Luca and Zootopia missed opportunities?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How long did it take Dis to make a mermaid ride.........?
  • 781 days from movie opening to the first showing of the show at MGM Studios
  • 4101 days from movie opening to opening of King Triton's Carousel at DCA (which I believe is the first true Mermaid ride)
  • 4309 days from movie opening to opening of Mermaid Lagoon at TDS
  • 7860 days from movie opening to soft opening at DCA for the first major Mermaid ride (and dark ride you are probably referring to)
Not that I'm counting...

Luca came out 342 days ago, so we have some time to wait...

Mickey5150

I always felt Disney should add more IP's to Epcot but in subtle ways that allow kids to realize their favorite movies are based on real places. Put some vespas along the waterfront and then Luca and friends statues in the water. A little IP breadcrumb that gets people to explore the pavilions further. I also would like more museum exhibits in the pavilions that tie the movies to the countries. Disney spends a lot of time researching real places when creating their films, let people see that.

LittleMerman

I don't remember Luca being a big hit - was it? My bf and I tried to watch it and turned it off halfway through. I've been meaning to finish it but it wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. It certainly hasn't had a pop-cultural following so I don't see a big desire for it in the parks.

With Zootopia - I would personally love the Zootopia land planned for Shanghai to be built somewhere in the US. I would prefer more unique lands but I'm always down for new lands and attractions. I don't enjoy the Conservation Station section of AK and would love the train to become a metro-style ride to a Zootropolis-style land.

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_pk8gectEgD1qb5qxmo1_400.gifv

NickMaio

• 4101 days from movie opening to opening of King Triton's Carousel at DCA (which I believe is the first true Mermaid ride)
  • 7860 days from movie opening to soft opening at DCA for the first major Mermaid ride (and dark ride you are probably referring to)
Not that I'm counting...

Exactly - - - - :)

CaptainAmerica

Pixar has ONE memorable non-sequel film since 2010 and it's Coco. Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Onward, Soul, Luca, and Turning Red have all already been forgotten.

On the WDAS side, Wreck-It Ralph belongs in the parks. Moana belongs in the parks. Encanto belongs in the parks. Raya, Zootopia, and Big Hero have faded from relevance.

Heppenheimer

I always felt Disney should add more IP's to Epcot but in subtle ways that allow kids to realize their favorite movies are based on real places. Put some vespas along the waterfront and then Luca and friends statues in the water. A little IP breadcrumb that gets people to explore the pavilions further. I also would like more museum exhibits in the pavilions that tie the movies to the countries. Disney spends a lot of time researching real places when creating their films, let people see that.
Disney went even further with Luca in that they rather faithfully digitally recreated the real town of Vernazza, even though they gave it a different name in the film. I can't think of another fictional Disney location that looks so much like an actual place in the real world. An exhibit that showed the side-by-side comparison of Vernazza with its fictional avatar would haven been interesting. But, that's the kind of little atmospheric detail the parks used to be filled with that apparently holds no interest for Chapek unless he can monetize it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Pixar has ONE memorable non-sequel film since 2010 and it's Coco. Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Onward, Soul, Luca, and Turning Red have all already been forgotten.

On the WDAS side, Wreck-It Ralph belongs in the parks. Moana belongs in the parks. Encanto belongs in the parks. Raya, Zootopia, and Big Hero have faded from relevance.
What's your thoughts on Big Hero Six?

CaptainAmerica

What's your thoughts on Big Hero Six?
San Fransokyo is very interesting but I'm not sure where it would fit thematically in the parks. It's not future-y enough for Future World, it's not real-worldy enough for Japan, and there are better options ahead of it "in line" for Studios (Monstropolis, chiefly).

Cmdr_Crimson

San Fransokyo is very interesting but I'm not sure where it would fit thematically in the parks. It's not future-y enough for Future World, it's not real-worldy enough for Japan, and there are better options ahead of it "in line" for Studios (Monstropolis, chiefly).
Boy, if only they had a park in California that was at one point themed to California..But, I'm scratching on empty here...

Jacob Marley

Not every new movie deserves an attraction in the parks. Especially when these things often replace other attractions.
We could always go back and do things like in the Nineties, when you pretty much expected a new parade or stage musical to premiere within months of the newest animated feature. That way, people wanting more park inclusion of newer properties will be happy, and people not wanting new lands or rides taking over other popular attractions will be happy.
pardshs.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not that I'm counting...

And that first one was in a different era, one where they thought ahead and built for growth, not profit.

CampbellzSoup

It would be nice for the Italian pavilion to have SOMETHING to attract it to other than food. I would love it to have a little dark ride attraction similar to the Mexican boat ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We could always go back and do things like in the Nineties, when you pretty much expected a new parade or stage musical to premiere within months of the newest animated feature. That way, people wanting more park inclusion of newer properties will be happy, and people not wanting new lands or rides taking over other popular attractions will be happy.
View attachment 641467
That would actually be amazing.

J4546

They just added a massive new ride and expansion to the France pavillion. I'm sure theyll add more rides in due time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom