Merchandise Shortage

JoeCamel

Even brave Mickey has seen too much and has to look away from the carnage of the empire

mick.PNG

Lilofan

Quality is worth paying more for. A cheap t-shirt that rips and/or has holes in it/fades after 12 months vs. a shirt that holds up for years but costs more? That's a no-brainer.
That's a misleading generalization- pay more for quality unless that is just your own personal opinion. I'm all for quality wherever it comes from.

hopemax

I'm sure it's only a matter of time until they get into the NFT scam... errr... business. Pay real money for a collectible something you'll never physically own!

"Look, kids! We have a digital copy of a piece of a parade float!"
Disney already has. Someone on another group posted pictures because they bought them all. There was like an Iron Man, Sorcerer Hat, Elsa. Disney’s Golden Moments.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think we are likely to see some store closures across WDW.
No doubt…”temporary permanent”
Yuck. World of Disney was a zoo last night (a Monday). I'd hate to see what it will be like if more shops close and people think (like I did Sunday night), "I'm not navigating that crowd in (insert theme park gift shop) when I can just go to World of Disney."
Da hell was a noted contrarian like you doing there?
i wouldn’t worry too much. i’m sure they’ll find a few ways to get more money out of guests.
Here’s an ide-er:
What if they shut down shops for day “peasants”…but instead make them a “perk” for high priced, short hour night tickets? Maybe even some special merch only available then off the ship from the factory outside Shanghai Disneyland?

Less staff…more draw…higher prices?

🤔…who’s game?
Made in China.
Yep…let’s find some people with deep pockets to blame for that 👍🏻

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I am confident that at this point, raw material shortages (related to shipping) and the warehousing crisis (no room anywhere) are just as if not likely more responsible for the merchandise shortages as shipping container unloading, which is actually improving.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I’d bet dollars to donuts that Disney is reliant on 3rd party warehousing services, whose warehouses are currently full of paper towels and Pelotons.

John park hopper

Went to Lowes yesterday for the blue plastic electrical boxes --they haven't had any in weeks PVC pip fittings hard to find them. Trying to find a Whirlpool water softener back ordered. Find it hard to believe this is all pandemic related since we have a high level of vaccinated people now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am confident that at this point, raw material shortages (related to shipping) and the warehousing crisis (no room anywhere) are just as if not likely more responsible for the merchandise shortages as shipping container unloading, which is actually improving.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I’d bet dollars to donuts that Disney is reliant on 3rd party warehousing services, whose warehouses are currently full of paper towels and Pelotons.
…so THAT’S why peloton lowered their price? 🤔

ImperfectPixie

The Walmart near us has a ton of containers sitting in what is the side parking lot and access to the Tire Center...they aren't empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom