News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
So...can we find some animatronics in the "show scenes?" The fact that no one has answered this question is somewhat disheartening.

Rob562

Starship still missing in Android version 😥

Screenshot_20220323-005105.png

Now available in Android...

-Rob

No Name

Lord I hope they cover up that albatross of a ride building in the background. Time for some tall artificial trees, Disney. Sight line!
I see this said a lot, but tall trees would make it a lot worse from most places. Now instead of an ugly but uninteresting building, there’d be a suspiciously and humungously tall row of trees drawing attention and actually making Spaceship Earth look even shorter. Instead of an ugly building, you see an ugly row of trees.

GladToBeHear

That's what they get for so barely changing it, I guess. I agree it's a silly error.

Does it irk anyone else that the "Neighborhoods" are listed in such a weird order? World Discovery, Celebration, and Nature mingle so closely . . . and are so clearly the mere result of the dissolution of Future World, that it's strange to pop World Showcase in the middle. World Showcase is clearly more substantial . . . seems odd to list them in a way that suggests they carry any sort of equal weight.

Not to mention that there's simply no relative flow to the information that makes sense when reading the map - at the very least the listing should have been:

World Discovery
World Celebration
World Nature
World Showcase

. . . since that at least somewhat aligns with their relative positions on the map.

FAR from my biggest issue with the EPCOT redo, this is just a quibble . . . but weird nonetheless.
Same. Listing the lands in counter-clockwise order as opposed to front-to-back of park is an odd choice. Are we nitpicking? Absolutely. But as a professional designer -- I've found a lot of graphic design choices to be odd as of late. Especially around this park.

yensidtlaw1969

Same. Listing the lands in counter-clockwise order as opposed to front-to-back of park is an odd choice. Are we nitpicking? Absolutely. But as a professional designer -- I've found a lot of graphic design choices to be odd as of late. Especially around this park.
They opened the door to us nitpicking when they used the wrong logo for the park, as far as I'm concerned.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I see this said a lot, but tall trees would make it a lot worse from most places. Now instead of an ugly but uninteresting building, there’d be a suspiciously and humungously tall row of trees drawing attention and actually making Spaceship Earth look even shorter. Instead of an ugly building, you see an ugly row of trees.
Suspicious trees...

Nordic4tKnight

Difference is, this is Vekoma and not Intamin. Vekoma tends to be more reliable and less issue prone. This ride system has been in public use on F.L.Y. (although the ride inverts numerous times) for nearly 2 years now. I'd expect minimal issues.

Which is absolutely hilarious if you know the history of Vekoma and how much their coasters in the 90s-2000s were terrible. Their next gen coasters (primarily in Europe and Asia) have been getting rave reviews and it is amazing how much they have been able to turn it around. We now just need their next gen coasters in the USA ASAP!!!!!!!!

Surferboy567

Is it a little cheesy? Yeah, but I actually appreciate this little bit of world building/connective tissue between the Wonders of Xandar pavilion and the first Guardians.

I wonder though, why the Xandarians would choose the broker. Isn’t he part of the “high end community” and buys stolen items? Not sure why the Nova corps would pick him for community outreach but it’s a nice detail.

trainplane3

Which is absolutely hilarious if you know the history of Vekoma and how much their coasters in the 90s-2000s were terrible. Their next gen coasters (primarily in Europe and Asia) have been getting rave reviews and it is amazing how much they have been able to turn it around. We now just need their next gen coasters in the USA ASAP!!!!!!!!
So agreed. They've always been pretty reliable (maybe not the Flying Dutchmans early on...) but relying on the tried and true Arrow designs hurt them so much. I remember riding EE for the first time and being surprised that it was a Vekoma because of how smooth it was.

I'd gladly welcome more of their new stuff in the US.

I need to know if the floors are from Xandar, Zach!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom