News D23 Expo 2022

Jrb1979

Ever notice how much their BIG PLANS change from announcement to opening?
It's why I don't understand why they don't follow most other parks lead and don't announce it til shovels are in the ground. Look at Velicoaster, nothing was said til well after construction started. Even the Busch parks do that. The new coaster for Busch Gardens Williamsburg is done outside of theming. Yet they only announced a couple of days ago.

SplashJacket

TBH announcing things that were paused due to Covid isn't that impressive.
Correct, but there were projects that they were working on that were to begin after the current round of additions ended. They never got announced because they weren’t ready to get announced with the introduction of covid.

I honestly think this presentation panel will be a thorough surprise to most people. Definitely won’t be as good as 2017, but could be a very solid D23.

BrianLo

Let’s hope this understanding is the reason most of the stuff in the parks display is from the Asian parks: they were holding off on WDW and DL for today. If they endlessly talk about TDL, SDL, and HKDL, I’ll be rather disappointed. Host an event in Asia for those fans. No one in CA cares. Don’t really care that WDSP is getting a huge Woody, either.

Can I throw it back at you guys though… why is WDW in the ‘exception’ list?

It’s a predominantly Disneyland crowd.

CaptainAmerica

1. WDW is the flagship property (sorry 'bout it).

2. There's a lot of overlap between D23 people and DVC people, and DVC people are disproportionately WDW people.

3. I was talking about the livestream as well, not just the people in the room.

SoFloMagic

Ok, final guesses time.

I'm going with lots of recycled stuff and updates, something really underwhelming for dinoland like a splash pad or something, a parade for one of the coasts (I'm going magic happens) and happily ever after (or an announcement that enchantment is dead).

mightynine

Ever notice how much their BIG PLANS change from announcement to opening?
Maybe today’s the day….
AFD8736E-D4EC-4121-8871-7656F0D14171.png

SoFloMagic

Remember too that all the WDW vloggers are there. Whether we like them or not, that amplifies the WDW fan viewership significantly - likely by millions in total.

gerarar

Premium Member
Remember too that all the WDW vloggers are there. Whether we like them or not, that amplifies the WDW fan viewership significantly - likely by millions in total.
The two WDW vloggers I do watch regularly are ResortTV1 and MickeyViews, and they both skipped this year lol

DisneyDebRob

Ok, final guesses time.

I'm going with lots of recycled stuff and updates, something really underwhelming for dinoland like a splash pad or something, a parade for one of the coasts (I'm going magic happens) and happily ever after (or an announcement that enchantment is dead).
I’m going with a new cupcake.. maybe a few new DVC kiosks in the parks. Anything above that will get my attention.

BrianLo

1. WDW is the flagship property (sorry 'bout it).

2. There's a lot of overlap between D23 people and DVC people, and DVC people are disproportionately WDW people.

3. I was talking about the livestream as well, not just the people in the room.

That’s fair if you guys are thinking about it from the live stream lens. I just mean the boots on the ground crowd I hear many people who’ve never been to Florida and likewise many whom have been to Asian parks. Obviously less than the former. But it’s a very atypical crowd.

I just say this because the crowd here HAVE certainly unilaterally been to DLR. So I’m curious how the perception might run if it’s a good DLR conference and a bad WDW one. I kind of think that’s the way it’s going to go and I kind of think the crowd here is going to leave jazzed and the streaming group on this forum will not.

Jrb1979

There you go folks!

Remember they just cancelled a bunch of additions that were announced and planned. You wouldn’t do that and then announce a bunch of new stuff instead.
What were people expecting? If anything big was happening we would have heard something about it already. There has been nothing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom