Trip Report We took the Wish for a spin! COMPLETE

Hello, everyone,

You may remember us from previous TRs including:

Land & Sea - Baja Style!
We kept in on the DL...the DCL
It’s not about Ryan Gosling, but there is a Gosling involved

Once again, it's time for another DCL adventure with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.

We are doing a WDW/DCL/WDW sandwich and hopefully this isn't a bologna sandwich with miracle whip. Let's hope it's a fancy Italian Boars Head sub from Kroger with all the fixins.

I should preempt this by saying we still have to pass a covid test because our cruise is the last one to require testing if you're vaccinated. Boo on you DCL. So this entire TR could be scrapped on Wednesday morning.

When: We fly out on the evening of September 15.
Where: Our first night is the Poly. Got to get our rest in before at sea funtivities.
What are we doing: We're sailing on the Wish, back to back! This is a first for us.

We've combined a 3-night and 4-night with a Halloween party ticket when we return. This is a Halloween on the High Seas cruise which means costumes! I've made them and they're ready to go!

After we fly in, we will pick up our one-way rental from National. We have no park plans for arrival day and really no dinner plans either.
Embarkation day - we will drive to National Car rental at the port and get a shuttle to the port. We will do this same thing after debarkation and head back to the Poly. Our Halloween party tickets are for that evening and we fly home the next day.

We have found it very hard to get excited about our cruises. There are several reasons:
  • We still have to test. We will not pack until we pass the test. I still have some eMed tests left over from Celebrity (which no longer tests), so we will use them for our cruise.
  • Negative feedback regarding the Wish. We are trying to stay away from it. We know the ships aren't the same. We're not really researching anything, just looking at the food and drink menus. The only thing we will familiarize ourselves with is the deck plan, because it will be different and we don't want to waste our time trying to find things.
  • We are trying to buy a house. If things go well, we will close next Monday.
  • We are trying to sell our house. It's currently on the market and open for viewing and it will be while we are gone.
  • Our previous cruise (on the Wonder) was fine, but nothing spectacular, except for the BREACHING OF A WHALE!
However, there are some things we are looking forward to experiencing on the ship:
  • New ship and venues.
  • New drinks and food. There look to be some interesting food and drink choices, especially the drink that is in the ice ball at Nightingales.
With all this said, wish us luck for a negative test next Wednesday!

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I'm curious about both of your takes about the Wish, since you're two adults going. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, because it seems like a downgrade if you're not traveling with children.

cgersic

Good luck on the tests - I'm sure it will all go as planned - and I can't wait for this report!!! And good luck on the houses!!!
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello, everyone,

You may remember us from previous TRs including:

Land & Sea - Baja Style!
We kept in on the DL...the DCL
It’s not about Ryan Gosling, but there is a Gosling involved

Once again, it's time for another DCL adventure with @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.

We are doing a WDW/DCL/WDW sandwich and hopefully this isn't a bologna sandwich with miracle whip. Let's hope it's a fancy Italian Boars Head sub from Kroger with all the fixins.

I should preempt this by saying we still have to pass a covid test because our cruise is the last one to require testing if you're vaccinated. Boo on you DCL. So this entire TR could be scrapped on Wednesday morning.

When: We fly out on the evening of September 15.
Where: Our first night is the Poly. Got to get our rest in before at sea funtivities.
What are we doing: We're sailing on the Wish, back to back! This is a first for us.

We've combined a 3-night and 4-night with a Halloween party ticket when we return. This is a Halloween on the High Seas cruise which means costumes! I've made them and they're ready to go!

After we fly in, we will pick up our one-way rental from National. We have no park plans for arrival day and really no dinner plans either.
Embarkation day - we will drive to National Car rental at the port and get a shuttle to the port. We will do this same thing after debarkation and head back to the Poly. Our Halloween party tickets are for that evening and we fly home the next day.

We have found it very hard to get excited about our cruises. There are several reasons:
  • We still have to test. We will not pack until we pass the test. I still have some eMed tests left over from Celebrity (which no longer tests), so we will use them for our cruise.
  • Negative feedback regarding the Wish. We are trying to stay away from it. We know the ships aren't the same. We're not really researching anything, just looking at the food and drink menus. The only thing we will familiarize ourselves with is the deck plan, because it will be different and we don't want to waste our time trying to find things.
  • We are trying to buy a house. If things go well, we will close next Monday.
  • We are trying to sell our house. It's currently on the market and open for viewing and it will be while we are gone.
  • Our previous cruise (on the Wonder) was fine, but nothing spectacular.
However, there are some things we are looking forward to experiencing on the ship:
  • New ship and venues.
  • New drinks and food. There look to be some interesting food and drink choices, especially the drink that is in the ice ball at Nightingales.
With all this said, wish us luck for a negative test next Wednesday!
Yea! I love the trip reports from the both of you! Looking forward to your upcoming trip, photos, and commentary. :happy:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Yea!! I've been wondering where you guys have been.

Good luck on the houses. It can be stressful, even when things are moving along.
We've been lurking, but for the most part, with a little bit of RCL cruising thrown it.
I'm curious about both of your takes about the Wish, since you're two adults going. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, because it seems like a downgrade if you're not traveling with children.
I'm hoping that we will like it. We just want to relax and have fun!
Good luck on the tests - I'm sure it will all go as planned - and I can't wait for this report!!! And good luck on the houses!!!
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF
Thinking "negative test" thoughts!
Thanks! Everything is fine. - Tina Belcher
Yea! I love the trip reports from the both of you! Looking forward to your upcoming trip, photos, and commentary. :happy:
Thanks for following along!

erstwo

Can’t wait to follow along! I keep meaning to go back and reference that ‘gin drink in a teapot’ post you had on your last cruise. I want to try replicate it somewhat but I haven’t hosted the right group yet. I was thinking garden club, but it’s too many people. Then I thought maybe book club, but I think I’ve settled on my Bunco group - they love a themed cocktail.
Can’t wait to steal ideas…I mean read about….😁more of your adventures!

cfry06

Happy to see this - and look forward to possibly (probably?) bumping into you on the 4 night! We did a B2B in August with our son and neighbors. Want you to make all of your own opinions, but I’ll be honest when I say there are some positives, and of course a few things we didn’t love as much, but great time was had. It is beautiful, the service we still found top notch and it was neat to experience something new. It’s different, as you’d expect it to be. Absolutely took into the 2nd/3rd day until I felt like I was starting to get the layout. I’m curious how we will feel this 2nd time, and this one adults only. We wouldn’t normally have booked this 3rd one on the Wish, but actually booked this before we jumped into the August trip with friends.
Our kiddo LOVED it - and I’ll agree the kids areas are impressive.

I‘m SO bummed we have to deal with testing again - the 4 night is the last one, ugh! But fingers crossed we will be cruising with you on the 19th!

Good luck with the houses!!

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
I hope you two have the best time. I am very curious to see how you like the Wish, especially the drinks and the food. I am even more curious about the Halloween costumes.
Honestly, these costumes were completely out of the blue. We had one idea and we were going with it, and then an idea popped into our minds and that was it. I did post a hint a while ago on IG, but it was pretty vague.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom