News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Three and a half months to go from dirt to a finished product? When none of the new structures outside Moana have gone vertical? It's possible for a few walls to maybe be pushed back, but not to see them all gone.
100% agreed on CommuniCore Hall. They could probably get everything else done by then since it's, like, 80% concrete and landscaping, but just looking at the general pace of things, I'm gonna guess it won't move quickly enough for that to happen.

Sir_Cliff

100% agreed on CommuniCore Hall. They could probably get everything else done by then since it's, like, 80% concrete and landscaping, but just looking at the general pace of things, I'm gonna guess it won't move quickly enough for that to happen.
I'm sure they could have a lot finished by October, but they won't. Insiders have already said the plan pre-pandemic was for everything including Moana to open in 2023, and there's certainly no indication Disney suddenly feels any new urgency about completing the centre of the park.

I guess they just feel guests will keep coming whether the entire centre of the park is a pile of dirt for years at a time, so why spend the money to get things done as quickly as possible when you can stretch them out over years?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
The question still stands, what remains of their plans for Future World West? There is no way they leave Imagination, Land, and Seas the way they are. I would assume a Phase II announcement at D23?

James Alucobond

The question still stands, what remains of their plans for Future World West? There is no way they leave Imagination, Land, and Seas the way they are. I would assume a Phase II announcement at D23?
The Land and The Seas literally just need a light modernizing facelift in the common areas. I doubt there were ever plans to significantly alter them. Imagination is another story, but it's also been a problem for many years that they've never really felt pressure to rectify.

UNCgolf

The Land and The Seas literally just need a light modernizing facelift in the common areas. I doubt there were ever plans to significantly alter them. Imagination is another story, but it's also been a problem for many years that they've never really felt pressure to rectify.

I think they need to spend money on the Seas in terms of the aquatic life, both plant and animal. Last time I was there some of the areas looked scant. I don't expect that to happen anytime soon, though.

trainplane3

Wait. Epcot’s 40th is this fall?
Yep.
Probably get a merch announcement end of July/mid August.
When it come to Disney and "phase 2" I lose all hope. Phase 1 barely makes it through the machine that is called "budget cuts".

mightynine

Don't forget about the cupcakes! Shall I just take a crack at writing some copy?

------

Our "center" piece dessert for EPCOT's 40th anniversary - the Spaceship Earth Cupcake features a icing-based decoration of the iconic façade of the park's geodesic dome, adorned with 40 Skittles (courtesy of Mars, Inc., proud partner of Disney Magical Candy Activations) to represent the Beacon of Magic that has dazzled guests every night!

Also at An American Adventure, stop by for our special Florida Mud Pie, honoring the currently iconic entrance plaza that has wowed guests aboard our highway in the sky, the Monorail, as they get a birds-eye view of EPCOT World Whatever!

-------

Contact me for rates, Disney!

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Execution is critical, will the cans be empty or full? Really depends on what kind of neighborhood they're going for.
20220611_135555.jpg

Signs point to full...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom