News D23 Expo 2022

fradz

My predictions:
1. Splash Mountain is not mentioned, unless it's the closing date for either coast.
2. EPCOT praise (Since GOTG and Rat will both be open)
3. Dinoland/ Primeval replacement
4. New AK night show to replace WOL
5. Stitch replacement announced
Not a bad guess. Also for international parks "more details on what we are currently building in ..."

Lilofan

Assuming that project continues to move forward.
The triton class cruise ship Disney Wish is under construction in Germany with the maiden voyage scheduled for summer 2022 going to the Bahamas but with the current state of world affairs, I would be not surprised for delays.

seascape

The triton class cruise ship Disney Wish is under construction in Germany with the maiden voyage scheduled for summer 2022 going to the Bahamas but with the current state of world affairs, I would be not surprised for delays.
There is no reason for a delay. The covid numbers are dropping like a rock. By the time the free covid tests are delivered the number of cases in the US will be down atleast 50%. By summer the numbers will be in back in single digits in the vast majority of states.

Lilofan

There is no reason for a delay. The covid numbers are dropping like a rock. By the time the free covid tests are delivered the number of cases in the US will be down atleast 50%. By summer the numbers will be in back in single digits in the vast majority of states.
That's not the whole story. CFO Christine advised in conference that the Disney Wish would be delayed because of supply chain issues. The Wish was supposed to be brought stateside in 2021 so now it is being pushed to 2022 with the maiden voyage perhaps in the summer 2022. With covid numbers dropping like a rock , supply chain issues still exist for all to see.

JoeCamel

How is Germany doing?

ger.PNG

peter11435

I’m well aware of the progress on the wish. It’s ships number 6 and 7 I’m referring to.

Kobe!!

I don't know much about this expo but have always wanted to go. Should I buy tickets now or will this be for sale in a few months / at the door the day of? Thanks in advance.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
I don't know much about this expo but have always wanted to go. Should I buy tickets now or will this be for sale in a few months / at the door the day of? Thanks in advance.
Definitely buy in advance. The 3-day passes will sell out. Also, as soon as they post the schedule, whichever day the parks presentation is on will sell out of one-day passes. That’s what happened last time anyways.

Kobe!!

Definitely buy in advance. The 3-day passes will sell out. Also, as soon as they post the schedule, whichever day the parks presentation is on will sell out of one-day passes. That’s what happened last time anyways.
When should we expect that to be posted?

RSoxNo1

Definitely buy tickets in advance.

The parks presentation isn't the reason a day sells out, it's historically been one or more movies presentations. In the last few Expos, they have consolidated live action and animated movies into a single presentation and done that on the same day as Parks and Resorts.

Parks and Resorts is a presentation that's substantially easier to get into than Live Action Movies / Movies in General. In 2019, the Disney+ presentation was a little bit easier to get into as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this year, Disney+ is also very tough to get into.

As for schedule announcements, As of June 6th of 2019 the following offerings were announced for the August 23-25th Expo of that year:

• Disney Legends - Friday
  • Disney+ - Friday
  • Disney Live Action Movies - Saturday (This ultimately was changed to a general movies presentation)
  • Disney Parks, Experiences and Products - Sunday
I did date stamped updates that year, so you can see how the info trickles out:

BrianLo

I did not get a preferred seat ticket *whomp whomp*.

Saturday 1-day tickets have sold out too I believe already for this year. They can be gotten through 3-days though for the moment.

I actually think Saturday just sells out in general because at the end of the day this is primarily a conference driven by local attendance. I'm certain there is healthy out of town for sure, but it's mostly local Anaheim Passholders.

The one interesting tidbit they don't seem to be advertising is that attendees get some sort of discount of Disneyland tickets in the date range of Sept 6-17. No idea what the discount will be, but it opens in May and closes for ticket sales just prior to the conference.

peng

Doing Saturday and Sunday because of college and nothing really happens on day 1. I really wish this was in the summer and I feel that this is going to get scaled back/cancelled, but then again Disney doesn't really care about COVID anymore (that and nothing usually happens on Friday, Disney+ stuff will be lame anyways). Any tips from you guys, this is my first time, and any advice would be good.

Casper Gutman

My predictions:
1. Splash Mountain is not mentioned, unless it's the closing date for either coast.
2. EPCOT praise (Since GOTG and Rat will both be open)
3. Dinoland/ Primeval replacement
4. New AK night show to replace WOL
5. Stitch replacement announced
I think you are right about 1 and 2. If we are very lucky, we might get ONE of 3, 4, and 5.

I don't know how they react to EU. Logic says they must counter, but for more then a decade their Disney's governing philosophy has been that Universal is no threat to them, even in the face of Potter, and they don't need to acknowledge anything the other resort does. Top executives might be so egotistically married to this idea that EU might actually DISCOURAGE them from acknowledging it by building new attractions. As a middle ground, they might want to save up any announcements for closer to EU's opening date, feeling the announcement ITSELF is a counter to actual rides at Universal. This is kind of how they operated with Tron and Guardians.

LondonTom

Going back for my second one! :D Got a 3 day pass this time, as last time we only ended up doing Friday and Saturday (partly to get HM in before the overlay closure) and I did feel a bit sad we wasn't there on the Sunday, just to hang out and that.

The 3 Day and Saturday tickets that sold out interestingly were the full priced versions rather than D23 gold discounted ones. (I guess maybe Disney reserved more tickets for gold members initially, would have thought it would have been the other way around, I am sure they will get pushed over to full priced eventually)

doctornick

I’m well aware of the progress on the wish. It’s ships number 6 and 7 I’m referring to.

Aren't they already in the process of being built? If there is already a significant sunk cost, it would be tough to not proceed unless the are extremely bear-ish on the future of the cruise market. I suppose if they haven't started yet then not building one of them would be plausible.

Also, what is the stats of Lighthouse Point? Is that being actively developed or is it in a holding pattern?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom