News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

IveBeenJack

CHERRY BOMB!!!

Escape is in the second movie, no? During the scene with the trees, the moonlight, people being shot into the air...
Escape is the Pina Colada song and it was in the first movie when this guy is listening to Quill's walkman.
Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 3.32.13.png

Surferboy567

I wonder though is it like Rock and Mission Breakout where each train/elevator has a different track? Or is it just one track on each?

My gut tells me it’s one track but would love to see different profiles. I’m sure it is going to be fun either way especially with the Guardians music like @przidentkendall outlined. Thanks Jack!

IveBeenJack

I wonder though is it like Rock and Mission Breakout where each train/elevator has a different track? Or is it just one track on each?

My gut tells me it’s one track but would love to see different profiles. I’m sure it is going to be fun either way especially with the Guardians music like @przidentkendall outlined. Thanks Jack!
I don't know if it's randomised or fixed. I personally think it would make more sense to be fixed in place as part of the narrative progression and not every song may be loudly blasted in the ride car but could be featured briefly in a show scene or something like that.

But it's interesting it shares an overlapping soundtrack with Mission Breakout, maybe it's easier from a licensing perspective. I would have loved some Vol. 2 songs (Brandy You're A Fine Girl, Southern Nights, Mr. Blue Sky, Come A Little Bit Closer). But either way, I'm REALLY excited for this ride... WILL BE THE LAST BIG NEW ORIGINAL ATTRACTION WE'RE GETTING AT WDW FOR A FEW YEARS.

Surferboy567

I don't know if it's randomised or fixed. I personally think it would make more sense to be fixed in place as part of the narrative progression and not every song may be loudly blasted in the ride car but could be featured briefly in a show scene or something like that.

But it's interesting it shares an overlapping soundtrack with Mission Breakout, maybe it's easier from a licensing perspective. I would have loved some Vol. 2 songs (Brandy You're A Fine Girl, Southern Nights, Mr. Blue Sky, Come A Little Bit Closer). But either way, I'm REALLY excited for this ride... WILL BE THE LAST BIG NEW ORIGINAL ATTRACTION WE'RE GETTING AT WDW FOR A FEW YEARS.
When you said that, I also thought licensing is probably easier that way. Along with those tracks being instrumental to the 1st guardians film as well as iconic songs in their own right.

Maybe the other songs we don’t know about are from volume 2 or are different altogether.

Your point about a fixed track also makes sense. I am very excited about this attraction as well. I believe and hope it will provide EPCOT with the e ticket it so desperately needs.

castlecake2.0

Hopefully this sparks plenty of discussion and excitement for the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. As you can see the attraction show building and track layout is as accurate as we could possibly get it. A lot of credit should also go to @tommyhawkins as we workshopped this together along with Scott Walker as well.

Other details I can disclose is that there will be 5 songs within the attraction, mostly from Awesome Mix Vol. 1. Also there will be references/Easter eggs to not only Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure, but from what I've heard lots of legacy Epcot, including Horizons.

View attachment 627627View attachment 627628
Where do people go after the pre show I’m confused lol

castlecake2.0

Hopefully this sparks plenty of discussion and excitement for the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. As you can see the attraction show building and track layout is as accurate as we could possibly get it. A lot of credit should also go to @tommyhawkins as we workshopped this together along with Scott Walker as well.

Other details I can disclose is that there will be 5 songs within the attraction, mostly from Awesome Mix Vol. 1. Also there will be references/Easter eggs to not only Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure, but from what I've heard lots of legacy Epcot, including Horizons.

Where do people go after the pre show I’m confused

Cesar R M

Disney has been pretty clear on not acknowledging that in the attraction. If they do, this becomes a very bleak pavilion.
It makes more sense.. if we can go back to see dinosaurs.. and see ancient culture.. then we can add ancient xandarian stuff before they were made extinct by Thanos.

Cesar R M

2 preshows, 1 show scene and 2 screens on the ride? interesting.

tommyhawkins

What was the ride time again? I'm sure someone said it in the last 900 or so pages....
Interesting picture. Seems like there's a lot of wasted space in the UoE building. I wonder why? Maybe I'm missing support for various systems that are needed inside?

Oh, forgot... This better be in there:
Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga...
I Can't Help this Feelin', deep inside of me...

Should be singing that all the way through the queue.
around 150secs.

theres really not a lot of wasted space in the Ellen building,

No Name

I can just hear Jack’s comments in his voice. Great video by the way.

I do wonder, if this is the longest indoor coaster ever built (by a long shot), why did Bob Chapek preface it with “one of”? Why didn’t he say “the longest indoor coaster” or “the first indoor coaster over a mile long” or something else that sounds cool and sells it for what it is?

mysto

Excitement indeed! Looks like the best ride ever.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It would be neat if they had multiple different profiles for the vehicle rotations. I mean they would need to make sure the ride vehicles are always pointed in the right direction for specific show scenes, but maybe some profiles have the cars rotate clockwise into a show scene and some have the cars rotate counterclockwise into a show scene... or during the main launch, maybe one profile has the cars face backwards the entire launch, one profile starts the launch backwards but rotates to face forward mid launch, and one profile turns the cars a full 360 during the launch... could increase reridability significantly.

TikibirdLand

Nothing has come close since its first use in Tokyo's Pooh (The fact that the cars meet up with the prior dispatch in the big room, dance around, and then hang out for the three behind them is just awesome)
Had to go look it up on youtube. looks like a really fun ride, very imaginative! Are you talking about the dream sequence? Seems that could still be done with wire-guided or even tracks. But, it does look easier with trackless. At least they're using in an interesting way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom