News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Sir_Cliff

I think it already showed up on the right side of this concept art. Looks like a central circular pool with three rectangular pools radiating out around it facing north.

View attachment 624623
Good lord, how many years now have they spent building that? As @ToTBellHop said, though, they likely just painted something in there and decided they'd figure out the specifics later. Still waiting for any hint of what those specifics might be!

Bob Fountain makes more sense. It’s a timeless name!
Fountain of Bobs could be a worthy successor to Fountain of nations. Bob I. and Bob C. could each fill up a jug of water at home and tip them in to the fountain at the inauguration ceremony.

ToTBellHop

You know, when the few respectable Imagineers remaining hear that Bob is stopping by for a little chat, they text each other “WatchOut4TheBlob” so I expect some clever symbolism in the World Celebration Blob. Nothing upstairs. Not much downstairs. Makes fans weep. Soul-less. Basically just a vessel holding water. Almost immediately breaks and then stays there a further 20 years not doing its job.

James Alucobond

Good lord, how many years now have they spent building that? As @ToTBellHop said, though, they likely just painted something in there and decided they'd figure out the specifics later. Still waiting for any hint of what those specifics might be!
I have no doubt they could finish the center quickly if they were so inclined. It’s just that there’s not much point in doing so until at least Connections is open. If they did it before then, they’d be cutting off a quarter of the worksite from rest areas, portable facilities, equipment, etc.

Sir_Cliff

I have no doubt they could finish the center quickly if they were so inclined. It’s just that there’s not much point in doing so until at least Connections is open. If they did it before then, they’d be cutting off a quarter of the worksite from rest areas, portable facilities, equipment, etc.
Do they really have to do everything piece by piece, though? I understand the temporary MouseGear was a complicating factor for completing Connections at the same time as Creations, but from the looks of it only once they (eventually) finish Connections will they seriously get around to working on the central area. That, no doubt, will take the better part of 2022, if not stretch into 2023. Couldn't that have all been finished more or less around the same time? According to our insiders, they were never planning to have Moana ready before 2023 and that is certainly plodding along. It's just a huge and central part of the park to leave as a pile of dirt for years on end.

Such a different mentality from when they were reworking DCA for its relaunch.

CJR

James Alucobond

Do they really have to do everything piece by piece, though? I understand the temporary MouseGear was a complicating factor for completing Connections at the same time as Creations, but from the looks of it only once they (eventually) finish Connections will they seriously get around to working on the central area. That, no doubt, will take the better part of 2022, if not stretch into 2023. Couldn't that have all been finished more or less around the same time? According to our insiders, they were never planning to have Moana ready before 2023 and that is certainly plodding along. It's just a huge and central part of the park to leave as a pile of dirt for years on end.

Such a different mentality from when they were reworking DCA for its relaunch.
I mean, they just shouldn’t have done what they did in general, IMO. Not that I have any sort of expertise in scheduling construction, but I would’ve moved the temporary MouseGear to the west building and rehabbed the east building with everything else still open. Then they could raze the west building and work on Journey and the center, followed by the festival area.

ToTBellHop

Connections is opening soon, however. I would guess the waterfalls are a year away. Mind-boggling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom