Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

RSoxNo1

Yeah, now it’s clear they’re trying to push this “World Nature” thing as it’s own blob-shaped land, completely asymmetrical from the macaroni-shaped World Discovery. I think we can be forgiven for not expecting this considering the original announcements told a different story and I wonder when/why that part of the plan changed.

View attachment 637150
View attachment 637151
So can someone (@marni1971?) tell us what the pink pathway was?

SplashJacket

So can someone (@marni1971?) tell us what the pink pathway was?
Based on what we know about the original overhaul, probably had no real purpose other than “because we can.”

But we still would’ve gotten a dozen Zach posts and a Disney+ series on how the perfectly peachy pink pristine pavement transcends realms and sows magic and reality together and exudes an aura unparalleled by conventionally colored concretes.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

So is red arrow a good guesstimate of POV angle?
Screenshot_20220508-114620_Disney World~3.jpg

RSoxNo1

Based on what we know about the original overhaul, probably had no real purpose other than “because we can.”

But we still would’ve gotten a dozen Zach posts and a Disney+ series on how the perfectly peachy pink pristine pavement transcends realms and sows magic and reality together and exudes an aura unparalleled by conventionally colored concretes.
Yeah, this could have been a situation where Zach got a deal on some pink flooring.

RSoxNo1

So it seems that Journey of Water is not a passthrough attraction? That seems ill conceived. I think a lot of people will walk around it with it being a self contained walk through. If however it was something you could use a heavily themed path with an exit closer to The Seas it would have seen more traffic.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So it seems that Journey of Water is not a passthrough attraction? That seems ill conceived. I think a lot of people will walk around it with it being a self contained walk through. If however it was something you could use a heavily themed path with an exit closer to The Seas it would have seen more traffic.
I'm disappointed it's not a walkthru to get to The Seas, too.

However, from the entrance of the park heading to The Seas, the entrance/exit of JoW is only 40 yards from the front of The Seas.

1652326323842.png

Bocabear

When it was criticized about being out of place, everyone said, no! It is an attraction to educate about the water cycle and the walkway to The Seas... Now it is actually a closed loop, obviously more of a water play area from what can be seen...In the end is it going to just be another splash pad after all?

James Alucobond

When it was criticized about being out of place, everyone said, no! It is an attraction to educate about the water cycle and the walkway to The Seas... Now it is actually a closed loop, obviously more of a water play area from what can be seen...In the end is it going to just be another splash pad after all?
Yes, I have it on good authority that the entrance signage will read “dumb babies only” so that no serious adults accidentally wander in.

doctornick

I don't think that it is "obviously" that at all. the only think that has "changed" is that instead of being a connection from the hub towards the seas, it is seemingly a linear path. So, it's more akin to the animal trails at DAK where you start one size and walk through to the end. Given the size and artwork, it absolutely looks like a proper attraction.

If anything, the new/expanded description offered by Disney reinforces that this actually is edutainment and part of a stronger development of World Nature as a distinct area.

Centauri Space Station

It’s still doing all that, it has paths through world nature

solidyne

I don't think that it is "obviously" that at all. the only think that has "changed" is that instead of being a connection from the hub towards the seas, it is seemingly a linear path. So, it's more akin to the animal trails at DAK where you start one size and walk through to the end. Given the size and artwork, it absolutely looks like a proper attraction.

If anything, the new/expanded description offered by Disney reinforces that this actually is edutainment and part of a stronger development of World Nature as a distinct area.
As someone who loves Swiss Fam and the DAK trails, I really hope you're right. My money is on splash pad / meet-n-greet, however. Does anyone truly think this will be on the order of either of the aforementioned? I don't think this will even surpass the smoking-area sidewalk from Space to Circus!

Incomudro

As someone who loves Swiss Fam and the DAK trails, I really hope you're right. My money is on splash pad / meet-n-greet, however. Does anyone truly think this will be on the order of either of the aforementioned? I don't think this will even surpass the smoking-area sidewalk from Space to Circus!
I don't know... It's looking pretty involved to me.
It's going to be it's own thing.

Movielover

Just by looking at the latest construction pics you can clearly tell its a much larger project than a splash pad or the the former smoking path. Just take a Xanex and relax, everything's going to be ok.

Movielover

Come on, it's no fun without drama and throwing some shade at Disney.
I just don't understand how someone can look at all the concept art and the whole construction site and come away with "just a splash pad". Unless of course they are being negative for the sake of being negative simply due to the name of the attraction, then the constant crying is pretty evident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom