News D23 Expo 2022

BrianLo

What day would give me the most bang for the buck? Saturday?

Friday in 2019 had both the Legends Panel and the D+ Panel.

Saturday was Movies and Sunday was Parks. I think that's how it went at least.

As a general admission (non-Gold member) without the Stage Pass luck of the draw I was somehow able to get into the back of the Legends Panel and bail a minute or two early to also make the line for the D+ panel. It depends on what you are after. Albeit this was 2019 and I really don't think we had any expectation for the D+ panel to be as big as It was.

Merch would probably be less picked over on Friday, but also command longer lines since it doesn't seem like this year they are letting people in on Thursday. Saturday also sold out. I have to imagine the majority of D23 attendees are still Anaheim locals. Probably more so than an average park day.

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Merch - so you can let the world know you attended the thing where they announced the stuff.* 🙄

*that may or may not ever come to pass.
*Stuff that will be completed in time for the WDW 100th. Pre order your exclusive seating for the virtual nighttime spectacular in front of the castle only by cruising on the Halcyon**

**Extra fees may apply

prberk

Anyone remember what the admission fees were in the last three or so events? I want to compare prices, but I can’t quite remember.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone remember what the admission fees were in the last three or so events? I want to compare prices, but I can’t quite remember.

Parker41056

What's the best case scenario for the parks? Do we get any big announcements ? I think Epic Universe will force the conversation somewhat. My hopeful announcements for the Florida parks:

1) Major new addition to DAK that will include Dinoland attraction replacement project and possibly a new land with a new E-ticket,
2) EPCOT overhaul news. What becomes of the Festival Center. Updates on Moana and Play Pavilion and possibly a new surprise attraction or reimagining such as Poppins or Jouney into Imagination,
3) Hollywood studios may get an announcement about Imagination Coutyard. Maybe a East Coast Pixar Pier, Car Land, or Monsters. Also expect and update in Fantasmic 2.0.
4) Wouldn't expect much at Magic Kingdom. News on Splash refurb and new 100 year show. Wild card would be Stitch replacement and overhaul to the Motor Speedway making them electric.

Surferboy567

What's the best case scenario for the parks? Do we get any big announcements ? I think Epic Universe will force the conversation somewhat. My hopeful announcements for the Florida parks:

1) Major new addition to DAK that will include Dinoland attraction replacement project and possibly a new land with a new E-ticket,
2) EPCOT overhaul news. What becomes of the Festival Center. Updates on Moana and Play Pavilion and possibly a new surprise attraction or reimagining such as Poppins or Jouney into Imagination,
3) Hollywood studios may get an announcement about Imagination Coutyard. Maybe a East Coast Pixar Pier, Car Land, or Monsters. Also expect and update in Fantasmic 2.0.
4) Wouldn't expect much at Magic Kingdom. News on Splash refurb and new 100 year show. Wild card would be Stitch replacement and overhaul to the Motor Speedway making them electric.
I really don’t know what their next move is going to be. It is clear though that they need something to combat Epic Universe. Surely, they will have to announce something at the expo. Once TRON, and Guardians open they have no NEW attractions in the pipeline other then Splash Mountain Refurb (which is a retheme).

I can see #1 on your list being the most likely option. AK needs another major attraction. #2 is a tossup but I would like to see that happen. We will probably hear more about the overhaul as a whole. I’m not sure about any ”surprise” attractions but it would be nice and something EPCOT needs.

#3 I don’t think is happening at all since we just got a major re-do of the studios. As much as I would like more new attractions it’s probably going to be a while. I want to be wrong on this though. One thing I can see happening for this park though is that Rock N Roll is announced to be re-themed. Beyond that though, I don’t see much happening here maybe something with animation courtyard but that’s a long shot.

#4 I agree.

RSoxNo1

The state of the world over the next 8 months will swing this wildly.

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be a Parks and Resorts presentation, but it very well may be a non-event presentation if things don't change in the world we live in.

The other factor here is that the Expo is very close to fiscal year end. That could mean any number of things. In theory it could mean budgets are approved for the next fiscal year and increase the likelihood of announcements.

If there are no new attraction announcements, I would still expect an updated EPCOT model or concept art to appear either on exhibit or as part of the presentation. This would likely showcase the World Celebration overhaul, the PLAY! Pavilion and Journey of Water. In that world, I wouldn't expect anything further.

As for things that would potentially be on the table, I'd be surprised if Mary Poppins is back on the table. SSE would surprise me less, as would the Festival / Events pavilion. A Dinorama replacement would absolutely be welcome, as would an Imagination and Seas update / overhaul.

I'd love to see a re-announcement of the Magic Kingdom theater as well as replacements for some of the shows in DHS.

JMcMahonEsq

If we were prone to speculation (and lets face it we are on a message board) does anyone think there is a place, domestically, to place any of the proposed international expansions, like Zootoptia in Shanghai, or Frozen land from DLP?

I don't see either really working in MK, but I don't have a great feel which if any of the other parks are a good fit either. I am not sure of the land scenario but I could potentially see HS as a landing spot for either, with the overall "theme" of HS being mini lands based upon their own movie worlds. TS land, GE, ect.

peng

You know what I am going to do a best/most likely case one:
Best: MK gets something new in celebration of the 100th (in addition to splash, a stitch replacement and improvements to the speedway as that is never going away), Epcot gets something else added (either a JII or seas update), more details on fantasy springs/zootopia on international parks, disneyland gets something else too (something that replaces fantasyland theater).
Most likely: Reminders moana is coming, play and splash replacements get vague opening announcements, too much time is spent on target stuff/the cruise line/merch again and another upcharge thing gets sneaked by. No new rides like Destination D.

I really don't see disney doing anything to get around Epic Universe, maybe a decade ago they might, but the current management is uninterested in investing in the parks.

Crazydisneyfanluke

My predictions:
1. Splash Mountain is not mentioned, unless it's the closing date for either coast.
2. EPCOT praise (Since GOTG and Rat will both be open)
3. Dinoland/ Primeval replacement
4. New AK night show to replace WOL
5. Stitch replacement announced
I only expect #2 for a brief minute. The main focus will be on the 100 year anniversary of the company and how it will be better than WDW 50th.

michmousefan

Been to the last four Expos... but I think I'll pass on this one; just not as enthused about the company under Chapek's direction, plus not thrilled about the concept of three days inside the convention center masked. Besides, if most of the big panel presentations end up being live-streamed... not a lot of reason to go other than merch. And as much of a Marvel fan as I am, I think I'll wait until Avenger's Campus is fully built out (I realize that might be several Expos from now...).

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Been to the last four Expos... but I think I'll pass on this one; just not as enthused about the company under Chapek's direction, plus not thrilled about the concept of three days inside the convention center masked. Besides, if most of the big panel presentations end up being live-streamed... not a lot of reason to go other than merch. And as much of a Marvel fan as I am, I think I'll wait until Avenger's Campus is fully built out (I realize that might be several Expos from now...).
We’ve gone to the last couple of expos too. Sitting out this year as well, it’s become a madhouse. Each year the experience becomes less and less enjoyable.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've gone to the last couple of Expos and had a lot of fun. I would love to go to this one too but I'll have to sit this one out. The dates just don't work well with it being the start of a school year, and I couldn't add any Disneyland days to the trip. Maybe they will move it back to July like the first one I went to in 2017, that worked well with my teacher schedule. I just hope they live stream some of the smaller presentations and not just the big ones.

BrianLo

Does anyone know how quickly the Sorcerer's pass sold out in Expo's past?

I think it went pretty quickly. Granted the Sorcerers Pass was for scalpers (of D23 merchandise), primarily.

The Visa pre-sale for just the regular tickets is somewhat pointless. Saturday and 3-day tickets sold out, but certainly not the first day.

Last edited:

Gaston's gal

My daughter & I went in 2013, 2015 & 2017. As much as we enjoyed seeing the stars, the merchandise, the exhibits and the presentations, it became more and more unorganized each time. The wait times to do anything got worse each expo. It was a difficult decision, but decided to not go in 2019. I cannot emphasize how much we enjoyed going, but how the event was managed was very inefficient. Also, you can find out any information almost as quickly as the audience finds out. It isn't worth the mismanagement of this event to us so we won't be going again. I really do miss going, I just hate how the crowds are handled.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Pretty sure for DLR we will here about Disneyland Forward getting the green light if it does and some timelines on said project. Maybe we could hear about what will replace HollywoodLand (I feel that will be one of the first areas redeveloped) as well but that ties into what I said above. Maybe an update on the Avengers E Ticket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom