Massive Jungle Cruise Wait Times

Purduevian

Can someone explain to me how Tokyo Disneyland loads their boats and why it is so much better? Would this be something WDW could do if they invested the money into it?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A lot of it has to do with cultural reasons.
They're used to dealing with uncooperative crowds...
1654866833531.png

Bocabear

The re-hash of the Jungle Cruise is so underwhelming too...There is so much that could and should have been done with it besides adding chimps and more bad jokes... (at this point they could rename it Monkey River) This ride even has an indoor portions screaming for a real moment...instead of a wasted ride through.

Animaniac93-98

Ahh I was wondering if it was like redesigned boats or more loading platforms or a DAS loop or something like that. I still love the HPFJ DAS loop and how hidden and well integrated it is.

Instead of having one boat load and one boat unload, they can do two at a time.

Yes, there isn't as many wheelchair transfers and the guests are faster on average, but the dock itself is set up differently.

RSoxNo1

Instead of having one boat load and one boat unload, they can do two at a time.

Yes, there isn't as many wheelchair transfers and the guests are faster on average, but the dock itself is set up differently.
Do they have less staff at MK loading boats post COVID?

solidyne

The re-hash of the Jungle Cruise is so underwhelming too...There is so much that could and should have been done with it besides adding chimps and more bad jokes... (at this point they could rename it Monkey River) This ride even has an indoor portions screaming for a real moment...instead of a wasted ride through.
Oh, no, I prefer the quiet indoor portion just as it is! It is a curiously solemn contrast to the rest of the ride. I am glad that wasn't changed.

Fido Chuckwagon

Yes, but the DAS folks may disagree. As Will some well-heeled types that don’t want to wait with the riff-raft.

But I agree. Our Covid era trips (Sept 2020 and May 2021) were glorious. Lines MOVED. it felt like a throwback to the wonderful trips of my youth (Early to mid 90’s)
Actually the fairest system would be for everyone to get DAS-style virtual return times, and you can only hold one at a time (so if you get in “virtual line” for space mountain, and it’s a 60 minute virtual wait, you can’t ride other rides while waiting.

granfiesta

While I'm sure that all of the things that have been discussed here add to increased waits, as someone who's gone at least once a year for the past 9 years, I noticed a marked increase in the wait times after the movie was released. What used to maybe a 20-30 minute wait, now was easily double that most of the time. Then add in the catastrophe that is G+ and it's just made things worse.

MagicHappens1971

Actually the fairest system would be for everyone to get DAS-style virtual return times, and you can only hold one at a time (so if you get in “virtual line” for space mountain, and it’s a 60 minute virtual wait, you can’t ride other rides while waiting.
While one may believe this is the “fairest” system, the logistics would be a nightmare. The parks simply don’t have the capacity for guests to not be in lines, stores, walkways and eateries do not have the space to manage that.

JoeCamel

While one may believe this is the “fairest” system, the logistics would be a nightmare. The parks simply don’t have the capacity for guests to not be in lines, stores, walkways and eateries do not have the space to manage that.
But the saliva still drips from the corner of Chappie's mouth as he dreams at night of people being able to buy merch and food rather than be standing on line

correcaminos

Yes, but the DAS folks may disagree. As Will some well-heeled types that don’t want to wait with the riff-raft.

But I agree. Our Covid era trips (Sept 2020 and May 2021) were glorious. Lines MOVED. it felt like a throwback to the wonderful trips of my youth (Early to mid 90’s)
You realize DAS didn't stop during covid, right? DAS also moved much faster during covid. So did VIP tours
I'd be game for that. Keep me from my 8hr hold time doing DAS. However I am not sure that is possible...

Agreed. Then again what would be fairest for me is impossible. Even with DAS I am "beat up" after every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom