News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For the WDWRR? There will be a crowd of crying fanboys and fangirls stretching from the park entrance to the TTC, I’m sure. Thank goodness they built those bridges.

First rider:
View attachment 639682
ThornyFlamboyantBarbet-size_restricted.gif

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This ride is so absurdly badly placed that my working theory is that a Disney VP was having an office affair with a subordinate and, when their spouse walked in on them, they panicked, claimed to be working late on a new ride, and as proof grabbed the miniature Tron building from the HKDL model and shoved it into the WDW model at random. Then they had to build it or face an expensive divorce.
More likely, the current Tron placement is a result of where the young lady's support garment fell across the MK model.

Speaking of which, has anybody tried to calculate the canopy's size? I can't be the only person in the world to notice such a resemblance...

Patcheslee

More likely, the current Tron placement is a result of where the young lady's support garment fell across the MK model.

Speaking of which, has anybody tried to calculate the canopy's size? I can't be the only person in the world to notice such a resemblance...
Eh it's just a Little Mermaid VHS moment

SilentWindODoom

Possibly related to the coaster, since it was shot near Disney World? Flynn's Arcade being somewhat central to both Tron movies. Really randomly stumbled across this on Instagram. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like one of those themed vacation homes I've seen the Trackers visit. The construction, especially with the door in the ceiling for attic access looks very residential.

celluloid

Yeah, I've watched a full ride through of the one in Shanghai. More just that it's interesting they're doing promo work, I guess.

It looks cool! It is likely not for the ride. :( Most promos for the Central Florida parks and their events are not even filmed in the state, sometimes not even the country.

EeyoreFan#24

So are we down to just installing track from the tunnel to the back of SM? If so, what is stopping the train from opening up in a few weeks?

My pure speculation is they dont want construction access majorly impeded and/or operational/safety issues with constant crossing. I think we at least need to see the area west of the tracks, but probably the entire outside, buttoned up before they lay track outside the tunnel.

can it be done - yes, but theres probably a whole slew of new challenges it brings that are not “necessary”. So the best I hope for is mostly completed track and just needing to fill the gaps and test when it’s time to do so, but I think it’s more than a few weeks.

Hopefully I’m wrong and around the clock crews have the train going in a month!

James Alucobond

My pure speculation is they dont want construction access majorly impeded and/or operational/safety issues with constant crossing. I think we at least need to see the area west of the tracks, but probably the entire outside, buttoned up before they lay track outside the tunnel.

can it be done - yes, but theres probably a whole slew of new challenges it brings that are not “necessary”. So the best I hope for is mostly completed track and just needing to fill the gaps and test when it’s time to do so, but I think it’s more than a few weeks.

Hopefully I’m wrong and around the clock crews have the train going in a month!
Indeed. I think they'd at least want all work on the Storybook Circus path, the path connecting TRON to Light & Power, and all related landscaping complete before they run the train again. Basically, everything from the tracks to the Speedway. I can't imagine they'd want to sacrifice the ability to traverse the area where the tracks will go day or night, plus the views rolling through that dust bowl would be abysmal.

ToTBellHop

Agree with above.

I just don't think they can operate the train until Tron construction is complete. Too many safety issues.
Well, outdoor construction. It could open while they complete finishing touches on the interior (maybe 2 months before TRON if they want). But they definitely need to finish all of the outdoor walkways. I’d guess September, at the earliest, for the WDWRR. But 10/1 has obvious appeal.

bcoachable

So are we down to just installing track from the tunnel to the back of SM? If so, what is stopping the train from opening up in a few weeks?
I would love to see this! However- so many guests would have front seat views of what might end up being an OSHA violation- report it- and have a chance to use litigious means to hold the mouse over a barrel… purely speculation on my part, of course- I claim no real knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom