News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Cmdr_Crimson

Dental plan.
the-simpsons-homer-simpsons.gif

Vinnie Mac

I'm a little confused at this point. Most of you hate IP coming to Epcot but you seem very desperate to have these new things open. Do you actually want them or no?

UNCgolf

I'm a little confused at this point. Most of you hate IP coming to Epcot but you seem very desperate to have these new things open. Do you actually want them or no?

I wish they were building something else, but since they chose to build these things, then yes I would like them open. EPCOT needs the capacity.

If there was an option to not open these and have them replaced with something better, I'd choose that, but that's not happening.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s not “hating IP in Epcot”. It’s Disney’s insistence on using a jackhammer to make using them “fit” where it doesn’t belong. You weren’t a member of the site when we were first discussing this for GotG.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
My priority ranking would be something to the effect of:
1. Something original, creative, and on-theme for the particular park
2. Something original and creative that may not be on-theme (with or without IP)
3. IP clone of something in 3-4 other parks
4. IP retheme of something existing
5. Something lazy to jam in an IP, like another spinner
6. Pfft, let’s just slap another character meet and greet into the space and call it a day
7. Leave the big building empty for years and years and throw up some construction walls.

We’ve been sitting at #7 for what, 14-15 years now (granted, with some occasional use as festival vendor space). So, while we all may want something in the first 2-3 items, anything in the first 6 is frankly an improvement.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
COVID is only an excuse if they’re still following all of the COVID precautions. But they’re not.

They MIGHT could blame staffing issues. But they choose to staff lots of things that don’t actually need to be open, which disney has prioritized because they want every single penny at every little ice cream stand.

So, no. Disney doesn’t have a good enough excuse.

Vinnie Mac

I wish they were building something else, but since they chose to build these things, then yes I would like them open. EPCOT needs the capacity.

If there was an option to not open these and have them replaced with something better, I'd choose that, but that's not happening.
Fair. Just don't see the point in complaining about something just to beg for it to open

Vinnie Mac

It’s not “hating IP in Epcot”. It’s Disney’s insistence on using a jackhammer to make using them “fit” where it doesn’t belong. You weren’t a member of the site when we were first discussing this for GotG.
You act as if I can't scroll back a couple hundred pages and read till my hearts content.

Vinnie Mac

My priority ranking would be something to the effect of:
1. Something original, creative, and on-theme for the particular park
2. Something original and creative that may not be on-theme (with or without IP)
3. IP clone of something in 3-4 other parks
4. IP retheme of something existing
5. Something lazy to jam in an IP, like another spinner
6. Pfft, let’s just slap another character meet and greet into the space and call it a day
7. Leave the big building empty for years and years and throw up some construction walls.

We’ve been sitting at #7 for what, 14-15 years now (granted, with some occasional use as festival vendor space). So, while we all may want something in the first 2-3 items, anything in the first 6 is frankly an improvement.
Has 6 not been happening either though?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom