Massive Jungle Cruise Wait Times

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
After talking to various friends that have been at the swamps over the past month and checking MDE there seems to be consistently massive waits for Jungle Cruise. It currently has a 140 minute wait compared with Space Mountain’s 55 and Seven Dwarfs’ 85.

Jungle Cruise is currently the longest wait at WDW; even Rise is at 95, and it seems like a pattern as of recent.

Is the movie or improvements driving people to it, Genie+, artificial waits, or something else because it’s not just today, it seems to consistently match or top the largest wait times in Orlando.

View attachment 643996
It’s possible they don’t have enough good skippers or boats or something that’s affecting hourly capacity.

Genie+ is affecting JC regardless whether the above is true or not, at least imho. Because it was running out early on G+, all the guides list it as priority, which turns it into a ‘must do’ in a lot of minds. The more popular something becomes the more popular it gets due to FOMO. It’s the Peter Pan effect from FP+ days.

lentesta

Premium Member
Heard a bit more about this. Apparently there are some maintenance issues resulting in not enough boats being available.

We counted Jungle Cruise processing around 770 guests per hour this morning in the MK. For reference, Disneyland's JC averages just under 900 guests/hour in our observations.

WDW can have 1 more boat in operation than DL, so MK's capacity should be somewhat higher than DL's. It's not, as of now.

In standing by the exit, we observed the following:
  • One boat seemed to be dedicated to training new skippers. It had a total of five passengers, all CMs.
  • We overheard one skipper telling another that they were scheduled for two mandatory 12-hour shifts this week
We're counting throughput again, and counting how many distinct boats are in operation. Initially, this sounds to me like a staffing issue and a maintenance issue at the same time.

ETA: In the past hour (1 pm to 2 pm Eastern) at Jungle Cruise: 885 guests with 7 boats running. There were at least 28 people on each boat. That works out to a cycle time (load,ride,unload) of around 13:20, I think.

Also, with just 7 of 9 boats on the water, the ride is running at no more than 78% of capacity.

ETA: @RSoxNo1, this is the follow-up to your request from earlier.

Last edited:

J4546

Let me also say that if Jungle Cruise's maximum hourly capacity is around 1,000 guests, that it's a tremendous waste of space in Adventureland and should be replaced. (It should remain in Disneyland, obviously, as a classic.)
I kind of agree with this. Keep JC in DL as it is butI think it would be incredibly cool if they redid JC in MK and expanded to include the cancelled Indiana Jones land with JC going through showbuilding. Get new JC, Indy ride, indy coaster, and put the live indy show from DHS back there as well, giving you new space to build on DHS

UNCgolf

Let me also say that if Jungle Cruise's maximum hourly capacity is around 1,000 guests, that it's a tremendous waste of space in Adventureland and should be replaced. (It should remain in Disneyland, obviously, as a classic.)

I've been advocating for replacement for years. It's superfluous with the existence of Animal Kingdom (where you can see those animals in real life -- as was the original intent of the Jungle Cruise), and takes up a huge amount of space that could probably be used for two new attractions, a shop, and a restaurant (or show, or whatever else).

Virtual Toad

I'm not totally convinced it needs to go. Others mentioned TDL's JC loads and unloads two boats at once. Maybe there's a way to increase throughput. And perhaps there's room elsewhere in Adventureland for another people-eating attraction. Add? Yes. Replace? Don't give them any ideas. :)

UNCgolf

put the live indy show from DHS back there as well, giving you new space to build on DHS

The Indy show from DHS wouldn't make any sense in Adventureland -- it doesn't even really make sense at DHS anymore now that they've moved away from the park's original theme.

They could do a different Indy show, of course.

UNCgolf

I'm not totally convinced it needs to go. Others mentioned TDL's JC loads and unloads two boats at once. Maybe there's a way to increase throughput. And perhaps there's room elsewhere in Adventureland for another people-eating attraction. Add? Yes. Replace? Don't give them any ideas. :)

One to one replacements are definitely bad (especially since they tend to replace high capacity attractions with lower capacity ones), but if a replacement results in multiple attractions and other spaces, it's a bit different.

Animaniac93-98

it's a tremendous waste of space in Adventureland and should be replaced

If they close Jungle Cruise, we're not going to get another ride, we're just going to get a "Character Festival" in the queue:

1655240584396.png

1655240604549.png

with maybe some stenciled crates to look at while we wait for Pooh to arrive

1655240661265.png

OceanBlue

The amount of people who use DAS on that ride break it. Ever since G+ s majority of my rides have a 1:10 G+/DAS (and it’s mostly DAS) not to mention the 15-20 min turnaround everytime the handicap boat comes back. It really needs a spur to keep the normal boats running smoothly.

Which is why my one and only trip on the ride is post fireworks on Deluxe night, and it still takes 30-45 min then but it’s half of what it is any other time.
How do you know the statistics on g+ vs das?

OceanBlue

Yes, but the DAS folks may disagree. As Will some well-heeled types that don’t want to wait with the riff-raft.

But I agree. Our Covid era trips (Sept 2020 and May 2021) were glorious. Lines MOVED. it felt like a throwback to the wonderful trips of my youth (Early to mid 90’s)
I distinctly remember waiting in 50 switchbacks at big thunder mountain dying in the heat from my childhood in the 90s…

Touchdown

How do you know the statistics on g+ vs das?
It’s the people using canes, having difficulty entering the boat, old people. It’s fairly obvious (note I never stated those people are abusing it, however due to its queue structure more people qualify for DAS as opposed to MMRR.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom