News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

sullyinMT

Just not understanding the pain in people's wallets here. Food prices are increasing all over, not just in theme parks but in grocery stores.
Most of these increases are on junk food items that should never be classified as food. 😆
It’s not just the increases. Yes, my groceries cost more, too. But this isn’t beef prices increasing by whatever % they’ve gone up this month.

This is the death by 1,000 cuts that TDO has been applying to the parks for the last 2 years (at least sped up on that time). During a week when they can’t provide the themed packaging in their newest land and without preemptive guest recovery, they stick it to us with this on top.

I can afford the extra $2 per entree or whatever. Most of us posting here probably can, too. But added up over all guests ordering entrees, and WDW revenues increase way more than their grocery costs. Those new revenues won’t trickle down to CM wages, new and maintained attractions (after this bout of Epcot and Tron construction wraps), or anything of the sort. They’ll be used for the quarterly call and to pad dividends and executive wallets.

Ayla

I know. I understand things change but for the amount of money that gets dropped on a vacation to WDW we really should be getting more for our money. I am already planning our trip for next year. Hawaii. And it is less money than this year's WDW trip.
We're going to Hawaii this month and I can't imagine dropping the amount of money at WDW we are spending to go to Hawaii.

Club Cooloholic

Hmm I smell the return of the Dining Plan to justify those snack credits being a good value. "see honey we saved $15 on these snacks"(which are worth about 5 dollars.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's... exactly my point.
I have no idea what your point is then.. when you link an article whose headline is
"Inflation has taken away all the wage gains for workers and then some"

Which is a bit non-sensical in the discussion related to Disney hourly wages... which are not only increasing 0.5% which is the data the article is based upon.

TikibirdLand

e6bc2d9be963ecd14c32f99420dca201.jpg
I didn't know that Funyuns are in the same food group as Cheesy Doodles. I used to enjoy going to Disney. Now, I just buy Funyuns. Every bag contains your maximum daily allowance of Fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom