News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

celluloid

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century. There is no evidence that he actually said it. Early examples of its use are found among gamblers and confidence tricksters.

Sorry JPH.
Supposedly said by a rival of his when they went to see Pat's gag over his and they asked what people thought of Pat's getting more attention.

Touchdown

Only Mickey bar I’ve had in park since I was five was during DAH events when it was included in the ticket. Other then drinks, Epcot festival stuff, and a once a trip afternoon in the Cantina I rarely buy anything outside of my table service meal a day. There I’ll have a much better meal, usually dessert, and load up on water and soda while at my table to stay hydrated. You folks who buy turkey legs, Mickey bars etc I’ll never understand.

J4546

if your going to any all day park you should get a nice water bottle. It will keep water ice cold all day, you can fill it for free at bottle filling stations and fountains, and best of all its so much healthier than soda. Im done preaching.

mickey0825

Disney raises prices again $6.25 Mickey Bar their greed knows no bounds. You can get a package of 6 at Walmart for $6.78 but you don't get that magical experience I read so much about on these forums. I have eaten these and see no difference
$5 for a bottled soda is....ridiculous.
took the kids to see Spider-Man two weeks ago
3 tickets - $36.00
Large popcorn $9.75
Twizzlers - $5.50
2sodas - $13.00

Took my son to NHL game last month.
2 tickets $200
Pretzel - $7,50
2 sodas - $15.00

If anyone thinks Disney is any higher than any other entertainment venue, they’re just naive or don’t do much other than Disney. Prices are ridiculous everywhere

G00fyDad

if your going to any all day park you should get a nice water bottle. It will keep water ice cold all day, you can fill it for free at bottle filling stations and fountains, and best of all its so much healthier than soda. Im done preaching.
We do that and then we take some drink enhancers with us to give it some flavor.
R.jpeg.jpg

G00fyDad

3 tickets - $36.00
Large popcorn $9.75
Twizzlers - $5.50
2sodas - $13.00

2 tickets $200
Pretzel - $7,50
2 sodas - $15.00

If anyone thinks Disney is any higher than any other entertainment venue, they’re just naive or don’t do much other than Disney. Prices are ridiculous everywhere
FWIW, most people don't spend 7 to 14 days in a ballpark.

John park hopper

3 tickets - $36.00
Large popcorn $9.75
Twizzlers - $5.50
2sodas - $13.00

2 tickets $200
Pretzel - $7,50
2 sodas - $15.00

Apples to oranges both venues you cite have to make their money in short amount of time with a far far far less crowd than Disney which is open 365 days a year and 10 hours a day

UNCgolf

WDW is now priced with vacations like Europe and Hawaii. It’s not whether we can afford it, it’s whether we’d rather go to WDW or Europe, with current travel restrictions we don’t really have a choice, next year we will though.

If a week at WDW and a week in London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, etc. was going to cost roughly the same, there would be no reason for me to ever go to WDW. However, I can drive to Disney in 7-8 hours, so I don't have to buy plane tickets. Even as Disney prices rise it's still nowhere near as expensive for me as international travel.

With that said, I don't go to Disney that often. I've been twice in the past decade and don't have any current plans for another trip. If management doesn't turn around and get the parks headed in the right direction (as opposed to the near constant decline over the past 10-15 years), I may not ever go again.

Vegas Disney Fan

If a week at WDW and a week in London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, etc. was going to cost roughly the same, there would be no reason for me to ever go to WDW. However, I can drive to Disney in 7-8 hours, so I don't have to buy plane tickets. Even as Disney prices rise it's still nowhere near as expensive for me as international travel.

With that said, I don't go to Disney that often. I've been twice in the past decade and don't have any current plans for another trip. If management doesn't turn around and get the parks headed in the right direction (as opposed to the near constant decline over the past 10-15 years), I may not ever go again.
I don’t think Disney will ever lose us entirely, we enjoy the parks too much, but DL is dangerously close to losing us as key holders, we probably spend $15,000 a year at DL alone so if we change our monthly trips to one trip a year that’s a big chunk of change.

We’ll probably take more frequent trips to WDW, Aulani, DL Paris, DCL, etc so it’ll offset the losses a bit but a lot of our former Disney money will inevitably go to other destinations also.

A few thousand dollars lost here, a few thousand dollars lost there and Disney may realize they’re killing the golden goose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom