Merchandise Shortage

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
As mentioned in other threads, the merchandise shortage is becoming quite apparent across property. At the Studios almost a quarter of the merchandise locations remain closed, with the rest of the parks still having locations shuttered since reopening. Many locations are trying to spread out the little they have to make it look full while removing floor fixtures that have no items available to stock them. You will also see most stores selling halloween items still as there is simply nothing else to put there . Here are some photos from around property the last couple days.
AFCA1ADF-666F-4FAD-B003-34D817114ED4.jpeg
FC9CCFA0-1945-4166-992F-3D1D67699409.jpeg
123C8D44-E5BD-4FEB-AEE3-28E1B20EC526.jpeg

Attachments

• 20B4582A-ED65-4319-919B-77503A3732DE.jpeg
    20B4582A-ED65-4319-919B-77503A3732DE.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 90

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
As mentioned in other threads, the merchandise shortage is becoming quite apparent across property. At the Studios almost a quarter of the merchandise locations remain closed, with the rest of the parks still having locations shuttered since reopening. Many locations are trying to spread out the little they have to make it look full while removing floor fixtures that have no items available to stock them. You will also see most stores selling halloween items still as there is simply nothing else to put there . Here are some photos from around property the last couple days.
I thought I had prepared myself for the lack of products in the parks during our trip there last week, nope - I was shocked
not only with the lack of products, but the quality - especially the t-shirt's. The way it felt to me was less in your face with merchandise and products in the parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If it is made in the USA, that $30 or more merchandise shirt rest assured will be selling at a much more higher price. That's a no brainer.
Quality is worth paying more for. A cheap t-shirt that rips and/or has holes in it/fades after 12 months vs. a shirt that holds up for years but costs more? That's a no-brainer. But Di$ney doesn't want to sell you higher quality items at higher prices, because there's an inherent lack of repeat sales for said-lower quality merchandise. How can you expect them to keep per-guest spending high if consumers don't have to purchase things over and over again because they break/fade/wear out quickly?? Wall Street analysts would burst into fits of anger!!

bpiper

You'd think with Disney being friends with China they'd have no problem getting merchandise from them. But here we are.
Probably not so much that they can't get merchandise from China, but it's stuck on a container ship that's waiting in line to be unloaded off of one of the California ports.

It's like a situation at the deli. Disney just pulled a ticket and it says 10,500 while the sign above says now serving number 23.

Lilofan

Probably not so much that they can't get merchandise from China, but it's stuck on a container ship that's waiting in line to be unloaded off of one of the California ports.

It's like a situation at the deli. Disney just pulled a ticket and it says 10,500 while the sign above says now serving number 23.
Help wanted - to unload containers off of ships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom