News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

MrPromey

Good read!

He really does see himself as a Creative among creatives. He sees himself in “a focus group every day”. With 30 years' experience, wouldn't he be able to guess what the typical guest wants? It's not the current iteration of Genie+. It isn't Fast Pass+. It's actual creativity! Oh, and capacity to enjoy that creativity! (forgot about that; so has he)
Yeah, I'd say his actions as CEO speak way louder than this fluff piece.

That said, it's the first article I've seen him quoted in since the various controversies began.

Guess it shouldn't be surprising that it's entirely favorable to him. I imagine at this point he would only agree to be interviewed with assurances and probably veto control over the final piece.

JoeCamel

That said, it's the first article I've seen him quoted in since the various controversies began.

Guess it shouldn't be surprising that it's entirely favorable to him. I imagine at this point he would only agree to be interviewed with assurances and probably veto control over the final piece.
I would imagine his pr arranged for this piece

ImperfectPixie

Yeah...that whole article is laughable. He's about as creative as a paperweight.

Robbiem

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top. That "smile" looks like it's hurting him. His suit's even the right color ;) :

EDIT: for those not interested in a very long article:

View attachment 606587

Gists of the article is Bob's a real boy - a real creative boy who's proven his creativity and love of his customers from his time with the parks. He's just not Hollwood and is misunderstood. 🙄
my favourite quote:

Iger . . . will tell you what you want to hear, whether it’s what he is going to do or not. Chapek will be much more straightforward.”

interesting way to describe both Bobs in one sentence

ImperfectPixie

my favourite quote:

Iger . . . will tell you what you want to hear, whether it’s what he is going to do or not. Chapek will be much more straightforward.”

interesting way to describe both Bobs in one sentence
I've said it before - Iger was good at being a sneaky sleazebag. Chapek just doesn't give a crap if you know he's a sleazebag.

MarvelCharacterNerd

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top. That "smile" looks like it's hurting him. His suit's even the right color ;) :

View attachment 606587

Gists of the article is Bob's a real boy - a real creative boy who's proven his creativity and love of his customers from his time with the parks. He's just not Hollwood and is misunderstood. 🙄
Oh, did the new PR guy start his job already?

Cesar R M

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top.

That "smile" looks like it's hurting him.

His suit's even the right color ;) :

View attachment 606587

Well he's def "irking" the talent.

JoeCamel

Well, honestly, some puff pieces like this are a little overdue from his perspective.

It's been a little surprising to watch him/the people around him allow a certain narrative to develop around him with little pushback.
Yeah, for a media company you would think they could control the narrative or maybe there is more infighting than has come to light.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
An interesting piece and I do appreciate getting to know a little bit about him and what makes him tick. And I definitely can see how being thrust into CEO shortly before a lockdown is extremely difficult to handle.
Unfortunately I don’t know enough about the film industry to really analyze the article. Let’s see them do a PR spin article about the parks strategy….

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Irked.

The talent now seems to have been satisfied. ScarJo has two new Disney products lined up. Dwayne, Blunt, and Stone are already signed on for sequels (with Dwayne also getting a separate producer gig from Disney). Holland's got three more movies. Big name talent (Cheadle, Jackson, Isaac) seems more than eager to do ""TV"" on D+ series.

If Chapek has the right studio heads in place, he doesn't necessarily have to be the big schmoozer. He just needs to show he's not going to get in their way at a bare minimum.

Cesar R M

Irked.

The talent now seems to have been satisfied. ScarJo has two new Disney products lined up. Dwayne, Blunt, and Stone are already signed on for sequels (with Dwayne also getting a separate producer gig from Disney). Holland's got three more movies. Big name talent (Cheadle, Jackson, Isaac) seems more than eager to do ""TV"" on D+ series.

If Chapek has the right studio heads in place, he doesn't necessarily have to be the big schmoozer. He just needs to show he's not going to get in their way at a bare minimum.
Agree, he has to actually PAY the talent.

MrPromey

Irked.

Let's not forget the huge in-roads he's recently made with Imagineering to improve relationships there, too, right?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let's not forget the huge in-roads he's recently made with Imagineering to improve relationships there, too, right?
Let's not forget to not be hypocritical because it seems everyone here hates the current imagineering crew and should be cheering at their decimation.

RSoxNo1

This article reads like an attempt at damage control but you gotta love the seemingly not-so-subtle subversive message of the image at the top.

That "smile" looks like it's hurting him.

His suit's even the right color ;) :

Gists of the article is Bob's a real boy - a real creative boy who's proven his creativity and love for Disney and his customers from his time with the parks. He's just not Hollywood and is misunderstood. 🙄

View attachment 606587
Is this the first time that Kevin Mayer was acknowledged as a CEO candidate? I know it had been discussed in fan circles but not sure that it was ever public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom