News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Cool.

1647973351832.png

1647973383772.png

Stupido

So I guess the purple Nova sign is staying purple? Interesting choice, I thought it was just a film to protect any scratches before opening. They went really bold with the purple color in one teeny tiny spot, where the interior is mainly red from what we've seen? I'm getting a little concerned about cohesion, where the ship doesn't match the show building, doesn't match the interior of the building. Takes away from the cohesive design a bit, but hopefully it'll work once it's all open.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The video below goes into the issues in depth.

No, it describes why complex rollercoasters are prone to faults - and doesn't really give any insight into Haggrid's specific issues except it has "Lots of stuff in this one, so more risk for faults" and "they focused on tweaking to make it more reliable".

it's a nice intro for people to understand what matters to rollercoasters.. but gives no real insight into what really happened with Haggrids when it opened. (minus the fact mentioning it only had one drop track at opening)

trainplane3

So I guess the purple Nova sign is staying purple? Interesting choice, I thought it was just a film to protect any scratches before opening. They went really bold with the purple color in one teeny tiny spot, where the interior is mainly red from what we've seen? I'm getting a little concerned about cohesion, where the ship doesn't match the show building, doesn't match the interior of the building. Takes away from the cohesive design a bit, but hopefully it'll work once it's all open.
There was a Instagram post months ago about how it's iridescent/color shifting/magical paint based. It's not just purple but it'll look like that depending on the angle.

Stupido

There was a Instagram post months ago about how it's iridescent/color shifting/magical paint based. It's not just purple but it'll look like that depending on the angle.
Cool Cool Cool. It's still being used in a very minimal application, and aesthetically the facade could have used more of that color shifting paint to make it feel cohesive in my opinion. Especially when none of what we've seen in the interior seems to match the outside at all. But, then again this is me splitting hairs before the area is finished. 🤷‍♂️

lewisc

it's a nice intro for people to understand what matters to rollercoasters.. but gives no real insight into what really happened with Haggrids when it opened. (minus the fact mentioning it only had one drop track at opening)
It said one drop wasn't working at all and the other wasn't working all the time. Multiple switches and launches required a lot of programing. Didn't have time to get it down right before opening. That meant it opened with fewer trains running.

I thought it gave insight to those of us who aren't as knowledgeable as others.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Multiple switches and launches required a lot of programing. Didn't have time to get it down right before opening

Programming that is done before opening. But like I said, the video does not give any insights into what kind of actual faults they had except "complex = hard and error prone".. duh.

All systems need tweaking as they go from theoretical to real world and need evolving. The more dependencies, the more risk of one tripping. I mean, we can say that about any first time product.

Good video for people to learn about rollercoaster ride systems - Not a good video for someone trying to learn why Haggrids struggled besides "lots of stuff!".

Nothing like.. learning some the problem was timing, or fault management, or sensor sensitivity or reliability, or mechanics, or whatever. Just "lots of pieces!" .. duh.

yensidtlaw1969

Whoopsie, wrong Epcot logo.
That's what they get for so barely changing it, I guess. I agree it's a silly error.

Yes that’s different as of this morning
View attachment 628245
(Via Must Not Be Named)
Does it irk anyone else that the "Neighborhoods" are listed in such a weird order? World Discovery, Celebration, and Nature mingle so closely . . . and are so clearly the mere result of the dissolution of Future World, that it's strange to pop World Showcase in the middle. World Showcase is clearly more substantial . . . seems odd to list them in a way that suggests they carry any sort of equal weight.

Not to mention that there's simply no relative flow to the information that makes sense when reading the map - at the very least the listing should have been:

World Discovery
World Celebration
World Nature
World Showcase

. . . since that at least somewhat aligns with their relative positions on the map.

FAR from my biggest issue with the EPCOT redo, this is just a quibble . . . but weird nonetheless.

trainplane3

Cool Cool Cool. It's still being used in a very minimal application, and aesthetically the facade could have used more of that color shifting paint to make it feel cohesive in my opinion. Especially when none of what we've seen in the interior seems to match the outside at all. But, then again this is me splitting hairs before the area is finished. 🤷‍♂️
Not disagreeing with you. While I hated the bronze/brown they had on they ribs, it needs something. It's a gray block now. Unless there's some lighting trick on the panels up top, it's going to be the blandest looking pavilion in the park.

James Alucobond

Honestly, just putting some planters on either side of the entrance with some taller foliage would help, I think. They seemed to have planned that initially before the exit was put on the right side of the building.

1647986797416.jpeg

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
I think Hagrids downtime is the coaster, I’ve heard because of its absurd amount of track changes leads to its unreliability
So, as an operations Team Member at Hagrid's, this is half true. The drops remain a huge issue, as do the track switches. Sometimes the ride just... e-stops itself. If we slow the belt too many times, it faults and the entire ride has to be down for tech diagnosis. Many, many, many things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom