News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Cmdr_Crimson

I think Play Pavilion is rumored to be shelved indefinitely or straight up canceled.

According to the park map it's still the "Future" home of it....
Image from blogmickey
guardians2-1024x917.jpeg

They probably have to figure out alternatives to it due to it being a "Hands on" experience and switch it to something else..

James Alucobond

Based on this bioreconstruct picture where is the future entrance going to be. They cut off the old entrance with new plants but that seems to be the only possible access from this side.
Again, they were always going to completely re-pour the path. The concept art shows it as a straight diagonal instead of the existing curve. They’ve just put some temporary low plantings in where it will eventually join up when redone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They have been completely silent about it. A lot like Spaceship Earth’s permanently shelved refurbishment. Budget cuts.
Silence can mean a project is cancelled. Or not. Disney is under no obligation to give updates.

Therefore, silence is meaningless.

(Cf. the long whined-for Thor 4 trailer, in which silence there was rampant and completely false speculation that the movie would be delayed.)

FigmentJedi

I would've actually really liked a Pym Tech-sponsored pavilion; would've even worked to re-introduce a new Body Wars type ride and port over the popular Pym Tech Kitchen from California. No idea why they didn't do that to Play! Or even say a Big hero 6-themed mock-expo.
Ant-Man and the Wasp are Universal controlled since in comic books, they were founding Avengers members.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ant-Man and the Wasp are Universal controlled since in comic books, they were founding Avengers members.
All of the Marvel characters Universal can use can be seen in the Metorite strike directly in front of Amazing Adventures of Spiderman on the island..Which is pretty interesting to see what Disney can't use..
20200205_095642.jpg

doctornick

All of the Marvel characters Universal can use can be seen in the Metorite strike directly in front of Amazing Adventures of Spiderman on the island..Which is pretty interesting to see what Disney can't use..
View attachment 638244

I don't think that's true at all. the panels feature some characters that are not "in substantial use" or part of any restricted "families" that would prevent their use elsewhere. Just using the image you are showing here, for example, I would be confident that the Inhumans (except perhaps Crystal and maybe Medusa) would be able to be used at WDW.

Just having a character's image at Uni is not enough to make them off limit.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think that's true at all. the panels feature some characters that are not "in substantial use" or part of any restricted "families" that would prevent their use elsewhere. Just using the image you are showing here, for example, I would be confident that the Inhumans (except perhaps Crystal and maybe Medusa) would be able to be used at WDW.

Just having a character's image at Uni is not enough to make them off limit.
Well, just incase here's the jist of the East of The Mississippi contract...
EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI – ANY OTHER THEME PARK IS LIMITED TO USING CHARACTERS NOT CURRENTLY BEING USED BY MCA AT THE TIME SUCH OTHER LICENSE IS GRANTED. [FOR PURPOSE OF THIS SUBSECTION AND SUBSECTION IV, A CHARACTER IS “BEING USED BY MCA” IF (X) IT OR ANOTHER CHARACTER OF THE SAME “FAMILY” (E.G., ANY MEMBER OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS OR VILLAINS ASSOCIATED WITH A HERO BEING USED) IS MORE THAN AN INCIDENTAL ELEMENT OF AN ATTRACTION, IS PRESENTED AS A COSTUMED CHARACTER, OR IS MORE THAN AN INCIDENTAL ELEMENT OF THE THEMING OF A RETAIL STORE OR FOOD FACILITY;

From that I believe means is that any character being shown within said park can't be used at WDW..Not sure how it complies with the Marvel super hero store At the springs as many of the characters are representend inside..

MagicHappens1971

Well, just incase here's the jist of the East of The Mississippi contract...
EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI – ANY OTHER THEME PARK IS LIMITED TO USING CHARACTERS NOT CURRENTLY BEING USED BY MCA AT THE TIME SUCH OTHER LICENSE IS GRANTED. [FOR PURPOSE OF THIS SUBSECTION AND SUBSECTION IV, A CHARACTER IS “BEING USED BY MCA” IF (X) IT OR ANOTHER CHARACTER OF THE SAME “FAMILY” (E.G., ANY MEMBER OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS OR VILLAINS ASSOCIATED WITH A HERO BEING USED) IS MORE THAN AN INCIDENTAL ELEMENT OF AN ATTRACTION, IS PRESENTED AS A COSTUMED CHARACTER, OR IS MORE THAN AN INCIDENTAL ELEMENT OF THE THEMING OF A RETAIL STORE OR FOOD FACILITY;

From that I believe means is that any character being shown within said park can't be used at WDW..Not sure how it complies with the Marvel super hero store At the springs as many of the characters are representend inside..
Disney Springs is not a park, that is the answer to your question.

MKeeler

There are a couple of additional wrinkles in the contract where a Disney can’t use the word Marvel in promotion in the parks. So that’s why the store is Super Hero Headquarters instead of Marvel HQ. So definitely no Art of Marvel hotel at WDW, but maybe an Art of Comics hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom