Disney plans to build a massive dynamic art installation on International Drive

Brad Bishop

How has no one said this, yet: "We have to wait until they build it before we can really pass judgement on it! It may be the best art installation ever!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How has no one said this, yet: "We have to wait until they build it before we can really pass judgement on it! It may be the best art installation ever!"
Because a simplistic categorization of people in to black and white opposing camps who blindly spout off the jingoisms of their tribe doesn't actually reflect reality? And even if it did, it only applies to a fringe few?

FullSailDan

I'm fully on the bandwagon for criticizing Disney for the way they are running the parks lately, but it never ceases to amaze how far will people will go to nitpick every little thing the company does. I don't see an issue with Disney brining a little life to an ugly area of I4 (other than potentially more accidents by distracted drivers) even if it does display some advertisement. This installation could also easily be a proof of concept for stuff being added to the parks, resorts, etc. And please don't forget that marketing budget is completely separate from park development budget. The company is way too big to have a small team sitting in a room saying "we could fix the yeti or we could build a LED installation". Thats just not how it works and if it did, then projects would take exponentially longer than the already glacial pace they take to complete.

ImperfectPixie

I'm fully on the bandwagon for criticizing Disney for the way they are running the parks lately, but it never ceases to amaze how far will people will go to nitpick every little thing the company does. I don't see an issue with Disney brining a little life to an ugly area of I4 (other than potentially more accidents by distracted drivers) even if it does display some advertisement. This installation could also easily be a proof of concept for stuff being added to the parks, resorts, etc. And please don't forget that marketing budget is completely separate from park development budget. The company is way too big to have a small team sitting in a room saying "we could fix the yeti or we could build a LED installation". Thats just not how it works and if it did, then projects would take exponentially longer than the already glacial pace they take to complete.
Have you seen any electronic billboards lately? That's what this is. With some curves built in. It's nothing to get excited over...and it most certainly isn't an "art installation".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom