News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

gerarar

Premium Member
Why would they not have taken out the "ramp" between the pathway and the Speedway. Make it such that instead of the ramp, there is wall up against the speedway and you basically double the width the pathway.
If they took out the "ramp" in that area, I guess it would look weird that the ramp stops and resumes again after the new walkway.

Also probably it would lead to another Speedway closure, and I guess they can't afford that rn. Should've done it way back when the Speedway did close for the track readjustment.

Casper Gutman

This ride is so absurdly badly placed that my working theory is that a Disney VP was having an office affair with a subordinate and, when their spouse walked in on them, they panicked, claimed to be working late on a new ride, and as proof grabbed the miniature Tron building from the HKDL model and shoved it into the WDW model at random. Then they had to build it or face an expensive divorce.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think the train will be in the tunnel long enough to make any inside theming worth it....

1652931943135.png

Also, to the left of the tunnel is the pathway walking tunnel, well, the second one, the other one is where the red arrow is...

1652932156418.png

The wall to the left of it is a retaining wall that will presumably be filled with dirt for landscaping.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I don't think the train will be in the tunnel long enough to make any inside theming worth it....

View attachment 639549

Also, to the left of the tunnel is the pathway walking tunnel, well, the second one, the other one is where the red arrow is...

View attachment 639550

The wall to the left of it is a retaining wall that will presumably be filled with dirt for landscaping.
Well, heck! That's not even enough time for a good "oooooooooo". *grumble*

kalel8145

View attachment 639549

View attachment 639550

But will a dinosaur fit in there?

Sith196

So I don’t know that it will make October because they delayed before restarting, but it is definitely this year, now. Previews during October certainly aren’t out of the question. Could just be CMs at that point, though.

Do you think there's any chance they would be able to open the railroad by November, even if TRON isn't ready to go yet?

JoeCamel

They can slow walk the opening as long as they want. Look how long they dragged their feet opening 'Ratatouille' !
Hopefully they can use the time to make it bulletproof so it is not plagued by downtime
They need a workhorse because they are going to take space down for a track replacement as soon as......
Right?
Sorry for the edit penguin

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom