SPOILERS: Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Series

flynnibus

Premium Member
Killing to avoid a greater evil in the future requires seeing the future. Because we've seen the future we can use hindsight to choose a course for the characters.
Except the same characters have had the exact same delimia already with the same character and suffered from their inaction…. Then…. Repeat it again??

This isn’t lack of hindsight- this is a cheap out for the writers

spacemt354

Chili's
I had thought before that I felt this show would have worked better as a film

So I did some experimenting and without changing much of the character arcs, and was able to make a 2 hour 15 min film using about 90% completely unaltered scenes from the show. The only things altered were either to cut down extra time, like for instance Reva captures Leia the first time, or to slightly modify the reason why Obi-Wan left Vader.

Add in some more classic Star Wars music for extra emotional weight - and this could have honestly been a 10/10!

Act One (45 mins)
  • Inquisitors (Reva and Fifth brother) interrogating the town for Obi-Wan on Tatooine, Owen protects him begrudgingly.
  • Obi-Wan watching over Luke from afar, having nightmares, tries to call for Qui-Gon.
  • Bail Organa's message to Obi-Wan that Leia has been captured
  • Inquisitors had hired bounty hunters to capture Leia and lure out Obi-Wan based on Reva's info, he leaves Tatooine.
  • Obi-Wan arrives on Daiyu, encounters homeless clone trooper, meets Haja Estree (the fake Jedi), and finds Leia in her cell (our first scene with Leia)
  • Haja tells Obi-Wan of a band of refugees, Reva intercepts them and is able to capture Leia as Obi-Wan is injured.
  • Reva tells Obi-Wan that Anakin is alive, and Obi-Wan/Vader connect in the force.
Act Two (45 mins)
  • Obi-Wan is taken to a bacta tank, contrast with Vader in the bacta tank
  • With the help of Haja, Obi-Wan has been transported to the refugee base, meets Tala.
  • Reva brings Leia to Fortress Inquisitorius and attempts to interrogate Leia for the location of the refugees. She struggles to 'torture' her, flashing back to herself as a child. Reva leaves, contacts Vader saying Obi-Wan will be coming.
  • Obi-Wan and Tala attempt to enter the Fortress and save Leia
  • They escape the fortress on the snow speeders
  • Vader arrives after they escape, and reprimands Reva for losing Obi-Wan, but she said she planted a tracker to the refugee base.
  • Vader's ship is hovering above the refugee planet as he has Coruscant lightsaber training flashback
  • Reva and troopers descend to the planet, Obi-Wan discovers she is a youngling from Order 66, offers to help her defeat Vader
  • Battle ensues, Tala sacrifices herself.
  • Remaining refugees escape as Vader takes down the wrong ship, narrowly missing Obi-Wan.
  • Reva vs Vader, Vader 'kills' Reva and the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels is revealed to take her place.
Act Three (45 mins)
  • Vader's ship catches up to the refugees. Against the GI's advice, Vader lets the refugee ship go and goes after his old master
  • Obi-Wan once again calls out for Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan says he must confront Vader to save them. Says goodbye to Leia.
  • Vader arrives, their fight ensues. More personal, no jumpcuts back to Tatooine.
  • Obi-Wan is able to neutralize Vader. Vader tells him that he is not Obi-Wan's failure.
  • Vader is summoned by Palpatine, leaves Obi-Wan with his damaged suit, obeying his new master's wishes.
  • Obi-Wan is then stopped by Reva who rather than fighting Obi-Wan, chooses to rid herself of being an Inquisitor.
  • Vader on Mustafar with Palpatine, telling him he's feelings for his old master are clouding his vision.
  • Obi-Wan arrives on Alderaan, tells Leia to keep their connection a secret.
  • Returns to Tatooine, looks over Luke, and Qui-Gon appears to him

erasure fan1

I enjoyed the series. I would still put mando ahead of it by a good margin. I'd say one of my biggest issues was how bad a lot of the special effects looked. I think I'm going to need to watch the series straight through to really make a final assessment.

I know people here think it ended fine with no need for a 2nd season. But I feel like this was a total setup for another season.

flynnibus

Premium Member
we can all agree on 1 thing about this series. obi wan is 2 for 2 on kicking anakin/vader’s a** 😜
I mean.. this is just more of all the contradiction in the show.

Look at Obi Wan in the Clone Wars era... he's strong, but not king of the hill. Grievous and Dooku best him over and over... Yet here, he's portrayed as even losing a step and recovering.. but Vader is at a level seen no where in the universe to date.. and 'recovered obi wan' kicks his tail with relative ease.

It's so wildly inconsistent with itself and the rest of Star Wars... it's like it was a reboot done by some 3rd party.

mf1972

Look at Obi Wan in the Clone Wars era... he's strong, but not king of the hill. Grievous and Dooku best him over and over... Yet here, he's portrayed as even losing a step and recovering.. but Vader is at a level seen no where in the universe to date.. and 'recovered obi wan' kicks his tail with relative ease.

It's so wildly inconsistent with itself and the rest of Star Wars... it's like it was a reboot done by some 3rd party.
good point

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I chalk it up to emotion being a large driver in each others performance. A nod to Jedi vs Sith, give into the dark negative emotions and it can sap your performance, just my take anyways.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Dude…you need a drink. I’m at DAKL right now. You name the bar and I’ll meet you to try and grind that edge off a little, eh?

Pecos Scott

Fortunately this turned out to be a very solid series. There are a few plot details left open, like where Reva goes from this point, but that all leads to more potential spin off series. Job well done Ewan and Hayden bringing their roles back to life and adding strong depth to their rivalry. It tied together nicely from the PT to the OT.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Or the long term plan is to remake the OT and reshape it to fit all these story details from new/upcoming shows and movies.
Why in the hell would the incompetents at Disney do that? Does it ALL have to suck? Can’t reinvent the wheel…they already tried that and failed hard

That too, but the calling him just "Darth" instead of Darth Vader or just Vader is the disrespect.
I like the possibilities with that. They needed to have some things NOT so straight forward

Pecos Scott

So, I've had time to process a bit. I loved the storyline for Obi. I thought they did a great job showing that he still is super powerful
The show did a really good job with his character arch. Very similar to Lukes encounters with Vader, losing at first then coming back triumphant and kicking butt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom