poster
Do Cast Members at the hotels get to shelter at the hotels? I assume they can't really leave ... are they offered to or required to stay for a few days starting right before the storm? If they choose to stay home with their families or evacuate, is that permitted?
Hurricane crew is housed in the resorts, hurricane crew is vollenteer only.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom