Disney plans to build a massive dynamic art installation on International Drive

techgeek

So is my sense of direction off, or is this - coincidentally, I'm sure - right in the middle of the path from the existing Universal Studios to the under construction Epic Universe?

Also seems like it will be visible from the top of the Volcano Bay slide towers, and likely some rooms at Aventura. Google street view from the I4 / Sand Lake ramp running alongside Volcano Bay:

BBF9F7BC-CB8D-4A5A-983A-B9314F536D0D.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So is my sense of direction off, or is this - coincidentally, I'm sure - right in the middle of the path from the existing Universal Studios to the under construction Epic Universe?

The what and the who? I didn’t think those existed in Disney boardrooms, at least according to Blue Ocean believer Iger. I’m sure Chappie is in the same boat on that ocean.

TransportationGuy

You can quite literally see it from inside Volcano Bay and will have to drive past it on your way to Epic Universe. From the concept art, it’ll be visible from I4, I-drive, Sand Lake, Universal Blvd, and some of Kirkman. What do these things have in common? You’ll have to drive on at least one to get to EU…

corran horn

And seriously, with throngs of people trying to get into the parks, do they need another advertisement? Does anyone driving down International Drive all of the sudden realize Disney is there?
A total vanity project and waste of money. Especially when budgets for actual improvements, employee wage increases, and attractions are being slashed this is the LAST thing they need to waste 100k plus on....
Disney marketing consistently shows that they think the reason people do not go to WDW is because they don't know it exists.

Casper Gutman

"Guys, Universal is building a massive new complex featuring a state-of-the-art theme park, hotel and new entertainment center! We need to compete!"
"We should build a billboard."
"I don't know..."
"A wavy billboard attached to an unattractive parking garage."
"NAILED IT!"
"And if that doesn't work, we can consider a sixth vaguely futuristic-themed coaster featuring lighting effects in a dark warehouse."

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
"Renderings show the display featuring Disney World's Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster in Hollywood Studios with the words "Toy Story Land" and picture of a Little Green Man, one of the characters in Disney's "Toy Story" movie franchise.

If they really wanted to go with the "Art" argument, the rendering should have been something else. Sheesh. It's a flashy billboard. Like the comparable "art installations" along the Las Vegas strip.

Lilofan

You can quite literally see it from inside Volcano Bay and will have to drive past it on your way to Epic Universe. From the concept art, it’ll be visible from I4, I-drive, Sand Lake, Universal Blvd, and some of Kirkman. What do these things have in common? You’ll have to drive on at least one to get to EU…
Orlando doesn't need more distracted drivers but this just adds to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom