News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

YodaMan

One appearance thats missing yet major (in the grand scheme of things) to is the Moon Knight banners and billboards inside Hollywood Studios which signals them as a character usable in the park

A few more minor additions:
-In 2014, Studios did a GotG preview in the Sounds Dangerous Theater
-In 2021, Animation Courtyard had advertisements for Shang Chi ()

Last edited:

tcool123

A few more minor additions:
-In 2014, Studios did a GotG preview in the Sounds Dangerous Theater
-In 2021, Animation Courtyard had advertisements for Shang Chi ()

Had been hunting down to see if they had ever promoted Shangchi in the park, struggled to find anything but glad you did! Disney really is building up quite a variety of MCU characters for Disney World, really hope one day it amounts to something beyond an oddly placed Guardians ride.

doctornick

Had been hunting down to see if they had ever promoted Shangchi in the park, struggled to find anything but glad you did! Disney really is building up quite a variety of MCU characters for Disney World, really hope one day it amounts to something beyond an oddly placed Guardians ride.
Shang-Chi and Dr. Strange could easily make a good core for a new land.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Well, the Avengerail train was allowed on the MK monorail line (outside parks but in hotels) but not the Epcot line (goes into a park). So, yes, it would seem.
Thanks!

Now I’m left wondering which resort they might choose to do this at. At DLP they went with one of their top tier hotels.

Seriously unlikely to be GF. Poly and Contemporary have already been done. And I think we can rule out AKL and probably WL.

I’m thinking Boardwalk. 🤔

The YC and BC have a theme that doesn’t really fit with Marvel particularly well as far as I can tell (not being a Marvel fan at all). The Hotel New York fitted quite well at DLP. Could the Boardwalk work as a Marvel theme?

ToTBellHop

Thanks!

Now I’m left wondering which resort they might choose to do this at. At DLP they went with one of their top tier hotels.

Seriously unlikely to be GF. Poly and Contemporary have already been done. And I think we can rule out AKL and probably WL.

I’m thinking Boardwalk. 🤔

The YC and BC have a theme that doesn’t really fit with Marvel particularly well as far as I can tell (not being a Marvel fan at all). The Hotel New York fitted quite well at DLP. Could the Boardwalk work as a Marvel theme?
They’re already renovating BWI so I think that ship has sailed. I think the reason we haven’t seen it yet is that it would lead to confusion with Universal (it’s one thing to promote a movie or have a gift shop or ride with characters not at Universal but another to have a hotel with Spider-Man when the competitor has a very popular Spidey ride) and the fact that it would honestly need a new build. They’re not interested in new deluxe or moderate resorts. Only way I could see it is a DVC Marvel tower. Replacing the South Garden Wing would make the most sense to me. It would complement The Incredibles.

flyerjab

Shangi-Chi and Dr. Strange could easily make a good core for a new land.
I’ve always said (old posts) that they could expand Asia in DAK, add Kamar-Taj, creating a new sub-land. They could add an indoor coaster featuring Wong or the Ancient One, taking you on a journey through the multi-verse. Of course screens would be needed throughout (heaven forbid (jk)) but it would be an interesting way to add something Marvel to DAK. Maybe they could have a Dr. Strange show similar to the one in DL (if allowed). I know he made an appearance in DHS before so who knows? This is obviously without using the Marvel IP that would seem the more obvious choice - Wakanda.

No Name

I’ve always said (old posts) that they could expand Asia in DAK, add Kamar-Taj, creating a new sub-land. They could add an indoor coaster featuring Wong or the Ancient One, taking you on a journey through the multi-verse. Of course screens would be needed throughout (heaven forbid (jk)) but it would be an interesting way to add something Marvel to DAK. Maybe they could have a Dr. Strange show similar to the one in DL (if allowed). I know he made an appearance in DHS before so who knows? This is obviously without using the Marvel IP that would seem the more obvious choice - Wakanda.
I just don’t see where animals would fit into that idea without it feeling shoehorned.

MagicHappens1971

plus I’m sure Disney would prefer to spread all their marvel content among Epcot, HS, & AK granted that they can’t build an avengers campus persay. On the other hand they could build an “Avengers campus” with the characters they can use, call it something else and tag on “east campus”

Sir_Cliff

Disney ain't going to put one of their most valuable franchises on some value motel.
The Hotel New York Marvel refurb is a good model of how to do a Marvel hotel right. I'm not really interested in Marvel and wasn't thrilled when it was announced, but I would consider it if it was at a reasonable (for DLP) price. Either way, I will definitely go there for a few cocktails next time I'm at the resort!

An All Stars-style budget resort would be popular, but a bit of a waste from Disney's perspective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom