Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Pretty confident that they all are important on varying levels. Again what you feel isn't a concern still is for many. You can be concerned about more than one thing at once. Covid is still bad in some areas. Cut people slack and realize they all aren't like you or where you live. People still care. If you don't think it's an issue why post? This doesn't affect you.

People still have to test to go to certain places for travel. We still are mandated to wear masks on public transportation. We still are closely monitoring cases and hospitalizations. My area still has mandates in place outside of schools too. I just got a notification from the school about covid cases yesterday. Until that ends, people care. Just on varying levels.

Now someone tell me how much gas is in central Florida so I won't have a heart attack next week 🙃
As I said, I am pretty confident I have a good pulse on the concerns of the country as a whole right now. I am not giving anyone a hard time about it so I am unsure why I need to cut people slack.

DisneyDebRob

Pretty confident that they all are important on varying levels. Again what you feel isn't a concern still is for many. You can be concerned about more than one thing at once. Covid is still bad in some areas. Cut people slack and realize they all aren't like you or where you live. People still care. If you don't think it's an issue why post? This doesn't affect you.

People still have to test to go to certain places for travel. We still are mandated to wear masks on public transportation. We still are closely monitoring cases and hospitalizations. My area still has mandates in place outside of schools too. I just got a notification from the school about covid cases yesterday. Until that ends, people care. Just on varying levels.

Now someone tell me how much gas is in central Florida so I won't have a heart attack next week 🙃
I would put the war at the top of the list. Thats just heartbreaking.. but COVID is second probably. The other things we have to make adjustments to what we do and how we live.. basically what we have been doing for the ladt few years.

Ayla

Gotta love mansplaining right away in the morning. :rolleyes:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I would put the war at the top of the list. Thats just heartbreaking.. but COVID is second probably. The other things we have to make adjustments to what we do and how we live.. basically what we have been doing for the ladt few years.
According to a Quinnipiac poll 3 weeks ago, COVID was third. Inflation was first. This was 3 weeks ago. (You can point back to January when economic concerns starting outpacing COVID in polling, AP did one). And what has happened in the last 3 weeks since that Quinnipiac poll was released? COVID has gotten better and everything else related to inflation and the economy has gotten worse. AND the war started.

Lilofan

If we want to be honest, at this point, no one gives a crap about COVID. Why would people when they are staring at record inflation, record gas prices, and a war in Europe? I posted about cases yesterday, then shortly after realized that was the least of my concerns...
I read a report that 42% of Americans have added more debt to their credit cards last year during Covid. They could be staring at high pricing but some probably just don’t care.

correcaminos

Gotta love mansplaining right away in the morning. :rolleyes:
This one I didn't take as such. We'll have to agree to disagree on the next statement but in the IT world I am so used to mansplaining or other people mansplaining to me about my own cultures for example. This was not it.

As I said, I am pretty confident I have a good pulse on the concerns of the country as a whole right now. I am not giving anyone a hard time about it so I am unsure why I need to cut people slack.
And I'm very confident your biases are clouding reality. Let's be blunt honest, your care was not as strong as the average person anyway which leads to bias. Agree to disagree and move on.
$4.35 at the Walmart on 192 this morning.
Wow! Thanks. Plan to not care and fill up at the gas station right before you enter the airport coming from 417. Glad I don't fill up now. We've been using my EV more and more.
I think for each person it will vary as I said. It is totally heartbreaking for sure. I won't begin to rank. Some younger people are so used to war they're numb to it. Crazy to think about but I won’t judge anyone for rankings so to speak.

correcaminos

Polling backs my position.
No it doesn't

A few points

• Fewer are concerned about COVID-19 than in early February (64% vs. 73%).
  • Risk perceptions of activities like gathering in person with friends and family or dining in at a restaurant have dropped significantly since early February.
  • Four in ten (40%) believe returning to their pre-coronavirus life poses a large or moderate risk to their health (down 16 percentage points compared to early February).
  • Roughly one in three (32%) indicate they are wearing a mask at all times when outside the home, a decline of 9 percentage points versus three weeks ago.
Take away. People are relaxing but majority still are moderately concerned. People still do give a crap no matter what you think.

So let's do one final time
Agree to disagree and move on. Trust me I'm moving on from this argument.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No it doesn't

A few points

• Fewer are concerned about COVID-19 than in early February (64% vs. 73%).
  • Risk perceptions of activities like gathering in person with friends and family or dining in at a restaurant have dropped significantly since early February.
  • Four in ten (40%) believe returning to their pre-coronavirus life poses a large or moderate risk to their health (down 16 percentage points compared to early February).
  • Roughly one in three (32%) indicate they are wearing a mask at all times when outside the home, a decline of 9 percentage points versus three weeks ago.
Take away. People are relaxing but majority still are moderately concerned. People still do give a crap no matter what you think.

So let's do one final time
Agree to disagree and move on. Trust me I'm moving on from this argument.
You are pointing to a poll specific to COVID, and ignoring the ranking of concerns in polls done by Quinnipiac, AP and NBC?
It is pretty clear where the mind of the general public is right now. I am not sure why it is so hard to admit that COVID has fallen off...I am not asking you or the public to not care about COVID as much as other things. People already don't have it as a top concern. And it continues to drop due to other more pressing factors. This is the reality of where the public is at the moment.

correcaminos

You are pointing to a poll specific to COVID, and ignoring the ranking of concerns in polls done by Quinnipiac, AP and NBC?
It is pretty clear where the mind of the general public is right now. I am not sure why it is so hard to admit that COVID has fallen off...I am not asking you or the public to not care about COVID as much as other things. People already don't have it as a top concern. And it continues to drop due to other more pressing factors. This is the reality of where the public is at the moment.
You need to read what you say and what I say in response. You said, and I quote
If we want to be honest, at this point, no one gives a crap about COVID.
. They do. End of story. Where it falls doesn't matter as they still care.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyDebRob

According to a Quinnipiac poll 3 weeks ago, COVID was third. Inflation was first. This was 3 weeks ago. (You can point back to January when economic concerns starting outpacing COVID in polling, AP did one). And what has happened in the last 3 weeks since that Quinnipiac poll was released? COVID has gotten better and everything else related to inflation and the economy has gotten worse. AND the war started.
Not questioning what ever poll you are referring too, was speaking for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom