News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Tamandua

Lol yeah that’s what happens in here. Only one side get censored. :rolleyes:
I used to get moderated constantly and I'd ask the moderator to explain why my posts were censored. They never would respond. They would call something political and then decline to explain how it was political, meanwhile much more blatant posts on the other side were left alone. I ended up leaving this site for a long time because it was so frustrating. I'm only here today to see the meltdown.

Prince-1

I used to get moderated constantly and I'd ask the moderator to explain why my posts were censored. They never would respond. They would call something political and then decline to explain how it was political, meanwhile much more blatant posts on the other side were left alone. I ended up leaving this site for a long time because it was so frustrating. I'm only here today to see the meltdown.

Well I can guarantee from personal experience that Mom slams the hammer down on both sides of the political spectrum. But just mostly democrats.

Hi mom! ;)

lazyboy97o

Do you mean that if Reedy Creek is removed from the permitting equation, we can expect even slower "progress" than the already glacial pace things move at WDW?
Do you think Epic Universe is being slowed down by the county? Do you think SeaWorld is slowed down? Sesame Street Land at SeaWorld Orlando was designed, permitted and built in about a year and a half. It’s not quite Disney scale but it’s the biggest recent theme park project done in the county.

MrPromey

I didn’t see that. Which is hypocritical since they are displaying political bias, which inciting debate, yet police the website for political comments. “Move on.” Lovely.

News flash - it's his site. He's allowed to be as hypocritical as he wants to be.

This isn't a democracy; it's not a publicly funded work and I don't see "premium member" under your name which means you're not contributing to keeping this thing running so I don't see why he should care what you think about how he runs things.

It's not his responsibility to act as a platform for anyone's free speech but his own.

If you don't like it, his advice is perfect for you.

With the 12 posts you've contributed in the 8 years you've been here (with most of them apparently in this thread), it doesn't look like you'll be walking away from much.

Steve (WDWmagic) shows a level of restraint that I cannot even begin to fathom 99.999% of the time.

Show a little respect to the host and if you can't then I don't think anyone on here (on either side of this debate) is going to miss you.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
RCID became a target when Disney choose to put politics above what should have been their top 2 priorities, their customers and their stockholders.
It doesn't scare you that when a company announces their stance on a public policy that government officials can retaliate with punitive law?

I would think that folks who believe the government should get off our backs would be outraged at this and speak up.

Heath

Lol yeah that’s what happens. Only one side get censored. :rolleyes:

View attachment 634684
I didn’t read the threads often enough to see what or who is censored. It seems that most of these threads are viewable which is healthy dialogue. In this unusual circumstance, since it’s a political topic, it seems fair game. However it seems unfair and unprofessional if the article poster insinuates bias by using a moniker “his don’t say gay bill” in the actual article itself. Why do that? Because it’s your website? Was “move on” actually said? At least post a neutral professional article, then post your opinion/ bias in a comment like anyone else. That’s hypocritical to me that one displays their own bias, which would incite the debate, then participants go, “no politics!, can’t say that, wrong forum” when you created the forum! I think I’m this case it’s important, and healthy and transparent to let people hash it out, even a little snarky sometimes. Most seem intelligent and polite. Let people hash it out. No biggie when it’s contained under a political article.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I didn’t read the threads often enough to see what or who is censored. It seems that most of these threads are viewable which is healthy dialogue. In this unusual circumstance, since it’s a political topic, it seems fair game. However it seems unfair and unprofessional if the article poster insinuates bias by using a moniker “his don’t say gay bill” in the actual article itself. Why do that? Because it’s your website? Was “move on” actually said? At least post a neutral professional article, then post your opinion/ bias in a comment like anyone else. That’s hypocritical to me that one displays their own bias, which would incite the debate, then participants go, “no politics!, can’t say that, wrong forum” when you created the forum! I think I’m this case it’s important, and healthy and transparent to let people hash it out, even a little snarky sometimes. Most seem intelligent and polite. Let people hash it out. No biggie when it’s contained under a political article.
I believe the wording was closer to this is not the place for you so basically and @wdwmagic also laid out the constrains of what may be discussed here earlier.

Heath

News flash - it's his site. He's allowed to be as hypocritical as he wants to be.

This isn't a democracy. It's not a publicly funded work.

It's not his responsibility to act as a platform for anyone's feelings about their own free speech.

If you don't like it, his advice is perfect for you.

With the 12 posts you've contributed in the 8 years you've been here (with most of them apparently in this thread), it doesn't look like you'll be walking away from much.

Steve (WDWmagic) shows a level of restraint that I cannot even begin to fathom 99.999% of the time.

Show a little respect to the host and if you can't then I don't think anyone on here (on either side of this debate) is going to miss you.
I don’t say a lot but I read a lot. There are lots of smart people here. Is my model for “respectful” you?

lazyboy97o

Why do you get to decide how someone writes on and organizes their own website? This isn’t the comment section on an article, it’s a separate forum.

Heath

Why do you get to decide how someone writes on and organizes their own website? This isn’t the comment section on an article, it’s a separate forum.
I don’t get to decide nor think I should. Apparently I’m not supposed to ask the wrong questions. H There seems to be kind of a fraternity on here I’m supposed to be pledge or something.

MrPromey

I don’t say a lot but I read a lot. There are lots of smart people here. Is my model for “respectful” you?
Maybe.

At over 4k posts in my time here, you won't find a single one going after the guy who keeps this place running.

Considering you say you read a lot but within only twelve posts, managed to to be critical regarding his post telling people in the nicest way possible to leave if they don't like it here, the bar for what you need as a role model seems pretty low.

BuddyThomas

This site is absolutely ridiculous with it's over-censoring of political discussion, but it's obvious that's it's really only one side that gets censored.
I have no idea what “side” you are on, but I am the biggest gay liberal you could ever find on this type of site and all sorts of my posts have been deleted and I have been banned from several threads, including one that addressed gay issues. I was banned from a gay thread for standing up to homophobia. In any case, I have a feeling you are on the other “side”, and this is just to let you know that they ban and censor everything and everyone on here regardless of “side”.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Maybe.

At over 4k posts in my time here, you won't find a single one going after the guy who keeps this place running.

Considering you say you read a lot but within only twelve posts, managed to to be critical regarding his post telling people in the nicest way possible to leave if they don't like it here, the bar for what you need as a role model seems pretty low.
(checks post count)

I don’t get to decide nor think I should. Apparently I’m not supposed to ask the wrong questions. H There seems to be kind of a fraternity on here I’m supposed to be pledge or something.
Hi, friend. Sorry to interrupt the pity party, but targeting the mods is probably not the best tactic. But, you do you.

Prince-1

I have no idea what “side” you are on, but I am the biggest gay liberal you could ever find on this type of site and all sorts of my posts have been deleted and I have been banned from several threads, including one that addressed gay issues. I was banned from a gay thread for standing up to homophobia. In any case, I have a feeling you are on the other “side”, and this is just to let you know that they ban and censor everything and everyone on here regardless of “side”.

Wait, you’re gay!?!

Joel

This site is absolutely ridiculous with it's over-censoring of political discussion, but it's obvious that's it's really only one side that gets censored.
Not really. IMO, @wdwmagic and @The Mom do about as fair of a job as can reasonably be suspected. Although my only evidence for this is that most of my posts don't get deleted...

Political threads like this inevitably degenerate into angry insult slinging, which is less than ideal for maintaining a healthy community. It's surprising to me that the thread has even lasted this long. I've always assumed that the COVID and mask threads were only kept around for containment purposes, keeping the infinite loop of pandemic arguments out of the rest of the forum.

They know what they're doing around here and do their best to keep things from getting out of hand, and they deserve way more thanks than complaints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom