MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

The Empress Lilly

But just think of the possibilities of how we could Discover the wicked world of Disney villains inside of a giant metal box that’s taller than the soon to be renamed Le Disney Story Castle and visible from all around the resort!
Well gosh you made it a thematic fit all through the magic of Italics! Even slicker than '...Ursula visited Discoveryland as a kid and...'

Toni25

I saw a rumor that DL is getting a Hagrids style coaster but themed to Disney Villians in an expansion coming to discoveryland in 2028. Anyone else heard these things?
I don't know if ThemeparX is the most trustworthy source for rumors like that, besides photo updates of constructions.
I did see that Jim Shull liked this tweet...but once again, I don't know if it means anything. He might know something, he might not.

Dsn.jpg

There are still many years until 2028, many things could change. They might WANT to make something original for the main park for 2028, but GOD please don't let it be a Villains ride for Discoveryland 😂. All these recent pitches have me trembling, it all seems a misplaced, rushed mess that doesn't fit the lands or any cohesive theme whatsoever.

lazyboy97o

I don't know if ThemeparX is the most trustworthy source for rumors like that, besides photo updates of constructions.
I did see that Jim Shull liked this tweet...but once again, I don't know if it means anything. He might know something, he might not.

View attachment 663653

There are still many years until 2028, many things could change. They might WANT to make something original for the main park for 2028, but GOD please don't let it be a Villains ride for Discoveryland 😂. All these recent pitches have me trembling, it all seems a misplaced, rushed mess that doesn't fit the lands or any cohesive theme whatsoever.
Now is exactly when they would need to make a decision to have an attraction opened by 2028. The decision happens fairly early in the design process.

Toni25

Now is exactly when they would need to make a decision to have an attraction opened by 2028. The decision happens fairly early in the design process.
Yet in 2018 Star Wars was announced for the Studios expansion for 2024, which was 6 years away (the magic number)...but now that's canceled.

lazyboy97o

Yet in 2018 Star Wars was announced for the Studios expansion for 2024, which was 6 years away (the magic number)...but now that's canceled.
I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Projects are approved fairly early in the design process but it’s still a process that currently takes years, leaving plenty of time for a project to be cancelled.

Toni25

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Projects are approved fairly early in the design process but it’s still a process that currently takes years, leaving plenty of time for a project to be cancelled.
And that is exactly why I said there are still many years until 2028 and many things could change.
Meaning I'd take everything with a grain of salt, because even if a new E-ticket would be announced for Disneyland Park Paris at D23, the plan could change along the way. In case it does end up being a villains themed attraction, I hope they make it a separate land, or move it to the studios. I just hope they come up with something really good and original that could be integrated in the main park.

mrflo

I saw a rumor that DL is getting a Hagrids style coaster but themed to Disney Villians in an expansion coming to discoveryland in 2028. Anyone else heard these things?
If you are referring to ThemeparX, the comment there says that this Disney Villains coaster would be part of a mini land near Discoveryland. So the location could be the plot of land between Star Tours and IASW behind the rail tracks - basically as a villain extension of Fantasyland.

That to me would make much more sense and could fit thematically. Though I am still very sceptical about any rumour that far into the future while we are still unclear about previously announced attractions until 2025/2026. I generally think that Disney should stopp announcing any plans that are still at a blue sky/concept level and wait at least until constructions are about to start.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
A new nighttime Halloween show sounds great if it's on par with Dreams of Christmas in terms of scale and duration.

Nice to see that despite doing parties, most of the Halloween stuff is included in regular admission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom