Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Where am I? Let me check the app to see if any I can get in a good attraction.
Oh, look it's only a 30 min wait for Imagination!
Im outta here... I know what water is...
We scream all the time for them to “do something!”

So we have to embrace the somethings. Not all thrills.

What’s better? Hype and a billion for 5 years and you get millennium space invaders and rise of the reboot? A dull ride that goes through the motions and has as much not working on it as splash mountain?

I think my perspective is evolving here 🤔

J4546

It's a themed walk through featuring Moana, not based on it.. I think. But yeah a nice lush themed area with interactive water features and a few areas to explore. Not a big e ticket ride, but then again disney isn't hyping it up to be either, just a nice walk through area which deals with the cycle of water so it may have some educational value as well which is great for epcot imo. I don't know why people are so mad about it, getting mad at a theme park area is hilarious to me but it's watevs.

Haymarket2008

Serious question here... what exactly is this suppose to be? just a themed walk thru attraction based on Moana?

A walkthrough attraction depicting the water cycle through the lens of the film Moana. A preamble to The Land and The Seas pavilions.

Allegedly, this idea was in the pipeline for many years and basically finally got green lit because of the attachment to Disney IP.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A walkthrough attraction depicting the water cycle through the lens of the film Moana. A preamble to The Land and The Seas pavilions.

Allegedly, this idea was in the pipeline for many years and basically finally got green lit because of the attachment to Disney IP.
A hell of a lot more “Epcot” than guardians…but it’s ok because that’s a really cool ride with TFF 👍🏻

Disstevefan1

We scream all the time for them to “do something!”

So we have to embrace the somethings. Not all thrills.

What’s better? Hype and a billion for 5 years and you get millennium space invaders and rise of the reboot? A dull ride that goes through the motions and has as much not working on it as splash mountain?

I think my perspective is evolving here 🤔
Why I LIKE Moana -
1. It's better than nothing.
2. It looks like it will a good place to get out of the direct sun and heat and check the app for my next LL
3. I am so looking forward to the walls coming down.
4. It's better than nothing - oh did I list this already?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Zach, I'm trying to root for you, but the labels for Lake and River are in the wrong spot 😅
Is there not a river leading to the ocean in that graphic? To properly label in a literal fashion it in the way you see it, it would be:

Rain > Stream > River > Wetland > River > Land > Spring > River > Lake > River > Ocean

The Water Cycle takes different parallel paths before it evaporates and turns back into rain. The illustration shows that. The words describing it would get very complicated trying to layout all those different paths. For we also see a mountain stream on the left flowing against the arrows of the circle toward that lake.

I'm more taken aback about the mountainous columns of water that are hurtling up into the sky to douse the sun.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
EPCOT is full of water features. People bemoaned the ponds that used to be in the hub and were cemented over. Now, there's something put back.

This is just another of the many water features already in EPCOT. It's a more... animated one. It's the dancing fountains (and the backward waterfall) by Imagination raised to a much higher level. Add some edutainment (Water Cycle + Moana references), and it's a great fit for EPCOT.

Incomudro

Why I LIKE Moana -
1. It's better than nothing.
2. It looks like it will a good place to get out of the direct sun and heat and check the app for my next LL
3. I am so looking forward to the walls coming down.
4. It's better than nothing - oh did I list this already?
5. It's way better than any tech showcase exhibit housed in a building would ever be.

dreday3

But in such a central place in a park that is crying out for actual attractions that people can ride?

Some of the best parts of Epcot weren't the rides though (at least for me), at least way back when. My greatest memories were playing after we rode Figment, not the ride itself.
It's not replacing a ride and I think if imaginative and interactive enough, will be fun, positive addition.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
But in such a central place in a park that is crying out for actual attractions that people can ride?
Would a high capacity ride ever have been placed where JoW is being placed? If such a ride could have been placed there, why haven't they already put one there over the past decades?

Previously, that site contained very low capacity exhibits, demonstrations, and M&Gs.

There are plenty of places left for high capacity rides in EPCOT.

Incomudro

There was never a ride in this location, there was a building.
I could only imagine the backlash by the purists if a ride was constructed at this spot.
They did away the instantly dated way of showing tech., that few people can even access in such a crowded enviroment - and turned it into a lush, beautiful, naturalistic walkthrough that ties in a bit of that edutainement so many harp about Epcot removing - and tied it to The Seas.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Would a high capacity ride ever have been placed where JoW is being placed? If such a ride could have been placed there, why haven't they already put one there over the past decades?

Previously, that site contained very low capacity exhibits, demonstrations, and M&Gs.

There are plenty of places left for high capacity rides in EPCOT.
I know at the time @marni1971 and others produced some plans of the size of attraction that could have been put into Communicore as it was. I believe the conclusion was that something pretty sizable could have gone in there.

Of course, the idea of a festival center would need to have been dropped, which certainly wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom