News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

eliza61nyc

Again they have to make their money in a limited amount of time with far less paying customers and NYC is ridiculously expensive
Leave it as agree to disagree
That's why I generally just read these type of threads, lol I live in NYC and Philly. I've been paying 4 bucks for a coke since Jesus was a boy.
We have a 6c an ounce sugar tax on beverages, so a 20 ounce bottle of soda has 1.20 extra cost on it. A bottle of coke can be anywhere from 3-5 bucks depending on where you buy it.
Went to cheesecake factory a few weeks ago and we spent about 80 bucks per person, no dessert and no booze.
I never did the mickey bar thing after the first trip so can't comment on the quality

In general I've always assume tourist spot prices are ridiculously jacked up.

😆 the one upside in living in a HCOL area.

Anyhoo" I just shelled out 9.75 for a pound of bacon so my perspective is skewed

We're heading to Iceland next month, never been before but I heard that it's crazy expensive there and I do know the plane tickets were a heck of a lot more than it cost me to get to Disney

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

True, it‘s just another quarter… the problem is that’s on top of a few hundred more for tickets, a few hundred more for hotels, a few hundred more for transportation, a few hundred more for dining… it adds up quick, the exact same vacation that was $3000 a couple years ago is $5000 today.

WDW is now priced with vacations like Europe and Hawaii. It’s not whether we can afford it, it’s whether we’d rather go to WDW or Europe, with current travel restrictions we don’t really have a choice, next year we will though.
??? Where? I'm heading to Iceland next month and I assure you the flight alone for 3 people is more than Disney.

Anybody ever been, this is my first time?

Vegas Disney Fan

??? Where? I'm heading to Iceland next month and I assure you the flight alone for 3 people is more than Disney.

Flights are pretty expensive right now, our first flight to London Gatwick was $600 each from LAX (I miss Norwegian Air), and then we took two more trips into Charles De Gaulle in Paris for about $700 each (Delta and Air France).

Our typical flight to Orlando is in the $400-500 range so it’s not exactly the same but an extra couple hundred in flights isn’t a deal breaker for us. Once we land the hotels, food, etc are all comparable in price to WDW.

Last edited:

Chomama

Flights are pretty expensive right now, our first flight to London Gatwick was $600 each from LAX (I miss Norwegian Air), and then we took two more trips into Charles De Gaulle in Paris for about $700 each (Delta and Air France).

Our typical flight to Orlando is in the $400-500 range so it’s not exactly the same but an extra couple hundred in flights isn’t a deal breaker for us. Once we land the hotels, food, etc are all comparable in price to WDW.
Agree. We have to fly to london from Atlanta next summer for a family wedding that has been delayed twice due to cold. $1200 a person and we have 6 in our immediate family. That said, once we get there the prices are way less. Staying for 36 days for less than two weeks at Disney, flights aside.

Vegas Disney Fan

Agree. We have to fly to london from Atlanta next summer for a family wedding that has been delayed twice due to cold. $1200 a person and we have 6 in our immediate family. That said, once we get there the prices are way less. Staying for 36 days for less than two weeks at Disney, flights aside.
36 days? I’m jealous!

That’s equal to our 3 trips combined. Our first was 14 days and was exhausting, it was meant to be a once in a lifetime trip so we crammed everything in we possibly could, we ended up loving Europe so much we started planning our second trip on the plane ride home. The second trip we decided to take it easy so we only went 10 days but it felt like it was over before it even began,
the 3rd trip we compromised on 12 days and we found that was a nice mix of not quite exhausting but still left us wishing we could stay longer.

We’d love to move and spend a few years in Europe, based out of Paris or London, but the prices make US cities seem cheap in comparison.

matt9112

My point is that the park prices are no more expensive than anywhere else.

They are...because nowhere else are you stuck inside the bubble for a week or more. Did you have to eat breakfast lunch and dinner at the hockey game? Dosen't sound like you did. Did the game take 3 days to complete snd were you forced to buy a ticket each day? Could you drive home after the game ? Or did you not have your car and have to go sleep at the teams personal hotel?

The prices are comparable in a vacuum with zero context. But in real life neither are true.

Side note- a hockey game has value....traveling to paris has value as some posters have mentioned here...going to broadway....has value those things are all things that are unique amazing experiences. Disney world is not in the same conversation...

Awaits people trying to tell me visiting disney world is just like visiting paris.

Last edited:

matt9112

I paid 39.99 per person from MCO to BOS right before christmas.

eliza61nyc

They are...because nowhere else are you stuck inside the bubble for a week or more. Did you have to eat breakfast lunch and dinner at the hockey game? Dosen't sound like you did. Did the game take 3 days to complete snd were you forced to buy a ticket each day? Could you drive home after the game ? Or did you not have your car and have to go sleep at the teams personal hotel?

The prices are comparable in a vacuum with zero context. But in real life neither are true.

Side note- a hockey game has value....traveling to paris has value as some posters have mentioned here...going to broadway....has value those things are all things that are unique amazing experiences. Disney world is not in the same conversation...

Awaits people trying to tell me visiting disney world is just like visiting paris.
See I think that's not an accurate evaluation. Most people (especially according to this board) DON'T eat all three meals in the park and if you have a car you're more likely to go offsite. I don't think most folks eat three meals a day, every day for 7-10 days

I think real life is some where in the middle. People who go to sporting events do go out to eat after and people who go to sporting events generally go to more than 1. No its not back to back to back but let's say over the course of 6 months?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

You guys are ruthless. For all we know, she was relaxing for a few seconds before standing erect again. She doesn’t look especially young and is surely allowed a moment of rest before getting on with what I imagine is a pretty thankless job.
The “Disney Difference.”

If she needs to be seated, they have chairs as an appropriate accommodation and no one would find that inappropriate in any way.

John park hopper

My younger son and a bunch of his friends flew to Iceland (pre covid) and they rented campers and travelled all around. Pictures were amazing he said it could be sunny and warm and then cold and snowing within hours. You should have a great time with the current wave of covid is the trip still a go?

ChrisRobin124

That's why I generally just read these type of threads, lol I live in NYC and Philly. I've been paying 4 bucks for a coke since Jesus was a boy.
We have a 6c an ounce sugar tax on beverages, so a 20 ounce bottle of soda has 1.20 extra cost on it. A bottle of coke can be anywhere from 3-5 bucks depending on where you buy it.
Went to cheesecake factory a few weeks ago and we spent about 80 bucks per person, no dessert and no booze.
I never did the mickey bar thing after the first trip so can't comment on the quality

In general I've always assume tourist spot prices are ridiculously jacked up.

😆 the one upside in living in a HCOL area.

Anyhoo" I just shelled out 9.75 for a pound of bacon so my perspective is skewed

We're heading to Iceland next month, never been before but I heard that it's crazy expensive there and I do know the plane tickets were a heck of a lot more than it cost me to get to Disney
Wow! $80 per person at Cheesecake Factory with no drinks or dessert? We spend $100 for 2 at lunch with 2 alcoholic drinks each. Are you having the Cheesecake Factory lobster and filet combo?

kevlightyear

took the kids to see Spider-Man two weeks ago
3 tickets - $36.00
Large popcorn $9.75
Twizzlers - $5.50
2sodas - $13.00

Took my son to NHL game last month.
2 tickets $200
Pretzel - $7,50
2 sodas - $15.00

If anyone thinks Disney is any higher than any other entertainment venue, they’re just naive or don’t do much other than Disney. Prices are ridiculous everywhere
Ooof, you overpaid, my friend.

I'll never understand people who buy drinks and food at movies. You can't wait 2 hours?

Goofyernmost

Higher cost of a Mickey Bar... that tears it. I now officially have no need to go back. I can get the mini-me size from my local grocery store. Fewer calories, same taste and design and more of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom