News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flutas

While I don’t know whom, this is being prepared to welcome riders in April. Could just be CMs and their families, however.

Reliability seems pretty good (for a new ride—so, not RotR).

To follow up on your info...

( I can't say they relate to GotG, but I can't think of anything else that would require this much effort. )

Heard peeps of a multi-day media event the first week of May, followed shortly by travel agents in the second week.

Looking more and more likely for that Memorial day date.

Last edited:

trainplane3

And considering how poorly that went for Hagrid's, that's why I asked if Guardians would be expected to have some kind of soft opening period.
Difference is, this is Vekoma and not Intamin. Vekoma tends to be more reliable and less issue prone. This ride system has been in public use on F.L.Y. (although the ride inverts numerous times) for nearly 2 years now. I'd expect minimal issues.

FLY02-1024x768.jpeg

ga-fly-01.jpg

EricsBiscuit

I honestly didn't pay much attention of whether Hagrid's downtime was the coaster or the other elements of the attraction.
The drop was a big handicap at open. Only one of them worked and that one was not as reliable as it is now. Of course, other things contributed to the downtime but as far as I know the drop situation was the biggest dilemma.

lazyboy97o

And considering how poorly that went for Hagrid's, that's why I asked if Guardians would be expected to have some kind of soft opening period.
There are no hard set rules. Soft openings are desirable because they let the operations team practice running the attraction with real people. There isn’t some rule that you have to have X number hours of soft openings.

gorillaball

There are no hard set rules. Soft openings are desirable because they let the operations team practice running the attraction with real people. There isn’t some rule that you have to have X number hours of soft openings.
Well and someone mentioned a while back, and I buy into the thoughts - in today's social media world with information swarming at light speed it's not practical to do an actual soft opening. You can't just open the gate and let people in for a while to test it out, that information swarms in minutes and you suddenly have thousands of people at the entrance with "expectations".

From that perspective I don't blame the thought process of only utilizing a more controlled group, such as cast members or even DVC/AP groupings. Even that you are rising "expectations" but you can tamper it a little bit when you communicate the opportunity that nothing is guaranteed during this "test".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom