News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SplashJacket

I would love to see this! However- so many guests would have front seat views of what might end up being an OSHA violation- report it- and have a chance to use litigious means to hold the mouse over a barrel… purely speculation on my part, of course- I claim no real knowledge.
That already exists with the PeopleMover (and with a higher hourly capacity)

bcoachable

That already exists with the PeopleMover (and with a higher hourly capacity)
True - but is it as up close and even closer to the backstage construction area? The TTA is possibly looked at (as are the monorails and skyliners) as unavoidable spectator viewership of said construction… Again- I claim no true knowledge of said situation. (And am eager to ride the Train asap!!)

2bornot2be

It there any chance Disney would limit area access to help control crowds levels for awhile?
1653945813655.png

flutas

BGs don't generally limit people to the whole area do, do they?
As originally intended, yes. Now? No.

They originally were meant to keep GE from being overcrowded...of course the crowds were (typically) more like rainclouds over Disneyland.

vikescaper

Honest question….what if they decide to make the pathway to Tron by Space Mountain one way? For example, if you want to get to Tron, you must take the pathway from Storybook Circus. To exit, you walk past Space Mountain.

James Alucobond

Honest question….what if they decide to make the pathway to Tron by Space Mountain one way? For example, if you want to get to Tron, you must take the pathway from Storybook Circus. To exit, you walk past Space Mountain.
The logistics of actually controlling that make it improbable, in my opinion. And even if you post multiple cast members on each path, people are going to get annoyed very quickly when you tell them to take a massive detour because they're going the wrong way.

TheMaxRebo

I could possibly see that for when it first opens or for controlling people there for rope drop, etc ... They do that somewhat with getting in and out of Pandora

ToTBellHop

The logistics of actually controlling that make it improbable, in my opinion. And even if you post multiple cast members on each path, people are going to get annoyed very quickly when you tell them to take a massive detour because they're going the wrong way.
They opened an entire land (SWGE) with one entry point as entrance and one as exit. With signage and CMs, it’s not a big deal. And these entry points are very narrow. 4 CMs could people from passing. I doubt they worry too much about irritating people who can’t follow directions.

MagicHappens1971

Cast members have to control pathways in the manner you just described all the time. Yes, it’s annoying to have to reroute you the opposite way as a CM and as a guest, it’s done for crowd flow and safety all the time.

James Alucobond

Fair enough. Wasn't aware they'd done that with Galaxy's Edge. It just feels like it would be odd to not be able to return directly to the land the attraction is in and to instead get forced into the completely unrelated area of the park after unloading from TRON.

ToTBellHop

Fair enough. Wasn't aware they'd done that with Galaxy's Edge. It just feels like it would be odd to not be able to return directly to the land the attraction is in and to instead get forced into the completely unrelated area of the park after unloading from TRON.
Think of how they direct guests around nighttime spectaculars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom