Massive Jungle Cruise Wait Times

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
After talking to various friends that have been at the swamps over the past month and checking MDE there seems to be consistently massive waits for Jungle Cruise. It currently has a 140 minute wait compared with Space Mountain’s 55 and Seven Dwarfs’ 85.

Jungle Cruise is currently the longest wait at WDW; even Rise is at 95, and it seems like a pattern as of recent.

Is the movie or improvements driving people to it, Genie+, artificial waits, or something else because it’s not just today, it seems to consistently match or top the largest wait times in Orlando.

2CEA6FAA-AD42-4F17-ACC9-7E21FCCF67A3.png

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

After talking to some friends that were recently at the swamps and checking MDE, Jungle Cruise currently has a 140 minute wait compared with Space Mountain’s 55, and Seven Dwarfs’ 85 minute wait.

Jungle Cruise is currently the longest wait at WDW; even Rise is at 95.

Is the movie/improvements driving people to it because it’s not just today, it consistently matches or tops the largest wait times in Orlando.

View attachment 643996
What movie? I kid, I don't think that really made that much of an impact. And I thought people hated changes? I have to wonder if the posted times are legit or they just want people to grab that genie.

Touchdown

The amount of people who use DAS on that ride break it. Ever since G+ s majority of my rides have a 1:10 G+/DAS (and it’s mostly DAS) not to mention the 15-20 min turnaround everytime the handicap boat comes back. It really needs a spur to keep the normal boats running smoothly.

Which is why my one and only trip on the ride is post fireworks on Deluxe night, and it still takes 30-45 min then but it’s half of what it is any other time.

TheMaxRebo

I can tell you the problem because I’m here now. Everyone is learning if you want to ride jungle cruise you have to use LL which is causing insane lines in many rides. Epcot has been really bad today.

I think that is the driver of the wait times being so much more than what they used to be .... It is a slow loading ride with a relatively boring queue that is not indoors/air conditioned, so makes for an in demand G+LL - when chain turn makes the standby go slower which just increases the LL demand even more and it snowballs

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Even figment and Three Cabs in Mexico had long wait times because many people won’t stand in 2hr long queue lines for other rides that are so screwed up by Genie+ and what else is their to do.

Soarin Lightning Lane was literally over 30 minutes. LIGHTNING LANE!

Disney needs more attractions
Better fastpass systems
and new management

I have never experienced Disney like this before and frankly it’s not an experience I look forward to doing again anytime soon after this trip. I am zig zagging all over the parks which can’t be good for crowd control. I can’t explain how bad this is compared to the previous system (which wasn’t perfect either but at least enabled some sort of planning with less day of insanity and stress).

Disney is hurting themselves and Universal may honestly benefit some from it

GustoGummi

Even figment and Three Cabs in Mexico had long wait times because many people won’t stand in 2hr long queue lines for other rides that are so screwed up by Genie+ and what else is their to do.

Soarin Lightning Lane was literally over 30 minutes. LIGHTNING LANE!

Disney needs more attractions
Better fastpass systems
and new management

I have never experienced Disney like this before and frankly it’s not an experience I look forward to doing again anytime soon after this trip. I am zig zagging all over the parks which can’t be good for crowd control. I can’t explain how bad this is compared to the previous system (which wasn’t perfect either but at least enabled some sort of planning with less day of insanity and stress).

Disney is hurting themselves and Universal may honestly benefit some from it
I personally don't bother with G+ or LL but I have overheard nothing but complaints from other guests since it's inception. It's very confusing, stressful, and the biggest complaint is that people are spending more time on their phones than enjoying the parks.

Tha Realest

We’re going in August (midweek) and I refuse to buy G+. We’ve been a few times during Covid and have gotten our fix so don’t feel compelled to do every ride. Thankfully it’s a day that MK has EEH for Deluxe guests so saving a heavy hitter or two for then

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
LL is nothing more than a paid Standby. You still wait. Honestly, are we even sure it's faster?

Hey @lentesta
Do we have any comparison data between Dis before Genie+ and Dis after Genie+ to see if this LL nonsense is actually a net positive for the guest experience and not just a net positive for Disney's coffers? It'd be a complete failure if a traditional standby line leads to quicker boarding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom