The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Seriously this has to of me up in the boardroom right? Ok guys we can gut Splash or give Indy a proper refurb. Or reskin Tomorrowland. Or just build a D ticket PatF ride somewhere else for the same amount of money.

I'm still an advocate for building either a restaurant/train station complex or an attraction/train station complex where the New Orleans Train Station is.

Princess and the Frog there would fit better within the context of Disneyland as a whole.

But also, wasn't there a huge Indy refurb scheduled for 2020 that got cancelled due to covid? I'll never forget how optimistic I was at the end of 2019. All of the announcements were good.

Then 2020 happened and it's like a switch was flipped.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'm still an advocate for building either a restaurant/train station complex or an attraction/train station complex where the New Orleans Train Station is.

Princess and the Frog there would fit better within the context of Disneyland as a whole.

But also, wasn't there a huge Indy refurb scheduled for 2020 that got cancelled due to covid? I'll never forget how optimistic I was at the end of 2019. All of the announcements were good.

Then 2020 happened and it's like a switch was flipped.

I like the idea of PatF actually being in NOS but I’m just not willing to trust Chapek n Co with NOS, especially that part of the land. Magnolia park bordered by the Haunted Mansion, NOS train station and French Market/ Mint Julep Bar is Disneyland to me. It’s one of my favorite spots if not my favorite. Eating a beignet and sipping on a mint julep back there is a joy. We ve done it the past couple trips. Which reminds me - get a Passionfruit mint Julep when you go! Great combo of light mint flavor with Passionfruit and a slice of lemon. Not too sweet and refreshing.

I don’t recall the Indy refurb. The announcements from 2020 on have been downright depressing.

SuddenStorm

I like the idea of PatF actually being in NOS but I’m just not willing to trust Chapek n Co with NOS, especially that part of the land. Magnolia park bordered by the Haunted Mansion, NOS train station and French Market/ Mint Julep Bar is Disneyland to me. It’s one of my favorite spots if not my favorite. Eating a beignet and sipping on a mint julep back there is a joy. We ve done it the past couple trips. Which reminds me - get a Passionfruit mint Julep when you go! Great combo of light mint flavor with Passionfruit and a slice of lemon. Not too sweet and refreshing.

I don’t recall the Indy refurb. The announcements from 2020 on have been downright depressing.

Here's the article for the announced refurb that never happened- https:///2019/11/indiana-jones-adventure-major-overhaul-tm1/

I agree. Really, I just wish they'd let the park rest for a couple years after they finish the Tomorrowland entrance. There's been a staggering amount of change inside Disneyland- Toontown, Jungle, Snow White, the ROA/Galaxy's Edge changes, Project Stardust, etc. that I'd love for them to let the place settle and see how things look before starting anything new.

I'll make sure I check out the Julep!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Here's the article for the announced refurb that never happened- https:///2019/11/indiana-jones-adventure-major-overhaul-tm1/

I agree. Really, I just wish they'd let the park rest for a couple years after they finish the Tomorrowland entrance. There's been a staggering amount of change inside Disneyland- Toontown, Jungle, Snow White, the ROA/Galaxy's Edge changes, Project Stardust, etc. that I'd love for them to let the place settle and see how things look before starting anything new.

I agree. If this was still the Iger / Staggs era I might be curious to see what they do with Tomorrowland but as it stand now- yeah take a break with DL WDI. Take a long break.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Huh?

Indy, like Star Wars is still beloved and is being introduced to newer generations.

Is it? Seems infinitely less relevant than Star Wars. I'd love to be wrong, as Raiders of the Lost Ark is among my absolute favorite films.

Totally agree that the ride works on its own. Nonetheless, IP and merch are everything to current leadership, and it seems unlikely Chapek and friends would invest in meaningfully fixing the ride without slapping a fresh IP on it. And since even an overlay of this massive attraction would cost a fortune, I think we're stuck in broken snake, broken boulder, broken lava purgatory for the foreseeable future.

CaptinEO

According to Twitter, Magic Kingdom held its 47th annual cast member canoe race today.

Which is really interesting, since Magic Kingdom stopped operating the canoes for guests in 1994.

Hmm.....

Cast members also got Wishes fireworks from the early 2000s this month. Maybe CMs get the best Disney experiences these days! Next they'll be getting Captain EO.

truecoat

I wonder if the Indy movie coming next year will factor into bringing this refurb back. It would be a little embarrassing to have it in its current form if they do a premiere at the park.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I wonder if the Indy movie coming next year will factor into bringing this refurb back. It would be a little embarrassing to have it in its current form if they do a premiere at the park.

I’d like to think so but that always comes with the scary thought of what movie tie ins they have in mind

They resisted on Jungle Cruise though. Then again JC is an opening day non IP attraction.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Man what are they doing out in Disney World? They’re taking away the ability to pre purchase Genie + for hotel guests. So now you have to wake up before 7am to purchase it and book some rides or you may be $hit out of luck. Just keep making a bad system worse instead of admitting the system sucks… for guests. Waking up at 6:30 am when I’m wrecked from going to the parks 3 days in a row sounds so fun.

Are there any perks for guests staying on property anymore? This kind of stuff doesn’t have me rushing to book my first trip out there.

Phroobar

I’d like to think so but that always comes with the scary thought of what movie tie ins they have in mind

They resisted on Jungle Cruise though. Then again JC is an opening day non IP attraction.
They will probably close it down a week before just like they did to the Country Bears movie before it was released.

No Name

Man what are they doing out in Disney World? They’re taking away the ability to pre purchase Genie + for hotel guests. So now you have to wake up before 7am to purchase it and book some rides or you may be $hit out of luck. Just keep making a bad system worse instead of admitting the system sucks… for guests. Waking up at 6:30 am when I’m wrecked from going to the parks 3 days in a row sounds so fun.

Are there any perks for guests staying on property anymore? This kind of stuff doesn’t have me rushing to book my first trip out there.
This is one of the most downright idiotic things I’ve seen them do recently because I can’t figure out how it benefits anyone. I really think Genie+ should just be included as part of the hotel (like Universal includes express pass which is much more expensive) but evidently that’s a long way off.

waltography

It sounds like they're hoping to artificially reduce the number of guests who purchase Genie+ so that when they stop sales for the day early on, they can say "well, you didn't wake up early enough to buy it"; that's the only conclusion I can make from this decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom